Snow?

Yorkshire and E England regional thread 30 Jan 2019 onwards

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yesterday morning was rather special on the North York Moors. We were the first ones out running on the old iron stone railway line at Rosedale Abbey around 9am. Clear blue skies, -2c and around

Lovely up on the Wolds this lunchtime

Posted Images

Doesn't look like the Lightning will survive the journey. However it looks like we are going to get some impressive rain totals for what has been a dry month so far here.

Sunny Sheffield seem to be in hole of death with any showers dying away as they get close while others slip by to the east and west.

Perfect for us here as the storms that died on their travels from Stoke found a new lease of life as the ascended over our Hills finally sparking off over the moor behind and back building into 'Fax way (& onto Bradford?)

Very nice whilst it lasted!

We were at our caravan on the N Yorkshire coast and my wife said it poured down overnight. Unusually I slept through this but was conscious of what sounded like a boom of thunder or it might have been the wind. Sorry we had to come home to the NW during the day as it was pleasantly warm and sunny when we left. 

Well myself and a friend put a stronger higher pole in the garden for the Anemometer. Wind nicely obliged by dying down while we did this and setting the guy rope tension and getting it straight. The test will be the next storm which looks to be Tuesday although local met forecast is having none of it.