Yorkshire and E England regional thread 30 Jan 2019 onwards

Reached 30c here just now, didn't expect that today!

Showers sparking off just to the south so fingers crossed for us all! 

Edit: can hear thunder now

IMG_20200626_153418.jpg

Edited by Winter Cold
Pic
  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Northern end of that band will not push much further Eastwards now but the Southern end will continue to swing up from the SW in a North Easterly direction meaning that the band will eventually be

Well today was a great day really after the snow disappointment. It's been very cold, only maxed out at -1.7 on my station so a good ice day. The trees looked brilliant with thick frost on them.

Posted Images

There's some interesting cells popped up and new potential cells showing on the radar. Looks like something could hit between Leeds and Bradford in the next 2h.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, The PIT said:

Just 28.3C here Thundering to the south.

Looks like you're in the firing line for the area developing to the west of the current cell that's heading north, Pit. Not so much of a bust now? ?

• Like 1
Just now, bazookabob said:

20200626_153952.thumb.jpg.98fedecd0064bf9e797679141eac93e0.jpg

Nottingham cell with new development on its West side I reckon. (viewed from East Leeds) 

Yep, looking on the radar appears to be developing on the western side

1 minute ago, Cold Winter said:

Looks like you're in the firing line for the area developing to the west of the current cell that's heading north, Pit. Not so much of a bust now? ?

Going just to the east of us at the moment. Thunder constant as well.

I'm keeping my eyes on how the western side of it develops. Though I think i'm too west of it, unless it grows into a monster....

2 minutes ago, Stelmer said:

I'm keeping my eyes on how the western side of it develops. Though I think i'm too west of it, unless it grows into a monster....

Wouldn't be surprised if it sparks off more activity to the west of it as it moves northwards, you may get lucky

1 minute ago, Cold Winter said:

Wouldn't be surprised if it sparks off more activity to the west of it as it moves northwards, you may get lucky

I could see it doing that as it moves north.

Just passing to the east now. May catch the edge of some rain. Nice increase in wind

Been another scorcher here this afternoon but the anvil on that Nottingham cell is just about to obscure the sun here. Looks a complete beast that thing! 

East Sheffield and Rotherham going to enjoy that one. Moving away now.

Had to edit it to beat the haze but that's a nice anvil looking south and further development on its West side now visible. Am getting increasingly hopeful we may get lucky here but we will see. 20200626_155236-01.thumb.jpeg.29a05fd4b7160a60df865210fac48ff9.jpeg

Showers are developing even on the west side of the Pennines so I’m hopeful for all although I think Wakefield and York May hit the jackpot today.

1 minute ago, richjb78 said:

Think Barnsley will just miss out on this storm - hopefully more to come.

Gonna slip to east of Barnsley by the looks. The thunderstorm drought continues ?

23 minutes ago, bazookabob said:

20200626_153952.thumb.jpg.98fedecd0064bf9e797679141eac93e0.jpg

Nottingham cell with new development on its West side I reckon. (viewed from East Leeds) 

I think it should just clip us, maybe a more direct hit if it keeps building to the west