Jump to content
Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Sign in to follow this  
ItIsGee

Tour 4

Recommended Posts

On 09/02/2019 at 20:25, Nick L said:

*waves*

Fellow tour 4 driver here.

*Wavess back* Hellooooooooo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Everyone!

 

just as the other threads are getting popular i thought our little T4 thread can get a bump!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well hello there! Can’t wait to get out there, the next few weeks are going to be torture...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all, getting very close now, watching the live streams, msg boards and following Paul B’s Facebook pictures and forwarded messages, some amazing storms so far.

Seems i’m living on the edge and am flying out on the 8th from Heathrow on the 14.45 to Denver.

Do have a question, been trawling but haven’t seen anything on other boards around lightning triggers, anyone got recommendation for a Canon 7d, don’t want to spend a fortune, but don’t want a duffer either, ideally renting a good quality one would be a best option, can’t imagine it would have too many uses back in Essex afterwards.

Steve

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tour 4 charts are appearing at the furthest end of the model runs! I know we cannot take them for granted but it does show some signs of active weather (yey!)

SKEW-T chart for the middle of OK which is showing 83 / 73 spreads at 6pm is surely exciting to read but we have to control our excitement!

CAPE and all the other ingredients are showing good signs!

I fly in on June 7th from LHR 14:40 flight!

image.thumb.png.874435c04be352308a40b21d9d5359ed.pngimage.thumb.png.687846fdf5a417496065c79c3ff623b9.pngimage.thumb.png.ea19ce36c0c47d7b5434c3a3d8ff9780.pngimage.thumb.png.095587a6da7b5e664920319761712e0b.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/05/2019 at 18:04, Steve Barnett said:

Hi all, getting very close now, watching the live streams, msg boards and following Paul B’s Facebook pictures and forwarded messages, some amazing storms so far.

Seems i’m living on the edge and am flying out on the 8th from Heathrow on the 14.45 to Denver.

Do have a question, been trawling but haven’t seen anything on other boards around lightning triggers, anyone got recommendation for a Canon 7d, don’t want to spend a fortune, but don’t want a duffer either, ideally renting a good quality one would be a best option, can’t imagine it would have too many uses back in Essex afterwards.

Steve

hi mate

Lightning triggers can be good, MR Finney bought one for a season and ended up binning it as it was rubbish! BUT he does have one now, this one - https://tinyurl.com/y6382jq9 

Living on the edge? 8th June? yeah probably, 7th would have been better for two reason 1) i am on the same flight! 2) it gives us chance to maybe get an extra day of chasing or at least get us in position depending on the models..worth a conversation to go a day before?

 

anyhoo!  ill be Doghouse driver for T4, also known as the party car!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would definitely recommend flying in the day before. Is it too late to change?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately not seeing any available flights for the 7th. May be in the market for energy drinks.

Looking forward to being in the doghouse, should be home form home 😂

I know from my trip in 2017 the lightning triggers were a bit random, banging them off non stop when few visible strikes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all, fellow Tour 4 member here. I’m Pete, and I’ll be accompanying my brother, Chris, who’s been wanting to do a Storm Chasing holiday for about 20 years and now has the time and money to do it. 

PS Trying to upload a profile pic but website failing me. Probably just as well - some of you may have just had your lunch.

looking forward to seeing some weather. 😬

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Pete J said:

Hi all, fellow Tour 4 member here. I’m Pete, and I’ll be accompanying my brother, Chris, who’s been wanting to do a Storm Chasing holiday for about 20 years and now has the time and money to do it. 

PS Trying to upload a profile pic but website failing me. Probably just as well - some of you may have just had your lunch.

looking forward to seeing some weather. 😬

Morning Pete!  I wouldnt worry too much about a profile pic!!

 

What are your flight details?  I was hoping to meet with people at LHR T5 if they are flying on or around the same time as me!  I am on the 14:40 LHR - DEN BA flight.

if you havent already, i made a kit list in the forum, worth a read!

 

Gee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, ItIsGee said:

Morning Pete!  I wouldnt worry too much about a profile pic!!

 

What are your flight details?  I was hoping to meet with people at LHR T5 if they are flying on or around the same time as me!  I am on the 14:40 LHR - DEN BA flight.

if you havent already, i made a kit list in the forum, worth a read!

 

Gee

Greetings Gee. We're also on the 14:40 (Friday) LHR to DEN (Iberia (via BA) flight 7407). But I've got it as leaving from Terminal 3 - that the same flight?

PS We're staying at the Hyatt House, which I think is just across the way from the pick-up hotel.

PPS thanks for the kit list heads-up. I think we had most of that stuff already but some useful suggestions for additional things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pete J said:

Greetings Gee. We're also on the 14:40 (Friday) LHR to DEN (Iberia (via BA) flight 7407). But I've got it as leaving from Terminal 3 - that the same flight?

PS We're staying at the Hyatt House, which I think is just across the way from the pick-up hotel.

PPS thanks for the kit list heads-up. I think we had most of that stuff already but some useful suggestions for additional things.

I stand corrected!  it is T3!  Well it would be rude not to have a pre flight beer at the airport!

 

ill be flying in from Manchester that morning!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ItIsGee said:

I stand corrected!  it is T3!  Well it would be rude not to have a pre flight beer at the airport!

 

ill be flying in from Manchester that morning!

Moment of panic this end. I booked parking for us and thought I'd picked the wrong terminal 🙂

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pete J said:

Moment of panic this end. I booked parking for us and thought I'd picked the wrong terminal 🙂

 

 

hahaha i tend to do that!

 

look forward to meeting you both!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all getting pretty close to the tour now , I get into Denver at 8.15 pm wednesday can’t wait to meet you all , save me a beer , will be at the days inn hopefully by 9 ish , will hunt for you in the bar !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 31/05/2019 at 11:57, ItIsGee said:

hahaha i tend to do that!

 

look forward to meeting you both!

Just a quick question...in terms of coordinating pick up on Saturday, do we just ring the number we’ve been given? Me and my brother are staying the Hyatt House which is only across the way. Wasn’t sure what the exact protocols/timings were.

Cheers,

pete

Edited by Paul
Removed number

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Pete

I will be arriving at the Days Inn with Tour 3 around 12 noon on Saturday so if you guys want to make your way over to the Days Inn some of the staff will already be there defo Graham Moore who arrives Friday 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great Start to Tour 4 with 4 Kansas Tornadoes on a Slight Risk 2% Day

The Goodland Supercell was an absolute beast sitting on the boundary most of the day

 

1560057140132.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Great Start to Tour 4 with 4 Kansas Tornadoes on a Slight Risk 2% Day

The Goodland Supercell was an absolute beast sitting on the boundary most of the day

 

1560057140132.jpg

Fantastic to see! Saw Burlington, CO under a tornado warning too last night! Great stuff! Stay safe!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...