Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model discussion - Warm spell ending as Spring begins

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
10 minutes ago, Mattwolves said:

Was just gonna point out regarding the above post, are the uppers cold enough for snow to the south, ecm has that low pressure just to the south, but currently indicating - 4 uppers, but lower temps to the north, one to watch for sure regarding the track, the situation is likely to change quite a lot! 

ECM1-168.gif

ECM0-168.gifedit... Some really cold uppers to our north, could be an interesting next week! 

168_mslp850uk.png

feel as though snow is much easier to get in March and more especially April, at least here, feels as though nothing has to be as cold

• Like 5

Posted

Although the pattern is beginning to change this evening, and continues over the rest of the week, culminating in a wet and windy weekend, like the gfs. the ecm has a further change starting around t156, into a much more mobile scenario, Ergo very unsettled with temps varying around average but probably a tad below by the end

t192.thumb.png.fafad2549f2d4d953bbeaf71100a926a.pngt240.thumb.png.f9f112be2897f638032e2929c3afbe51.pngjet.thumb.png.e6f8276f59feee57fce388b537da8ab8.png

index.thumb.png.1e84cbba2cdf4989f460d8e7bd935658.png

Edited by knocker
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish Plumes, Blizzards, Severe Frosts :-)

Tonight's Ecm 12z ensemble mean also introduces much colder air into the north next week and colder air generally across the uk as was the case with the operational..there could be some wintry weather evolving, especially further north which would no doubt be a shock to the system following all the summery warmth and unbroken sunshine..whether it turns significantly colder next week or not..it's going to be feeling much cooler from tomorrow with some showery rain across southern uk and then widely more unsettled thereafter with strong winds at times..BIG CHANGES afoot!

Edited by Frosty.
  • Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any kind of extremes. But the more snow the better.

According to the GEFS ensembles London could be in trouble by the 5th of March, just look at that snow row spike!!!! Strooth, its like the eifel tower! Snowmageddon incoming! Sure it's gone off on one

gefsens850london0.png

• Like 9

Posted

A quick look in the EPS ext period to get a feel where we going with the pattern change. Less amplification upstream vis the Alaskan ridge/Canadian vortex combo and although the latter is still active the the vortex is now quite diffuse over the Arctic. But there is still a strong upper flow exiting the eastern seaboard around the subtropical and over the UK so portending unsettled with temps a tad below average.This evening's NOAA in the same ball park

9-14.thumb.png.05a4722650581695991bce0319553dae.png814day_03.thumb.gif.00b2e20d5f5554df71a34c716fae0dba.gif

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.
2 hours ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Sigh! more snow south of the M4, they've had enough this winter!

ECM1-168.GIF?27-0

Is this a wind up? We've had one snow event here, I've lost count of how many winters  (the majority!) where down here we end up missing out on multiple snow events during the winter that end up being an M4 North event! 

So if it indeed ended up happening again I'd call it payback for all those winters lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Evening, the False Spring has come and nearly gone.  A Sunsational spell of weather for late winter , Has it happened before Yes It As, long before reliable weather records were taken,  I said a false Spring , April looks very cold perhaps historically , so perhaps March stormy cold predictictions  ,May  well be the first month of normal late Spring. The Wild undulating jet stream continues across the planet,  ,thanks to a cooling planet and sun and lunar activity 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow sun thunderstorms frost

March is one month's which can come with any extremes very warm to snow big rain showers winds have enjoyed the sunshine but it's gone dry again soil was hard today out the garden this forum and weather models keeps us on our toes though the seasons of the year.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

Hay guys

been browsing for a couple of weeks on here and i see the cold hunt thread has gone,well i am still hunting....

the ens has been steadfast at decreasing the temps over the last few days from showing a flatlining of 0c isotherm to near -5 now so upgrades on a cooler/colder feal to things as we go through next week

i see models are toying with height rises into Scandi or the Atlantic but what i have seen of late is for systems to track in a nw>se trajectory,back to square one like late jan?

it has been an exeptional feb for warmth and i have enjoyed it,it gets me out and about and to get things done early in the garden of which is a bonus and feel uplifted,i have not got out this early in the garden in the entire time i have been on this forum,is it june?

a shock to the system coming next week but it is not unheard of as late feb/early march can throw everything at us whether it be warm days or frigid  beast's

don't hang up your sledges yet,you could be putting your flip flops away.

• Like 8

Posted

Some bizarre 18z graphics for the upcoming 2 weeks, just selected a few, and we basically have a mix of rain/sleet/snow. Gonna be a lot going on for sure! 

18_54_preciptype.png

18_72_preciptype.png

18_96_preciptype.png

18_132_preciptype.png

18_186_preciptype.png

18_198_preciptype.png

18_372_preciptype.png

• Like 3

Posted
1 minute ago, feb1991blizzard said:

First genuinely 'proper blocked cold' chart on the ops for a while.

image.thumb.png.45f0cac3231bfd197a10e08f0b8c2b72.png

Woooohooooo, do I detect Greenland height rises!!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice
1 minute ago, feb1991blizzard said:

First genuinely 'proper blocked cold' chart on the ops for a while.

image.thumb.png.45f0cac3231bfd197a10e08f0b8c2b72.png

Stunning chart that is

as i have said earlyier the models are showing a block either Scandi or Atlantic,could be a long March:oldgrin:

• Like 3

Posted
2 minutes ago, Mattwolves said:

Only 2 weeks away..what could possibly go wrong?:gathering:

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.
3 minutes ago, Mattwolves said:

probably wouldn't turn into a HLB (watch the evolution from 360-384) but the uppers are cold enough for inland convection at this time of year so very heavy snow showers could develop almos anywhere i would think.

• Like 3

Posted
1 minute ago, Frosty. said:

Only 2 weeks away..what could possibly go wrong?:gathering:

If this was a heatwave, I tell you what frosty it would be nailed on. But I'm liking that chart Feb has just posted..... I'm liking it a lot.

• Like 4

Posted
3 minutes ago, feb1991blizzard said:

probably wouldn't turn into a HLB (watch the evolution from 360-384) but the uppers are cold enough for inland convection at this time of year so very heavy snow showers could develop almos anywhere i would think.

You had me at the word SNOW Feb, its been a long time coming, but it's coming Feb, IT'S COMING HOME!!! 

brace-yourself-winter-is-coming-no-37568531.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.
1 minute ago, Mattwolves said:

You had me at the word SNOW Feb, its been a long time coming, but it's coming Feb, IT'S COMING HOME!!! 

brace-yourself-winter-is-coming-no-37568531.png

EPS aren't great tbh although i have only looked at the London graph so i suppose they wouldn't look all that special for an urban heat effect area in March from a N'ly.

Posted
1 minute ago, Purga said:

Nice northerly to blow the mild cobwebs away

image.thumb.png.24313f6bd17f2fc7b85592cf9bce40c4.png

This winter has been purga-tory!!..hope the 18z is right

• Like 5

Posted
3 minutes ago, feb1991blizzard said:

EPS aren't great tbh although i have only looked at the London graph so i suppose they wouldn't look all that special for an urban heat effect area in March from a N'ly.

Yep, London has a big anti cold dome around it! The 12s look pretty good up north, still waiting on the 18s

• Like 2