Jump to content

Yorkshire and E England regional thread 30 Jan 2019 onwards


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Northern end of that band will not push much further Eastwards now but the Southern end will continue to swing up from the SW in a North Easterly direction meaning that the band will eventually be

Crookes, Sheffield  this morning 

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, summer blizzard said:

If it snowed before 10 I did not see it sadly. At the moment it’s like two thirds rain, one third sleet. I’ve texted my parents since they have height.

Wet snow at 190m  for past hour, not settling, guess it will be above 250m as per the Met Office warning .

Edited by Tim A
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Tim A said:

Wet snow at 190m  for past hour, not settling, guess it will be above 250m as per the Met Office warning .

Yes, mother confirmed that it’s snowing but not settling at about 170m.

Living near the city Center at 60m (my Street is small so the postcode finder is likely accurate) you really notice the difference. My parents are 2 settling events up on me and this falling event.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, summer blizzard said:

Yes, mother confirmed that it’s snowing but not settling at about 170m.

Living near the city Center at 60m (my Street is small so the postcode finder is likely accurate) you really notice the difference. My parents are 2 settling events up on me and this falling event.

Completely rain in town not even a hint of snow.

Snowing at LBA.

The meto computer generated forecasts seem to think it'll briefly turn to rain before turning to sleet on the back edge.

Edited by Cheese Rice
Link to post
Share on other sites

Had a heavier spell of snow which then turned to ice pellets and the two together left a bit of slush on all surfaces. Now rain with a few ice pellets left.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Cold rain 3 degrees vile after two lovely sunny days,  last few days of winter ending on an torrid note quite fitting. Couldnt be more different from this time two years ago. Roll on spring and some dry weather hopefully 

Link to post
Share on other sites

A day of light winds bonus Snow in the morning turning to briefly heavy rain which dies away by end of the afternoon.  Snow only briefly started settling and soon went.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Quite a pleasant day now with sunny spells and light winds now. My breathable waterproofs are on the washing line drying out. One of these days someone will invent a proper breathable waterproof.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The PIT said:

Quite a pleasant day now with sunny spells and light winds now. My breathable waterproofs are on the washing line drying out. One of these days someone will invent a proper breathable waterproof.

I hate that when running or cycling in the rain. Even walking does it sometimes. Wetter on the inside than the out...

Has Jorge arrived there yet or not?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Large band of precipitation on it's way in.

we had a light snow shower around lunch time.

 

are we in for something a bit more then?

 

fingers crossed!

Link to post
Share on other sites

A snow flurry just after lunch here as well. A few big clouds with everything being nearly evaporated by the time it reaches ground. Otherwise a pleasant but chilly afternoon with sunny spells. Not bad for a stormy day.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Spikecollie said:

I hate that when running or cycling in the rain. Even walking does it sometimes. Wetter on the inside than the out...

Has Jorge arrived there yet or not?

Jorge is on vacation. ?

\\\high level cloud ahead of the rain/sleet band hopefully Snow.

 

Edited by The PIT
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...