Sign in to follow this  
damianslaw

Yorkshire and E England regional thread 30 Jan 2019 onwards

6 hours ago, bazookabob said:

BANK! I'm surprised there are no warnings out for Monday morning, the fact there isn't any is dampening my enthusiasm somewhat! 

They’ve now changed their rain warning to ‘snow and rain’.

Edited by cheese
  • Like 2

Yep, above 200m could get a decent covering ? Shocking timing with morning commutes, with kids back after half term as well.

I'm expecting disruption around my work as well in Grenoside.

The models have pushed the snow risk a touch further north. Favoured areas high ground in West and North West Yorkshire. 

I'm going for 7cm here. 

Screenshot_20200223-134938~2.png

Similar forecast here in N Sheffield, with 3 hours showing on the app forecasts. I think a slushy covering here, but more like 2-5cm at work which is in line with the warning.

Screenshot_20200223-151812_Chrome.thumb.jpg.10c8abe3f0d2508ef1d4ed0c499d6376.jpg

Euro4 6z has moved the snow line further south 

Screenshot_20200223-152743_Chrome.thumb.jpg.b1d5f4d27459383015c2ee03f954e0c8.jpgScreenshot_20200223-152203_Chrome.thumb.jpg.9c156b39b3823338ee36841a64a72677.jpg

ICON 12z has it lasting till 10am for South Yorkshire

Edited by Craigers
  • Like 2

Local fields still very wet small becks still full and running fast and that blasted wind non stop again not gusts just constant blowing feels colder today 

Sunny old Sheffield just too far south too see much in the way of way of Snow if any at all. Peak district should see some though for a while. Looks good as soon as you starting moving further north though. The rain looks heavy enough to cool the air so I think there will be some happy people in Yorkshire tomorrow. A slight adjustment of the system northward or southward will make quiet a bit of difference. Sunny Sheffield may be in line for a some more white stuff Thursday.

Edited by The PIT
  • Like 1

I think Sheffield will still see a decent enough covering. 

Sweet spot generally areas North West of Leeds and West of Harrogate on high ground. Here looks prime position, could be a little further north but I'm happy with our prospects.

• Like 1

Hope some of us see some snow tomoz. Probably all melted in Rotherham by time most of us are getting up but we can hope!

Shame temps are up to 11c tomoz so nothing will last long anywhere unfortunately. The fast melt and rain won't help the flooding situations one bit, think that's of most concern

Light rain/sleet here weather going as expected.

Nice size flakes here not the best pic I’m afraid!

7BF800C1-558A-49C2-85BD-251DCDB26ECA.jpeg

Edited by Love Snow
  • Like 1

Just turned to snow here too (Garforth, just east of Leeds - 90m asl). Small flakes at the minute, bit of a dusting on cars already. Hope it carries on into daylight! 

• Like 1

Sadly heading east in next half hour to work so will be missing the day light covering! Temperatures at 0.5c here. 

Heavy sleet here in Ecclesfield, Sheffield. Trying it's hardest to snow but we're not high enough here. I'm wondering what it's like further up in nearby Grenoside.

Currently on 119.6mm of rain fall this month be interesting to see the totals come end of the week. 

17 minutes ago, Onding said:

Heavy sleet here in Ecclesfield, Sheffield. Trying it's hardest to snow but we're not high enough here. I'm wondering what it's like further up in nearby Grenoside.

Heavy wet Snow up here at Grenoside,not sticking at all. Woodhead and Snake both bad though.

Edited by markyo
  • Like 1

To sum up this winter entirely, the window of opportunity for snow is coinciding with a big patch of light precipitation on the radar! We have a dusting, don't expect much more than that before it turns to rain in the next hour or so. 

Snowing in Seamer near Scarborough,  very wet and not settling at all.

Edited by mike57
predictive text

First snow in York for 2 Years ! Wasn’t expecting to see it stick but even near the city centre it’s settled on the roads and cars. 

Looks like the snow line is Leeds north for this event. Hammering it down here.