Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast and East Anglia weather discussion

Blessed Weather

Posted

ok rant session here. I love love the cold as much as anyone and tend to stalk the MOD thread. tend not to post in there after being told off for a southen byas a few years back, and i know that everyone is entitled to their opinion but chasing snow in April beggars belief. It is the worst time for frost and snow transient or not. i am amazed at peoples enthusiasm when it means el zipp. I get hysterical if and when we get the chance of snow in the winter months. Not now!!  grumpy man out!!!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.

I'm enjoying this current spell of relativly warm and sunny weather.

Whilst down at the seafront this afternoon, there were 2 members of the St Leonards Sea Swimming Club, I was  shivering my timbers just watching them swimming in the briney. Air temperature was 12.2c and the sea temperature a bone chilling 7.4c.

I can just about manage a dip in the sea at the end of summer when the sea temperature is usually around 17-18c here.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
8 hours ago, Jimmyh said:

ok rant session here. I love love the cold as much as anyone and tend to stalk the MOD thread. tend not to post in there after being told off for a southen byas a few years back, and i know that everyone is entitled to their opinion but chasing snow in April beggars belief. It is the worst time for frost and snow transient or not. i am amazed at peoples enthusiasm when it means el zipp. I get hysterical if and when we get the chance of snow in the winter months. Not now!!  grumpy man out!!!

There were a few on there this winter saying that it never snows much in this country anyway until March/April, looks like they were right again with snow likely to fall next week and April looking a lot colder.

Posted

When did it last snow in London during April? I would love a bit of nightime snow this April (very unlikely, i know) ,  it would be gone in the morning, but snow in London usually does not hang around long anyway.

Posted

If it snows in

22 hours ago, snowray said:

There were a few on there this winter saying that it never snows much in this country anyway until March/April, looks like they were right again with snow likely to fall next week and April looking a lot colder.

Which models? I'll treat you to a pint if it snows in London at any time before the end of April.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
17 minutes ago, Crepuscular Ray said:

If it snows in

Which models? I'll treat you to a pint if it snows in London at any time before the end of April.

Still quite a few snow chances on the GFS 12z ensembles there, although it was looking better on yesterdays runs. We shall see.

graphe_ens3.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !
11 hours ago, Bricriu said:

When did it last snow in London during April? I would love a bit of nightime snow this April (very unlikely, i know) ,  it would be gone in the morning, but snow in London usually does not hang around long anyway.

Remember it snowing early one Sunday morning in April 2008 it settled briefly for an hour or two ...

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
32 minutes ago, Badgers01 said:

Remember it snowing early one Sunday morning in April 2008 it settled briefly for an hour or two ...

Yes, it was 2008. Remember getting up that morning and being shocked by a couple of cm’s of lying snow. All melted away by lunchtime.

• Like 1

Posted
13 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Yes, it was 2008. Remember getting up that morning and being shocked by a couple of cm’s of lying snow. All melted away by lunchtime.

I was working at LHR at the time and for about 30 mins both runways had settled snow but it didn’t last or cause any probs - on the roof terrace of the Virgin upper class lounge we had a selection of palm trees and they had a good covering of snow and it looked great I took a pic but don’t know where it is ! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
10 minutes ago, Badgers01 said:

I was working at LHR at the time and for about 30 mins both runways had settled snow but it didn’t last or cause any probs - on the roof terrace of the Virgin upper class lounge we had a selection of palm trees and they had a good covering of snow and it looked great I took a pic but don’t know where it is ! 

Hehe, probably caused chaos at LHR? Luckily, I wasn’t working that day Hopefully no snow this April, don’t want my fruit trees to get damaged 

Posted

Well I don’t know where this so called, warm, sunny weather, temps up to 17/18 is happening, because over here in the Suffolk wilderness, it’s been dull, grey, sunless and frankly flipping cold all week! :cold:

Posted

Been sunny since daybreak over here in Peterborough feeling very warm now, we seem to have escaped the north sea gunge this year which usually plagues us as well this time of year could it be we have missed a lot of the winter rains and the ground is parched?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun
1 hour ago, Blazerblue said:

Well I don’t know where this so called, warm, sunny weather, temps up to 17/18 is happening, because over here in the Suffolk wilderness, it’s been dull, grey, sunless and frankly flipping cold all week! :cold:

Greetings from the SW board. A couple of personal weather stations here in Torquay are already at 18C. Most stations depending on location are between 55F and 65F just before 11am! Sorry to hear its been bad over there which really surprises me. Its been sunny here since Sunday and looks like we might squeeze in one more day tomorrow. Flowers are everywhere now and the trees are coming into leaf so I hope we don't get any cold next week although its unlikely this far south and west.

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, TQWX said:

Greetings from the SW board. A couple of personal weather stations here in Torquay are already at 18C. Most stations depending on location are between 55F and 65F just before 11am! Sorry to hear its been bad over there which really surprises me. Its been sunny here since Sunday and looks like we might squeeze in one more day tomorrow. Flowers are everywhere now and the trees are coming into leaf so I hope we don't get any cold next week although its unlikely this far south and west.

Hello SW England, good to hear it’s not fake weather news then! At midday here, it’s between 9-10 degrees today (tops has been 12 this week) and a grey cloudy day again. Last saw the sun on Sunday I think. If you could send the sun across I’d be grateful. I assume it’s being about 6 miles from the cold North Sea that’s causing the problem for us. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
9 minutes ago, Blazerblue said:

Hello SW England, good to hear it’s not fake weather news then! At midday here, it’s between 9-10 degrees today (tops has been 12 this week) and a grey cloudy day again. Last saw the sun on Sunday I think. If you could send the sun across I’d be grateful. I assume it’s being about 6 miles from the cold North Sea that’s causing the problem for us. 

Funny you should mention that, BB...I can now see blues sky and sunshine - coming in from the east!

• Like 1

Posted
44 minutes ago, Paul said:

Nice here in the Midlands too  

are you trying to upset me  my eldest kids are in the midlands, they say it’s been nice too.

@Ed Stone indeed there appears to be some lighter cloud and what maybe a small patch of sun seeping through :yahoo: I’ll be chuffing amazed if it lasts 

• Like 2

Posted

Beautiful afternoon here in Surrey , in Marlow earlier and was pretty sunny from 9am there 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.

Here in this part of East Sussex we've been blighted with a blanket of cloud for the last couple of days, only clearing around 4pm this afernoon.

I'm hoping for some better weather over the weekend before the predicted colder spell arrives next week.

Posted

Felt very mild in the sunshine here this afternoon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Looks like it's due to drop into single figure day time temps next week. Boo!

After the lovely weather we've had it will be quite noticeable!

• Like 1