Yorkshire and E England regional thread 30 Jan 2019 onwards

not my favourite weather in east Yorkshire at moment,humid,but with not a lot of sun,low grey cloud that takes a long time to burn off.no chance of any lively thunderstorms for east Yorkshire in this type of set up.hope it changes later in week.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Northern end of that band will not push much further Eastwards now but the Southern end will continue to swing up from the SW in a North Easterly direction meaning that the band will eventually be

Crookes, Sheffield  this morning 

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, MIKE LEVITT said:

not my favourite weather in east Yorkshire at moment,humid,but with not a lot of sun,low grey cloud that takes a long time to burn off.no chance of any lively thunderstorms for east Yorkshire in this type of set up.hope it changes later in week.

6z GFS shows the storm risk transfer eastwards towards our neck of the woods for Friday. Been a frustrating few days as western areas get some good storms.

When I lived in York I used to often find myself chasing down the A1079 towards Beverley and Hull, that often I used to call the road Tornado Alley.

Lets hope the 6z GFS is right for Friday.

spacer.pngspacer.png

Well nothing went off here apart from stunning cloudscapes to my SW

Sadly the hill to my SW obscured the Todmorden Funnel cloud (Google for the M/cr Evening news story and vid)

Well a great little storm just passed over here. Very close, loud thunder straight after the flashes ⛈️

Dropped just over 12mm in about 15 mins

1 hour ago, Winter Cold said:

Well a great little storm just passed over here. Very close, loud thunder straight after the flashes ⛈️

Dropped just over 12mm in about 15 mins

This happened too in Sheffield!

Screenshot_20200616-211451_Facebook.thumb.jpg.5865b22c35c264b95bb5806145da4a14.jpg

It missed Doncaster and went over your area ?

I'm not getting excited up here in Leeds. I seem to be too far north and east for any action.

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, Stelmer said:

I'm not getting excited up here in Leeds. I seem to be too far north and east for any action.

Never say never eh?

Just a few rumbles and a couple of twilight enhanced flashes to my SW for me last night but today's another day!

I hope that our grey clag leaves us open for 'late developers' once everyone else has had theirs?

A nice virgin stretch of atmosphere to expand any storms into? (I can dream!)

Looks fairly naff to me apart from some sun in the afternoon so i can do a bit planting and weeding. As long as the showers keep away.

naff sunday.jpg

• Like 1

LOL it's now changed to storms. I bet yours has gone the other way.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, The PIT said:

LOL it's now changed to storms. I bet yours has gone the other way.

And guess what no storms now ???

Edited by Craigers
1 hour ago, The PIT said:

And now down to none which is probably correct.

Guess what! They are back again!!! ?

Screenshot_20200621-115738_Chrome.thumb.jpg.05b1cd916e234a68d8c6a72ea97155b0.jpg

Dad duck here although we seem to have brewed a shower to the east of us.

Some distant rumbles at the moment radar is showing activity to the north and south of us, but looks like wne will miss it