Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Tour 3 2019

chionomaniac

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms

I think that it is time for a tour 3 thread.

I'm looking forward to it - can't wait to meet everyone, new and old faces alike.

Luckily, I have booked the right time off work this time, and will try not to lose my passport!

Not been to Denver either so looking forward to that too!

Anyone else on tour 3 out there looking forward to another amazing 10 days in the alley!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

My first year based out of Denver, can't wait!

Also, hello Tour 3 folks, I shall be one of your drivers!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

I will be one of the drivers too, 2 Nicks! First time flying into Denver, always been Dallas for the last 6 chases I've been on.

Hopefully we can hit the ground running with some Colorado magic, Colorado has done me well for tornadoes over the years.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
41 minutes ago, Nick F said:

I will be one of the drivers too, 2 Nicks! First time flying into Denver, always been Dallas for the last 6 chases I've been on.

Hopefully we can hit the ground running with some Colorado magic, Colorado has done me well for tornadoes over the years.

Excellent news. Will be good to see you again.

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, Lancastrian said:

Hi folks. I'm signed up for this trip - Have previously lived in the States for a year but this my first Storm Chasing Tour - can't wait - looking forward to meeting everyone ☺

Where in the states were you living?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and anything unusual

Damn it’s been a quick year, can’t wait to get back out there again. Haven’t seen a single lightning strike since last years tour 3 so you could say I’m currently suffering with withdrawal.

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Martin Auld said:

Damn it’s been a quick year, can’t wait to get back out there again. Haven’t seen a single lightning strike since last years tour 3 so you could say I’m currently suffering with withdrawal.

Good to see you back out Martin, fingers crossed it'll be more lively than last year!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and anything unusual
4 hours ago, Nick L said:

Good to see you back out Martin, fingers crossed it'll be more lively than last year!

Yeah Nick, hopefully see something a bit more exciting than a funnel cloud but as long as I see some great lightning and storm structure I’m pretty satisfied either way.

7226FBF1-5E17-4BC8-9BFA-3315EC23D701.thumb.png.ad2c0ae086bbcd8d3489ca5c127a5882.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cloud 9
2 hours ago, Camilla Beckerson said:

Booked my flights, just need to work out how to pay outstanding balance for tour. Anyone know how I pay?? Can't wait x

Sell your soul  

Posted

Hi Camilla

Dont quote me on this but I seem to remember March 1st as a date in my head, so maybe an email will be coming in a few weeks

Will send an email to Paul M to find out for you

Not long now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer - Storms Winter - Blizzards

Should be an interesteing tour with Nick Squared! Animal hunting tour~!

Posted
On ‎17‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 07:38, Camilla Beckerson said:

Thanks, just wasn't sure if I am meant to be doing something but will wait it out. 

Start charging your camera batteries as you will see some amazing sights. 

• Like 1

Posted
On ‎17‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 10:29, Crashlanding said:

Should be an interesteing tour with Nick Squared! Animal hunting tour~!

I heard Nick was planning on going down to the Isle of Wight   he heard about Cowes Week     a misunderstanding of course.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Posted

OK so has anyone heard anything yet about payment? I haven't received an email since I payed deposit last year and want to pay it off so I know it's sorted. Im worrying as he originally confirmed wrong year tour then after contact apologised and corrected. If I am only one that hasn't heard then still might be wrong but if all of us then OK. Sorry to go on just looking forward to it and want it all confirmed x

Posted
11 minutes ago, Camilla Beckerson said:

OK so has anyone heard anything yet about payment? I haven't received an email since I payed deposit last year and want to pay it off so I know it's sorted. Im worrying as he originally confirmed wrong year tour then after contact apologised and corrected. If I am only one that hasn't heard then still might be wrong but if all of us then OK. Sorry to go on just looking forward to it and want it all confirmed x

I've just checked my emails from last year's Tour 1. I received my payment request email 27th March.

Have fun out there. It'll be a blast.

Posted
21 minutes ago, Camilla Beckerson said:

All is fine, emails will be going out over the next 7 days, in tour order, so the tour 1 emails should be out within a couple of days and so on.  

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Hi there thinking about booking a place for 2020 tour - can anybody tell me statistically (for tornadoes) whether it is better to book an earlier tour (Dallas Fort Worth) or later tour (Denver)? - if you book an earlier tour from Dallas does this mean a tour of more eastern/southern States i.e. Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri, Alabama etc? ...basically historically what has had the more success.

Many thanks Tim (sorry probably wrong thread)

Edited by Froze were the Days

Posted

I’m sure the lines of Paul and Nick will give you numbers with respect their tours, but climatology (30 years or so mean) dictates the numbers peak at the end of May. The incidence and distribution of course varies year to year, but I’ve gone every year end May/early June since 2009 and always managed to catch at least one tornado (along with loads of hail, lightning, structure etc). 

I wouldn’t worry too much about location - the teams will get you to where you need to be even if it means crossing three states!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Not more I can add onto what Neil has written above. All Tours have their own merits and all tours have done better than others in the last 15 years.

If you want the Southern Plains and more chance of Violent Tornado Outbreaks then the early tours would be your cup of tea

If you want something in between maybe Southern Plains 1 day then High Plains of Colorado the next then the Middle Tours

If you want a much slower pace of life the latter tours take in the Northern Plains and stunning scenery, harder road options but some incredibly structured Storms.

Its all down to you Tim (Froze)

As Neil says if there are storms we will be there and you will have a blast

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1