damianslaw

Yorkshire and E England regional thread 30 Jan 2019 onwards

1 minute ago, Winter Cold said:

Over 70mm recorded now today at home!!

What would your record be?

Sheffield still getting heavy rain and the radar looks ominous!!!

20 minutes ago, Rammie said:

What would your record be?

Hi. I'll need to look through my records when I'm back home, but can't be far off now!

38.0mm in Leeds for me and it’s started to come down again.  Crazy looking at what people have posted makes it look nothing here. 

Edited by Love Snow

Just now, Love Snow said:

38.0mm in Leeds for me and it’s started to come down again. 

Think we're over 70mm atm

Only 61.4mm here. Positively dry.

On NW radar there is red echoes showing in the ppn coming in from the E/NE now,not good.

Can't see any reds on the radar. Use the nw original a much better scale.

no reds shown.jpg

Less than a metre to go to break the record in Rotherham in 2007 with 7 hours moderate to heavy rainfall to come. It's going to be newsworthy I don't think there's any doubt. Keeping a close eye on sever flood warnings now

9 minutes ago, Allseasons-si said:

I was using this one PIT.

I know problem the scale is naff but good if you like to get excited. 🙂

Even so the old scale is showing 12 mm an hour and we're going at 3.2mm an hour.

Looking like the river sheaf has basically leveled off which shows what a high rate of rain you need to keep it rising.

Edited by The PIT

7 minutes ago, inghams85 said:

Less than a metre to go to break the record in Rotherham in 2007 with 7 hours moderate to heavy rainfall to come. It's going to be newsworthy I don't think there's any doubt. Keeping a close eye on sever flood warnings now

Agreed, with several rivers approaching their "record" levels in 2007 it surely can't be long before we see some severe flood warnings being issued. 

Still a large mass of heavy rain over the region, rivers in Chesterfield still some way off the 07 record but Sheffield getting close!

Just checking our rainfall and I guesstimating we are at 384.7mm for the autumn so far 436.9 was our record. If the Davis goes past 70mm I'm going down to the gauge to measure it otherwise it's going to over flow.

Poor people stuck in Meadowhall this evening when it was actually quite predictable from around lunchtime that it was going this way. Only one thing the Meadowhall bosses have in mind

2 minutes ago, Cold Winter said:

Poor people stuck in Meadowhall this evening when it was actually quite predictable from around lunchtime that it was going this way. Only one thing the Meadowhall bosses have in mind

You don't mean kerrching do you ?

Just imagine if this was all snow,it would rival 2010 with the streamer continuously  feeding from the warm moist north sea,similar setup.

4 minutes ago, Allseasons-si said:

Just imagine if this was all snow,it would rival 2010 with the streamer continuously  feeding from the warm moist north sea,similar setup.

Would have to dig myself out if that was the case.

7 minutes ago, Allseasons-si said:

I was thinking that earlier whilst sat in the gridlock! Was Dec 2010 a similar setup to this then? I didn't have any radar or anything back then as I was too busy enjoying the week off school!

Very heavy rain in Dronfield/Woodseats area of Sheffield right now - River Sheaf will probably start moving upward again if it continues

5 minutes ago, ChezWeather said:

I was thinking that earlier whilst sat in the gridlock! Was Dec 2010 a similar setup to this then? I didn't have any radar or anything back then as I was too busy enjoying the week off school!

I was having an enforced stay of work as I was a carer and my mother was due to be go into full time care and we couldn't get her in as we were snow bound. In the middle of the night she decided she wanted to go home in her nightie where ever that was in her mind. Needless say she didn't take kindly to being stopped and got rather physical. Not a pleasant memory.

Just now, adrianh said:

Very heavy rain in Dronfield/Woodseats area of Sheffield right now - River Sheaf will probably start moving upward again if it continues

hope  you all stay  dry  bbc  saying  you couldget another 6 hours of heavy rain