IGNORED

Yorkshire and E England regional thread 30 Jan 2019 onwards

damianslaw

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter
57 minutes ago, LeeSnowFan said:

Looking good for some of our area

image.png.932c75a7c7c915b983b84a808dcb2145.png

We always seem to be on the edge of this event or it looks like it. I mean for west and south yorks, but going by that i dont tend to take these literally. I think west n south yorks will still be in on the fun and a few surprises, even if all these accumaltion charts have usually been centred around midlands and wales and western england particularly

• Like 2

Posted

Can anyone confirm if these wintry/snow showers are moving north east to are region in next couple hours or maybe not quite make it that far north east?

20201227_160013.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold ,snow
Just now, Snowjokes92 said:

Can anyone confirm if these wintry/snow showers are moving north east to are region in next couple hours or maybe not quite make it that far north east?

20201227_160013.jpg

Stop it already

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, swfc said:

Stop it already

I can't help it lol. Looking at how they are moving though by time they are inland you would have thought they would reach west and south yorkshire.

Posted

Can we tell how mondays main system is fairing as it comes onto the radar in scotland and northern ireland? Seeing as its a bit of nowcast situation we need it east for best impact, but wouldnt have thought we need a big push east. Even a good 50 miles or so east than euro 4 wouldnt be a bad thing for us in west and south. 

Posted
2 minutes ago, LeeSnowFan said:

Look at that straight into yorkshire bring it!!

F742B584-8CB3-4CAC-9275-230632E13B46.png.a48ae40477ee51665ee9a0a2332536c1.png

Tomorrow night on the arome with the full wrap around.

Im confident on this scenario watch the runs tonight.

10pm tomorrow night onwards.

The poster who was taking the pee out of me this morning for trying to explain why it will be a top 10 winter.

I hope these runs have opened her eyes to the logic and thinking behind it now!

Posted
3 minutes ago, LeeSnowFan said:

Look at that straight into yorkshire bring it!!

F742B584-8CB3-4CAC-9275-230632E13B46.png.a48ae40477ee51665ee9a0a2332536c1.png

Do you think it will get to the east coast? We missed out last time and it was painful watching you lot getting hammered. I am not holding out any hope to be honest. Good luck to those who see some snow. we all need a little cheering up right now. 

Posted

This.

This i believe is the real deal and will drop 2-5cms tomorrow night 

Not nailed by any stretch but im more confident than what the first line of convection.

Landing at night as well

Screenshot_20201227-170018_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, Scott Ingham said:

This.

This i believe is the real deal and will drop 2-5cms tomorrow night 

Not nailed by any stretch but im more confident than what the first line of convection.

Landing at night as well

Screenshot_20201227-170018_Samsung Internet.jpg

Maybe for those inland with some elevation, but anyone closer to sea level or near the coast and its just going to be rain or sleet. 

Personally, as synoptically good as the next 10 days look, its just a waste of time for areas like us as the air isn't cold enough. 850hPa temps of -3C with a wind direction that has an onshore component wont do anything. We've just had a weak northerly with -7C 850hPa temps on Christmas Eve and that was rain/sleet all day and didn't turn to anything white until the following morning. People talk about low thicknesses and thats fine in calm conditions where evaporative cooling can take place but in the setup shown it won't help much.

We're already at the end of another December which is likely to have no lying snow at 0900. The other two winter months are going to have to be a big step up to make this a top 10 winter already.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
16 minutes ago, Scott Ingham said:

The poster who was taking the pee out of me this morning for trying to explain why it will be a top 10 winter.

I'll be asleep lol hmm hope it will settle and I can take dog out at 7am in crisp snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Just got back from a job just north of Keighley, roads were not good a lot of heavy snow. Started where i was bout 12ish, not really stopped. Good to get home!

Posted
4 minutes ago, reef said:

Maybe for those inland with some elevation, but anyone closer to sea level or near the coast and its just going to be rain or sleet. 

Personally, as synoptically good as the next 10 days look, its just a waste of time for areas like us as the air isn't cold enough. 850hPa temps of -3C with a wind direction that has an onshore component wont do anything. We've just had a weak northerly with -7C 850hPa temps on Christmas Eve and that was rain/sleet all day and didn't turn to anything white until the following morning. People talk about low thicknesses and thats fine in calm conditions where evaporative cooling can take place but in the setup shown it won't help much.

We're already at the end of another December which is likely to have no lying snow at 0900. The other two winter months are going to have to be a big step up to make this a top 10 winter already.

Upto 25 miles inland you need to be above 100metres. For areas like Leeds and Sheffield will be all snow but with a low rate of settle. Id imagine 2-5cm inland though

Posted

That area just north of Leeds is getting absolutely clobbered. I'd say somewhere around Skipton/Ilkley is getting a good covering

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Crisp Cold Days
26 minutes ago, Scott Ingham said:

I’ve been with you all the way pal, I don’t post a lot and I don’t have the knowledge as you and some of the others but I posted here in the first week of December my thoughts that this winter has the potential of something special, I always enjoy reading your posts so keep up the good work buddy.. On another note my location currently has a CM of lying snow and still falling great to see over the Christmas Period which is rare so for more to come. 

Edited by Yorkshirepudding
Typo
  • Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, Scott Ingham said:

Upto 25 miles inland you need to be above 100metres. For areas like Leeds and Sheffield will be all snow but with a low rate of settle. Id imagine 2-5cm inland though

Barnsley is 100m and we normally do good so fingers crossed! you on for the night lol I'm up at 3am every day

• Like 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, Yorkshirepudding said:

I’ve been with you all the way pal, I don’t post a lot and I don’t have the knowledge as you and some of the others but I posted here in the first week of December my thoughts that this winter has the potential of something special, I always enjoy reading your posts so keep up the good work buddy.. On another note my location currently has a CM of lying snow and still falling great to see over the Christmas Period which is rare so for more to come. 

Thank you buddy its the first year being brave enough to test my thinking publicly post.

I got last year correct but i didnt want to be but the potential here is astronomical if it goes as planned (although we kmow with the weather it tends not to!) But so far so good were reading the script

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, LeeSnowFan said:

Barnsley is 100m and we normally do good so fingers crossed! you on for the night lol I'm up at 3am every day

If you get hit by them heavy showers youll be all snow with your elevation.

Its not the uppers creating the forcing for convection its the very low heights forecast over the north sea.