damianslaw

Yorkshire and E England regional thread 30 Jan 2019 onwards

Finally got full on snow 1st time this winter!

Edited by Cal
  • Like 1

Had snow in Bridlington, only settled on cars i missed most of it cause I decided to sleep ??❄️❄️⛄?️

Slight covering, looking at the radar will be over in next 20mins or so.

20200227_065227.jpg

1 hour ago, bazookabob said:

It snowed here for about 5 mins as a heavy burst (yellow on radar) skirted us. There's not much more yellow heading my way unless it develops en route ? Glad to hear you got some though, Reef! 

Pretty similar here, turned to snow in the heavier burst but didn't last long.

At least I've seen a snowflake this winter. It shows how dire it has been if that is a highlight!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Aiden2012 said:

Had snow in Bridlington, only settled on cars i missed most of it cause I decided to sleep ??❄️❄️⛄?️

There was snow in Bempton when I got up with cars and grass covered but not settling on roads, but as soon as you went down the hill past Reighton it turned to rain. I think the temps were very borderline, I suspect over the Wolds towards York there has been more as the extra 50-100m will make all the difference.

19 minutes ago, mike57 said:

There was snow in Bempton when I got up with cars and grass covered but not settling on roads, but as soon as you went down the hill past Reighton it turned to rain. I think the temps were very borderline, I suspect over the Wolds towards York there has been more as the extra 50-100m will make all the difference.

Yes was very borderline, I went for a little walk and it was snowing at the seafront. Still happy to see a little bit off snow ?❄️?️

Jack shat in Bingley.

Roll on summer.

A fitting terrible end to an even worse winter. Never want to see anything like this ever again!!

No snow here but I wasn't expecting any such is the nature in these situations. It was snowing earlier but we missed the heavier precipitation.

A covering down to lower levels in the Pennines all the way into the outskirts of Manchester. 

A band of rain and snow pushing through on Friday. 

It's marginal but should deliver to higher ground.

Would be the last chance of seeing seeing lying snow this winter. 

nmm_uk1-42-36-0.png

Just landed in Iceland to a snowstorm and - 4 if the snow wouldn't come to me I had to go find it ?

IMG_20200227_104742.jpg

IMG_20200227_110156.jpg

• Like 2

It’s a lovely day - crisp late winter sunshine. The sun is really starting to get some warmth to it again.

Not bothered about snow at all, just want spring now.

Edited by cheese

Snow signal largely dropped for tomorrow, a mixture of rain sleet and snow for high ground. 

1 hour ago, CasMan said:

Just landed in Iceland to a snowstorm and - 4 if the snow wouldn't come to me I had to go find it ?

IMG_20200227_104742.jpg

IMG_20200227_110156.jpg

Enjoy!

You've got lucky, I've been to Iceland a couple of times and it's just been wet or cold both times. Not much snow. It seems to suffer the same fate as the UK most of the time next to the Atlantic. Reykjavik does anyway!

Enjoy the trips, it's a lovely place ?

• Like 1

why has this weekends storm Jorge, been named by the Spanish? Thought we were on E after Dennis??

3 minutes ago, fazzafarrand said:

why has this weekends storm Jorge, been named by the Spanish? Thought we were on E after Dennis??

Perhaps the Spanish felt left out and had to join in.

Anyways with the cold uppers retreating before the rain arrives tomorrow snow is very unlikely tomorrow unless you're very high up. A small chance Saturday evening but again you'll have to very high up. So for us the winter ends with no lying Snow yet despite being a very mild month with only one cold day we still managed 5 days with snow falling and five with sleet. Normally you'd expect zero.

25 minutes ago, fazzafarrand said:

Maybe it affected Spain first?

16 minutes ago, cheese said:

Maybe it affected Spain first?

Only a secondary low goes near Spain. Perhaps they named that and this caused confusion and the parent low was also got named.

Yeah I see an hour of heavy snow is forecast here but it’ll change to rain eventually.