Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Tour 3 2019

chionomaniac

Posted

Hi there,

I went on tour 3 last year, me and my sister (Mark and Anna) we didn't see any tornadoes but some nice storm structures and lighting. We went from Texas up to the northern states including Montana, North Dakota, Wyoming and Nebraska as well as some southern states. If you don't see any storms you get to see some nice places and good food.

I am booked on Tour 1 next year so hopefully I will see my first Tornado

Regards

Mark

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Cheers for your input...wowzer! been on YouTube and seem some mighty crazy ones and appears the majority of the 'bigguns' form around Moore near Oklahoma City :oldwink: and appears earlier in the season (March/April) Alabama/Arkansas/Missouri/Tennesee/Kentucky/Georgia are the States more effected but as mentioned as weather is a fickle beast Tour 5 could be as good as Tour 1 but May is the month for the 'action'...

Currently going though probate so next few months not sure what bills I'll be shelling out for, are there quite a few spaces available for 2020? (I can't see availability on the tours anywhere).

Cheers Tim

Edited by Froze were the Days

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cloud 9
On ‎10‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 22:37, Mark71 said:

Hi there,

I went on tour 3 last year, me and my sister (Mark and Anna) we didn't see any tornadoes but some nice storm structures and lighting. We went from Texas up to the northern states including Montana, North Dakota, Wyoming and Nebraska as well as some southern states. If you don't see any storms you get to see some nice places and good food.

I am booked on Tour 1 next year so hopefully I will see my first Tornado

Regards

Mark

Hi Mark  I will see you on change over day. Tom 

• 5 weeks later...

Hi all on tour 3. I will be the 3rd driver on this tour on 28/4/19 from Denver with both other Nicks! - Cant wait for this. 

I Have known paul a few years but never volunteered to drive until this year. I have chased before with friends from America over the years. My first ever chase was in Oklahoma in 2006. 

Looking forward to meeting those on tour 3. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer - Storms Winter - Blizzards
On 11/03/2019 at 11:10, Froze were the Days said:

Cheers for your input...wowzer! been on YouTube and seem some mighty crazy ones and appears the majority of the 'bigguns' form around Moore near Oklahoma City :oldwink: and appears earlier in the season (March/April) Alabama/Arkansas/Missouri/Tennesee/Kentucky/Georgia are the States more effected but as mentioned as weather is a fickle beast Tour 5 could be as good as Tour 1 but May is the month for the 'action'...

Currently going though probate so next few months not sure what bills I'll be shelling out for, are there quite a few spaces available for 2020? (I can't see availability on the tours anywhere).

Cheers Tim

Hi Tim,

if you are after some of the NW/Weatherholidays videos then i have a few on my YT Channel playlist!

• Thanks 1

Posted
On 24/03/2019 at 23:24, Tom Lynch said:

Hi Mark  I will see you on change over day. Tom 

Hi Tom

I am not storm chasing this year but I am booked on tour 1 next year 

Have a good time in the states this year

regards

Mark

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cloud 9
10 minutes ago, Mark71 said:

Hi Tom

I am not storm chasing this year but I am booked on tour 1 next year 

Have a good time in the states this year

regards

Mark

Looks like it could be an interesting year.  Tom

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms

Seeing the first tour off on a bonus chase day hasn’t half given me pangs to be back out there. Can’t wait til I touch down on the 27th. What days are other guests arriving?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
8 minutes ago, chionomaniac said:

Seeing the first tour off on a bonus chase day hasn’t half given me pangs to be back out there. Can’t wait til I touch down on the 27th. What days are other guests arriving?

It's going to be a long 3 weeks, Ed

Posted
Just now, Nick L said:

It's going to be a long 3 weeks, Ed

Definitely, and yet time flies when you are out there.....

Posted
1 hour ago, chionomaniac said:

I'm arriving on the 27th too - staying at the Days Inn overnight. Getting close now!

• Like 2

Posted
15 hours ago, chionomaniac said:

Definitely, and yet time flies when you are out there.....

maybe see you on changeover day for T4!

• Like 1

Posted

Hi all. I’ll be arriving on the evening of the 27th. Stopping just down the road from the Days Inn, heading into downtown Denver to shoot some pictures that evening/night if anyone wants to meet up ??

• Like 1

Posted

Sorry didn't respond Nick - my year was in Kansas  (1988) then travelling around the States, Mexico & Canada - saw zilch tornados I'm arriving in Denver at 6.40pm on 27th & staying at Days Inn that night - does anyone know of you have to pre-book the hotel minibus from the Airport? - sounds like a few of us will be at Days on 27th? See you folks then

Graham

Posted

Beginning of Tour 3 now edging into GFS range. Let the obsessive run watching commence!

• Like 1

Posted
On 09/05/2019 at 20:48, Lancastrian said:

Sorry didn't respond Nick - my year was in Kansas  (1988) then travelling around the States, Mexico & Canada - saw zilch tornados I'm arriving in Denver at 6.40pm on 27th & staying at Days Inn that night - does anyone know of you have to pre-book the hotel minibus from the Airport? - sounds like a few of us will be at Days on 27th? See you folks then

Graham

I'm in the Baymont so have no idea! I'll probably just get an Uber. My experience of hotel shuttle buses is that you can often be left in arrivals for an eternity, worth a few bucks just to get an Uber with minimal wait.

Posted
14 hours ago, Nick L said:

Beginning of Tour 3 now edging into GFS range. Let the obsessive run watching commence!

you clearly have better access to data or do you use any specific site?  I like pivotal weather (not that i have a clue what i am looking at!)

Posted
4 hours ago, ItIsGee said:

you clearly have better access to data or do you use any specific site?  I like pivotal weather (not that i have a clue what i am looking at!)

GFS goes out to +384 on all sites, that's now 29th May.

• Like 1

Posted
22 hours ago, Nick L said:

I'm in the Baymont so have no idea! I'll probably just get an Uber. My experience of hotel shuttle buses is that you can often be left in arrivals for an eternity, worth a few bucks just to get an Uber with minimal wait.

Hope it works out, as last time I did that journey, the taxi driver refused to take as he said it wasn't far enough trip for him. So he was told by the guy at the airport organizing taxi, to get the heck outta there, so he took me and moaned all the way, (however short the journey)

Posted
On 12/05/2019 at 19:34, Nick L said:

Naughty boy, looking into the perils of GFS FI. Will look though at the end of this week and into next week....Looks like an active tour 2 with a strong Pacific jet buckling over central US

Posted

Yep there’s some high-end potential showing up for next week if GFS is to be believed. Strong 300mb profile W/E across the central plains and plenty of moisture return. I might be arriving a few days late.

Posted
14 minutes ago, nsrobins said:

Yep there’s some high-end potential showing up for next week if GFS is to be believed. Strong 300mb profile W/E across the central plains and plenty of moisture return. I might be arriving a few days late.

Always frustrating to just miss the fun. Here's hoping it continues towards the end of the month

Posted

Hello! I am on this tour, very excited! I land on the 27th too and I am in the Baymont, which I can see close to the Days Inn, really looking forward to meeting you all! And mother natures magic of course!

• Like 1