Yorkshire and E England regional thread 30 Jan 2019 onwards

You have to laugh, I'm in the gap! ?

Just my luck. Only heard distant thunder so far, not seen a single flash of lightning.

Doesn't sound that active

Screenshot_20200626-160706__01.jpg

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Northern end of that band will not push much further Eastwards now but the Southern end will continue to swing up from the SW in a North Easterly direction meaning that the band will eventually be

Well today was a great day really after the snow disappointment. It's been very cold, only maxed out at -1.7 on my station so a good ice day. The trees looked brilliant with thick frost on them.

Posted Images

Yeah the anvil is about overhead now yet the storm is about 25 miles away. Just hope the lightning can pick up when it gets here, like those storms over in france.

Edited by Harsh Climate

Sun back out. Well the duck waddled to the pond turned round fall over with it's legs in the air.

That storm that has just passed through South Sheffield was packing a punch the hail that hit my mums car was were the biggest I have ever seen in the UK easily 50p size some of them how my mums car escaped any damage I will never know was worried the windscreen might end up cracking at one point.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Harsh Climate said:

Yeah the anvil is about overhead now yet the storm is about 25 miles away. Just hope the lightning can pick up when it gets here, like those storms over in france.

With the new developments on its West edge, I don't see how it can miss us now, especially you in Cas. They seem to be moving due north which is perfect for our location like I mentioned earlier. I was expecting them to move east slightly

Storm passing west of here, slight rain and tempo moderate bursts last 10 mins, one flash/bang about 1615 local time, a few flashes and distant rumbles S-SW before this.

6 minutes ago, bazookabob said:

With the new developments on its West edge, I don't see how it can miss us now, especially you in Cas. They seem to be moving due north which is perfect for our location like I mentioned earlier. I was expecting them to move east slightly

Yeah were definately in for a direct hit now just wish the lightning activity would pick up. Watch it devlop into a supercell once passed here with lightning strikes of 200+min.. Was always the case when I lived in otley as storms moved through the dales. 

Edited by Harsh Climate

rain now heavy distand rumbles but no lightning but would have been had it been dark, a tell a lie another distant flash

The radar had lightning strikes over us there wasn't any the action to the east of us. Now 25.2C again.

Skies are looking angry to my south east. Can't see it out of the back window.

photo_2020-06-26_16-32-10.jpg

Disappointing here so far. Did get some heavy rain just now, but can't really say I've had a thunder storm yet. Looks great on radars and trackers but nothing much here so far

Nearest we've had to a storm in barnsley, just on the periphery. Torrential rain with good rumbles of thunder just to the east. Didn't catch any lightening. 

It looks like the storm has built a little more on it's western side.

Great as it passed it developed to the west so if had formed 50 miles further south may have had a storm today.