Snow?
Sign in to follow this  
TomSE12

CHELTENHAM TIPPING COMPETITION

Posted (edited)

6 times runner-up Willie Mullins finally has the gold cup

Edited by Summer Sun

Posted (edited)

Listed below are the Results of all, of the additional 7 Categories, in the Competition with Betting Odds attached: 

CATEGORY 1.)

CHAMPION HURDLE RESULT:

1.) ESPOIR D'ALLEN 16/1 2.) MELON 20/1 3.) SILVER STREAK 80/1 4.) LAURINA 7/2.

CHELTENHAM GOLD CUP RESULT:

1.) AL BOUM PHOTO 16/1 2.) ANIBALE FLY 22/1 3.) BRISTOL DE MAI 10/1 4.) NATIVE RIVER 6/1.

There were NO correct WIN or EACH WAY Doubles, selected.

CATEGORY 2). CHELTENMAM TOP JOCKEY: image.png.46716a73b90a9d95eb1527d8ab521ea5.png Nico de BOINVILLE 12/1.

CATEGORY 3). CHELTENMAM LEADING TRAINER:  image.png.145bebfb0851b41c67db2fa472e6827d.png Willie MULLINS 3/1.

CATEGORY 4).OFFICIAL GOING AT THE START OF DAY 1: SOFT      7/2. .

CATEGORY 5). WILL IT SNOW DURING ITV's RACING COVERAGE OF THE CHELTENHAM FESTIVAL?: NO 1/6.

CATEGORY 6). NUMBER OF IRISH  image.png.7dabda8aab5598546adc4b02aa69eddb.pngTRAINED WINNERS AT CHETENHAM FESTIVAL: (14) FOURTEEN to SIXTEEN  13/8                                                     

CATEGORY 7). NUMBER OF WINNERS RIDDEN BY FEMALE JOCKEYS: (43 -4  2/1

Really feeling tired tonight (Competition Fatigue Syndrome), so will post up Final Standings, tomorrow morning. Will comment on the Competition and the Festival, itself.

But those of you that have followed the Competition will be aware that Callum (KIRKCALDY WEATHER), has won the Competition. His victory sealed by the wins of CH'TIBELLO, today and Nico de BOINVILLE's win in the Top Jockey Category. Well done Callum. :clapping:

Off to bed, for an early night.

Regards,

Tom. :hi: 🏇

Edited by TomSE12
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Listed below, are the Final Standings, in the 2019 Cheltenham Tipping Competition:

CHELTENHAM COMPETITION (AFTER DAY 4)

FINAL STANDINGS TABLE

RESULTS                                OTHER     V/W

DAY 1 CAT.4 DAY 2 DAY 3 DAY CAT.5  CATS.   TOTAL

1.     K/WEATHER       X     45.00     9.38   86.35  26.25        X      52.00    218.98  

2.          LASSIE23    16.13 45.00    15.25    9.50  19.50     11.67   16.00    133.05

3.   BRISTLE BOY   14.50     N/S    25.00   18.63   8.13       N/S         X       66.26             

4.    ANTONYBR7      5.50  *(5.00)* 11.26    9.44  17.50     11.67       X        50.37      

5.         TOMSE12     27.13 *(10.00)*  7.00    7.13    7.13       X           X        38.39

6.    JENNYJANE     11.50     N/S         X    11.25    7.25       X           X        30.00

V/W = VIRTUAL WINNINGS.

*NB*  TOMSE12 - DEDUCTED £10, INCORRECT GOING PREDICTION.

ANTONYBR7 - DEDUCTED £5, INCORRECT GOING PREDICTION.

N/S = NO PREDICTION MADE.

In a short while, I'll post up a few comments about the Competition and the Festival, itself.

Regards,

Tom.    :hi:  🏇

Edited by TomSE12
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, TomSE12 said:

Listed below, are the Final Standings, in the 2019 Cheltenham Tipping Competition:

FINAL STANDINGS TABLE

DAY 1 CAT.4 DAY 2 DAY 3 DAY CAT.5  CATS.   TOTAL

1.     K/WEATHER       X     45.00     9.38   86.35  26.25        X      52.00    218.98  

2.          LASSIE23    16.13 45.00    15.25    9.50  19.50     11.67   16.00    133.05

3.   BRISTLE BOY   14.50     N/S    25.00   18.63   8.13       N/S         X       66.26             

4.    ANTONYBR7      5.50  *(5.00)* 11.26    9.44  17.50     11.67       X        50.37      

5.         TOMSE12     27.13 *(10.00)*  7.00    7.13    7.13       X           X        38.39

6.    JENNYJANE     11.50     N/S         X    11.25    7.25       X           X        30.00

V/W = VIRTUAL WINNINGS.

*NB*  TOMSE12 - DEDUCTED £10, INCORRECT GOING PREDICTION.

ANTONYBR7 - DEDUCTED £5, INCORRECT GOING PREDICTION.

N/S = NO PREDICTION MADE.

In a short while, I'll post up a few comments about the Competition and the Festival, itself.

Regards,

Tom.    :hi:  🏇

Well done Kirkcaldy weather and thanks again for your efforts, Tom. 

• Like 2

Thanks 😀

Surprised I have finally managed to win one of these fantasy horse racing competitions as I am usually one of the "back markers" and at the bottom of the leaderboard but glad I managed to win this one :oldsmile: just want to say a huge thanks to @TomSE12 once again a fantastic host and brilliant at doing the calculating, updating results, rules etc keep up the great work Tom :clapping: :drinks:

• Like 1

Well, Callum (K/WEATHER), I think you saved my blushes. Soon realised I'd placed far too much emphasis on the Weather related Categories. Allocated way too much "virtual" stake (£5 and £10)!! Should really only have been half of that, at the most. Basically gave Callum and Lassie a long lead.  I've "hosted" a lot of these Horse Racing Competitions and the kind of lead that Callum and Lassie had, is very difficult to "claw" back, at a £1 level stakes!! I was forever tinkering with the Format of my Competitions, when I hosted them at work and trying to "iron" out any anomalies, only to create a huge one, in this Competition!! :nonono:Tut, tut, must do better!!

But K/WEATHER made that all academic by landing his Reverse F/cast in the Stayer's Hurdle (PAISLEY PARK/SAM SPINNER). Even think that "virtual" stake of £1 R/Fcast, should have only been 50p R/Fcast but as I stated K/W put the Competition to bed anyway and also selected Nico de BOINVILLE, as Top Jockey, anyway!!

RESULT OF THE NETWEATHER CHELTENHAM TIPPING COMPETITION 2019

1st   -          KIRKCALDY WEATHER - £218.98

2nd -                                  LASSIE23 - £133.05

3rd -                            BRISTLE BOY-   £66.36

4th -                             ANTONYBR7 -   £50.37

5th -                                  TOMSE12  -   £38.39

LAST-                           JENNYJANE  -  £30.00

1st            -   KIRKCALDY WEATHER - £218.98  (Broke tapes but not recalled, due to Starter's error. Not jump well, first circuit. In 2nd place, second circuit.  Jumping well, took up the running on third circuit and built up long lead.  Continued to jump well final circuit and went further away. Stayed on well, impressive. A much improved effort, after finishing 7th of 8, last season.)                                                        

2nd           -                          LASSIE23 - £133.05  (Broke tapes but not recalled, due to Starter's error. Led and jumped well, first circuit. Continued to jump well and led, second circuit. Joined and then passed  by Winner, third circuit. Jumped well final circuit but was left in Winner's wake, stayed on well. Yet again, this gelding showed his appreciation for stamina sapping trips. Was a Winner over a marathon distance in Late Autumn/Early Winter.)                                                3rd            -                    BRISTLE BOY-   £66.36 (Last season's Winner has been off the Course, for a long time. Hampered by Starter's error, first circuit. Jumped well and made headway towards leading duo, second circuit. Continued to jump well third circuit but couldn't make much ground on leaders. Came under pressure final circuit and weakened Finished tired. Was in no doubt needing the race and last season's winner should be given another chance, if turning out for Aintree.)            

4th            -                     ANTONYBR7 -   £50.37  (Multiple Competition Winner and full brother to useful Mare, HAYLEYBR7. Left at start and badly hampered when Sire (who think's he's Michael Fish), put him away re,. the weather related Categories!! Perhaps you should have gone PLAICE only, Antony, instead of win!! :oldgrin: Made modest late headway, through beaten entrants, final circuit but by this time, the leading duo had flown. One to watch if turning out for Aintree, when I'm sure he'll prove, this form was all wrong.)        

5th             -                          TOMSE12 -  £38.39 (Sure to face disciplinary action from the Jockey Club for allowing the first and second to go clear, after a false start. Has been suffering from a touch of "Equine Flu" (heavy cold actually). Ran in snatches, weakened final circuit and finished, very tired.) 

LAST         -                    JENNYJANE  -  £30.00 (Another entrant who's been off the Course for a long time. Also, was badly hampered by the Starter's error. Ran in snatches and weakened final circuit and finished, very tired. Ran as though, needing the race. Finished 4th last year and should be given another chance, if turning out for Aintree.)

I'd like to thank all of you for entering and helping to recreate the "buzz" I felt, when working for those two Credit Bookmaker's.

Please let me know your views on the Format and any improvements you think, I could make. I'd like to hear your views.

Really hope we can all get together again for the Grand National meeting at Aintree ( 4th-6th April.)

Will hold a "virtual" prize giving ceremony later on today, or tomorrow. Plus, post up my thought's on this week's Festival.

I'll also need to update my Champion's League and Darts Competitions.

I'll probably tune in and watch the Midland's Grand National(3.35) at Uttoxeter a little later, too.

Thanks to you all again and congratulations, Callum.  :clapping:

BRISTLE BOY, was absolutely right when he stated the other day, that Cheltenham week is "exhausting work".

Regards,

Tom.  :hi: 🏇

• Like 2

@TomSE12 Tiger Roll the favourite for the grand national ATM and no wonder with the fantastic run at Cheltenham http://sports.williamhill.com/bet/en-gb/betting/t/766/Grand-National.html  Tiger Roll 11/2 looking forward to the fantasy grand national competition already and a challenge to see if I can do back to back wins 😀

• Like 1

yala enki ran a nice prep race for the grand national finishing 7th, always has a huge weight to carry, if the horse gets less than 10.12 for the national, my money is on

• Like 2

Just wanted to post up this photo of the hard copy of the Final Standings Table, just to prove that all these figures aren't a figment of my imagination. Hope you can read it, clearly enough.

image.thumb.png.f1104ec7df407d55bf3ce3c6e066707c.png

Will hold the "virtual" Prize giving ceremony tomorrow, once I've thought of some appropriate, "virtual" prizes,

Regards,

Tom.  :hi: 🏇

• Like 1

FINAL STANDINGS TABLE

DAY 1 CAT.4 DAY 2 DAY 3 DAY 4  CAT.5  CATS.   TOTAL

Finally the much delayed, "virtual" prize giving ceremony. A colleague of my Wife's popped in last night and it would've been rude of me to turn on the computer. Without further ado then.

1st PRIZE: Callum (KIRKCALDY WEATHER). - A 3 Day Pass and all expenses paid "virtual" trip to Aintree's Grand National meeting (4th - 6th April). Plus a signed photograph of Callum's winning Leading Jockey prediction, Nico de Boinville, aboard the brilliant, ALTIOR:

image.thumb.png.34ff86a79a7e3daa50582eed3bed3aa8.png

2nd PRIZE: Lassie - An all expenses paid "virtual" trip to Aintree's Grand National (6th April). Plus a signed photograph of Lassie's Leading Trainer prediction, Willie Mullins, leading his "string":

image.thumb.png.2ed65746762e4f096e0286310b117e2f.png

Totally agree with BRISTLE BOY's comments on the Horse Racing thread. It was obviously very sad to lose those 3 horses, that had to be put down following bad falls. It would be very hypocritical of me to throw my hands up in disgust and agree with those in some quarters that believe Horse Racing is cruel!! Having spent 25+ years in the Bookmaking Industry, for two Companies, roughly 90% of our business was directly involved with Horse Racing. So, I'm very grateful to the sport, for it's role in providing me with an income for that length of time. I thought the comments from ITV's Racing Team struck the right balance, regarding last week's Festival. We indeed saw the "high's" and "low's" of NH racing. Some years ago I had the pleasure of attending some Open Day's, at Racing Stables, such as Josh Gifford's (Findon) and Luca Cumani's (Newmarket). I was struck by how well the horses were cared for. They are shown a great deal of love and affection, from their lads and lasses and are looked after, impeccably.

We saw some tremendous performances from two great champions, ALTIOR and TIGER ROLL. Would love the "Tiger" to repeat his 2018 Grand National win, by following up on 6th April.

The two very emotional wins of Bryony Frost on FRODON (Ryanair Chase) and PAISLEY PARK (Stayer's Hurdle).

I'd just like to say a big thank you to all that entered. I thoroughly enjoyed it and it helped in Yours Truly, reliving the "buzz" that I felt when working in the Bookmaking industry. The Cheltenham Festival was always, by far and away my favourite racing week of the year!!

I really hope we can all meet up again for Aintree's Grand National meeting (4th - 6th April). 

Regards,

Edited by TomSE12
  • Like 2

Great stuff Tom. Big thanks from me, to add to others' comments.

All eyes to the Grand National. Off to Fuerteventura for a week next Wednesday, back on 3rd April, so just in time for Aintree. I planned that well.😀

Tiger Roll looks a worthy favourite after he completely bolted up last week. One at a big price who i think could run into a place, and who ran at Cheltenham, is Noble Endeavour, currently 50/1 with Bet365.

See you all for Aintree.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Bristle boy said:

Great stuff Tom. Big thanks from me, to add to others' comments.

All eyes to the Grand National. Off to Fuerteventura for a week next Wednesday, back on 3rd April, so just in time for Aintree. I planned that well.😀

Tiger Roll looks a worthy favourite after he completely bolted up last week. One at a big price who i think could run into a place, and who ran at Cheltenham, is Noble Endeavour, currently 50/1 with Bet365.

See you all for Aintree.

Thanks for your very kind words, B b. Hope you have a lovely time in Fuerteventura. It will be great to have you "on board", for the Aintree Competition. Would expect a bold showing from you in Liverpool, after perhaps needing the Competition (Race), after being off the Competition Course, for such a long time. 

I performed awfully at Cheltenham but on the last day was pleased that my thoughts about one Gold Cup runner, proved accurate. I couldn't have MIGHT BITE on my mind for the Gold Cup, at all!! :nonono:

IMO, although the horse won the RSA Chase at the Festival in 2017, he came under severe pressure and wandered about badly on the run-in and held on by a nose, from Whisper. I don't think he truly stays 3 and a 1/4 Miles., especially on a stiff track like Cheltenham. IMO, he's far better suited to the flatter tracks of Kempton and Aintree. So, I was quite pleased to see Might Bite backpedal, once the heat was turned up, on Friday.

If he's over his Gold Cup exertions, it will be interesting to see if Henderson decides to let him take his chance at Aintree or Punchestown, before the end of the season.

Just a postscript to TIGER ROLL's impressive, second win in the Cross Country Chase. Again, an incredible training performance by Gordon Elliott. That was his fourth win at the Festival, having won the Triumph Hurdle(2014), National Hunt Chase(2017) and his first Cross Country win, last year.

TIGER ROLL, has a very similar profile to one of my favourite horses, COMMANCHE COURT.  "Commanche" won the 1997 Triumph Hurdle, under Norman Williamson for Ruby's father, Ted.

No, not him: image.png.17ae25668c6d6eb51fe29d07ee7ae9fc.png, him: image.png.74f09d7c00485f2cf09ebc976f040191.png

Below, COMMANCHE COURT's Triumph Hurdle win:

Given a great ride by, Stormin' Norman (Williamson).

In 2000, Ruby Walsh started to hit the headlines when winning the English Grand National on Papillon (cost the Credit Bookmaker's I was working for a fortune, when backed down in the morning, after featuring as the Pricewise selection, in that morning's Racing Post.) A few weeks later Ruby rode "Commanche" to victory in the Irish Grand National. Although I may be talking through my pocket, this has to be one of the finest rides I've seen given by a NH jockey, in my time of watching NH Racing. Ruby sat as quiet as the proverbial "church mouse" and only became animated, close home. See below:

Ruby Walsh's career had taken off, "big time". He was propelled to the top of the NH world and soon became the scourhe of Bookmaker's, throughout the land!! In 2002 I had a tasty each way bet on Commanche Court at 40/1, for the Cheltenham Gold Cup. He ran a great race but got run out of it, by the brilliant Best Mate. See below:

Painful to watch that again, for a moment I thought I'd landed a right nice touch!!

Regards,

• Like 1