Yorkshire and E England regional thread 30 Jan 2019 onwards

6 hours ago, bazookabob said:

BANK! I'm surprised there are no warnings out for Monday morning, the fact there isn't any is dampening my enthusiasm somewhat! 

They’ve now changed their rain warning to ‘snow and rain’.

Edited by cheese
  • Like 2
  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Northern end of that band will not push much further Eastwards now but the Southern end will continue to swing up from the SW in a North Easterly direction meaning that the band will eventually be

Crookes, Sheffield  this morning 

Posted Images

Sunny old Sheffield just too far south too see much in the way of way of Snow if any at all. Peak district should see some though for a while. Looks good as soon as you starting moving further north though. The rain looks heavy enough to cool the air so I think there will be some happy people in Yorkshire tomorrow. A slight adjustment of the system northward or southward will make quiet a bit of difference. Sunny Sheffield may be in line for a some more white stuff Thursday.

Edited by The PIT
  • Like 1

I think Sheffield will still see a decent enough covering. 

Sweet spot generally areas North West of Leeds and West of Harrogate on high ground. Here looks prime position, could be a little further north but I'm happy with our prospects.

• Like 1

Hope some of us see some snow tomoz. Probably all melted in Rotherham by time most of us are getting up but we can hope!

Shame temps are up to 11c tomoz so nothing will last long anywhere unfortunately. The fast melt and rain won't help the flooding situations one bit, think that's of most concern

17 minutes ago, Onding said:

Heavy sleet here in Ecclesfield, Sheffield. Trying it's hardest to snow but we're not high enough here. I'm wondering what it's like further up in nearby Grenoside.

Heavy wet Snow up here at Grenoside,not sticking at all. Woodhead and Snake both bad though.

Edited by markyo
  • Like 1

To sum up this winter entirely, the window of opportunity for snow is coinciding with a big patch of light precipitation on the radar! We have a dusting, don't expect much more than that before it turns to rain in the next hour or so.