Yorkshire and E England regional thread 30 Jan 2019 onwards

according to the radar the band of precipitation extends much further South than the earlier MetO forecast had suggested. I'd say parts of Yorkshire above 200 m will get snow out of this ( North York Moors for example .....where is Vizzy ? )

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Northern end of that band will not push much further Eastwards now but the Southern end will continue to swing up from the SW in a North Easterly direction meaning that the band will eventually be

Crookes, Sheffield  this morning 

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, Jeremy Shockey said:

according to the radar the band of precipitation extends much further South than the earlier MetO forecast had suggested. I'd say parts of Yorkshire above 200 m will get snow out of this ( North York Moors for example .....where is Vizzy ? )

Will it keep its intensity as it crosses the Pennines though? We shall see ?

• Like 1

It's hard to say if there'll be snow.

The meto thinks it'll be sleet at this elevation which sounds about right. 

The winds aren't coming directly of the sea for now but when they veer more westerly it'll rise temps plus we'll have slightly warmer 850's coming in.

Regardless even at this elevation it'll be marginal.

Edited by Cheese Rice

Yup we are going through the weak spot in the precipitation. That's because |I decided to stay rather than go out for a drink.

20 minutes ago, The PIT said:

Yup we are going through the weak spot in the precipitation. That's because |I decided to stay rather than go out for a drink.

Go to the pub, it’s not too late. Sleet here.

Out in the car at the moment.

Switching between rain, sleet and snow almost second to second!

It can't make it's mind up ?

That band is growing though, more precipitation adding to the back, so it's significantly wider than it was on approach to the land.

Yeah just a wet horrible night here in the end. Shame as I thought it looked and felt favourable earlier.

Oh well, spring tomorrow so let's hope for some useable weather soon and put this wretched winter behind us forever. I hope next winter sees better cold prospects

• Like 1