Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?

Hi Guys

I saw all the other Tours had a Thread and thought Tour 1 looked a little left out so here is YOUR Thread 😃

In under 3 months time we will be well into Tour 1 and hopefully some Southern Plains action and some text book Set-Ups. Who is out on Tour 1 this year and if you have any questions please ask away.

Myself, your drivers Jock, Richard and Martin will be arriving on the 2nd May to Set-Up everything up and test the equipment. The official arrival day is May 4th and the first official chase day is Sunday 5th May.

Cant wait to meet you all with the brand spanking shiny new Beast Cars and set off on this years adventure

Regards

Paul

Hi Paul and others,

I'm also on tour 1 and couldn't be more excided. I will be arriving on the 3rd may, to have an extra rest day, after more than 30 hours spent on different airports (Vienna- Amsterdam- NY- DFW). It will be my first time in tornado alley and I'm hoping to get some spectacularly structured storms that aren't really common here in Slovenia (wouldn't say no to a tornado or two😀). Fingers crossed for an active week, full of photogenic supercells and a better season than 2018. 

I'm looking forward to meeting you all,

Jernej 

• Like 1

Hi Jernej 

You are going to have a brilliant time on tour 1. 

The  great plains can produce some of the best structure you will ever see. 

Tom

• Like 1

Hi,

I’m on tour 1 as well and this will be my first time storm chasing which I can’t wait for! Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Amy

• Like 2

Hi all

I'm booked for tour 1 also, looking forward to it, First time chasing, first trip to the U.S. as well!! 🙂

Tadhg

Posted (edited)

Has anyone got any advice on the best way to get mobile internet out on the great plains?

Im with Vodafone Ireland, so I'm thinking a US sim??

Cheers

Tadhg

Edited by Tadhg Diver

Vodafone UK do a roam like you're home option which includes the USA for £6 a day which I know a lot of guests have used in the past, not sure if Vodafone Ireland may have the same?

If not, you can pick up a payg phone / dongle / sim in Walmart no problems. 

• Thanks 1