damianslaw

Yorkshire and E England regional thread 30 Jan 2019 onwards

My Davis peaked at 34.6 yesterday..  I read a tweet from Western Park saying they'd recorded 35.1

A decent storm over Bempton as I write this, mainly cc lightning, heavy rain, been going for nearly 30 mins

still hot and humid in hull,had the odd light shower,bit of thunder,but nothing of note.

Finally cooling down roll on winter.

weathermen way out,still waiting for the heavy storms forecast last night today and tonight.still dry.they haven't a clue

Can you tell us your location Matt

Last nights heavy rain seems to have got lost models struggling with the present weather pretty badly.

Torrential rain in York this morning, a lot of surface flooding on the roads. Eased off now though

Hardly any here just had a shower which has added 0.6mm to the total from midnight. The rain like the storms much further east than forecast,

But seems to have come back west again as it has been throwing it down for most of the afternoon!

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, MIKE LEVITT said:

weathermen way out,still waiting for the heavy storms forecast last night today and tonight.still dry.they haven't a clue

Sorry Mike unless you tell us your nearest town it means nothing to anyone-please?

Sorry just see an earlier post=Hull, can you drop that in your avatar please?

many thanks

Edited by johnholmes

On 25/07/2019 at 14:56, NTC said:

I think Doncaster Sheffield has the official weather station for South Yorkshire so will Sheffield temp count?

The airport is not an official site, the official site ceased when RAF Finningley closed in 1995, continuous records from 1942 in that spell.

Posted (edited)

Very heavy persistent rain here most of the afternoon on and off between bursts lots of surface water on the roads.

Edited by Love Snow

12 hours ago, MIKE LEVITT said:

hull

Hi Mike can you put it in your Avatar please as people like me have a memory span of a moth.

Well now a wet month when rain finally arrived later than forecast but then did a massive dump. However compared to other heavy rainfall events is fairly insignificant.  September 20th 2018 when we had more than a months rainfall mostly in a few hours during the afternoon.

Well a soggy 24hrs here and we missed this afternoons heavy rain. 25mm in the last 24 hours. The big difference is the temperature 16.7C the max and few days ago it was 35.1C an 18.4C difference. 

Some torrential rain here in Leeds for the past hour very tropical feel about it! 

Posted (edited)

Not surprised but flooding reports coming out of West Yorkshire has torrential rain here for about 4 hours solid eased off now Tho.

Edited by Love Snow

Yup! it was a close thing here in the Calder Valley!

I guess that was the Hebden siren ( that I heard whilst on our bridge in Mytholmroyd!).......very chilling esp. as it dies away........

despite all the forecasts for hull and east Yorkshire of heavy rain and storms for Thursday to sunday,i may be wrong but we seemed to miss most of the heavy stuff,most of the time it seemed either dry out ,or just light rain.we may of course have had heavy rain during the night.

another warm and sunny day in hull,i think we must be one of the warmest places in the uk today.no hint of rain,mostly blue skies.

Impressive radar had some rain thunder and lighting hopefully more to come!

dont know where these torrential thunderstorms the met o keep forecasting get to.not had one in hull.just the usual light rain and drizzle.certainly no danger of any floods around here.

6 minutes ago, MIKE LEVITT said:

dont know where these torrential thunderstorms the met o keep forecasting get to.not had one in hull.just the usual light rain and drizzle.certainly no danger of any floods around here.

They're warnings not guarantees. You've done well to dodge the worst of the showers/storms.

I've had an inch of rain now, counting overnight and this morning.
Needed round here as its been very dry for weeks.

B.