Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and E England regional thread 30 Jan 2019 onwards

damianslaw

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

A few flakes in the wind here

download.thumb.png.8e979cf1ceef222c6b3360a0d2d8be2a.png

i  have seen more of these flying about than snow ha ha.

• Like 2

Posted

Constant grauple mixed with rain here. Temperature 2.c DP 0.c.

The weather is pretty much what I expected, 850's of -5 won't cut it in a NWly.

It's from around 8am you should expect snowfall when colder upper of -7/-8 move in.

But don't expect lying snow for lowland areas with temporary accumulations higher up.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winters and hot, sunny summers!

Got about 1-2cm here...pretty pathetic, but after the complete deprivation of snow this winter I'll take it! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Unseasonable extremes. Soft rain, no wind.

Thin covering of snow here in Bradfield but it's blasting a blizzard from the  West at the moment -8.15am. Dramatic ❄

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Something good in all four seasons

I haven't got an anemometer, but it seemed almost as bad for gales here overnight and this morning as most of storm Ciara ?
(Tis bin day too)  Real chill to those winds.

B.

Posted
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but Rain!
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl

Snowing here now for a few hours and settling everywhere now as has beaten the wet ground back due to its relentlessness. Grass still sticking out of it though on the fields so hasn't any significant depth yet, but looking at the radar possibly its going to be showers all day.

Edited by cowdog

Posted
13 hours ago, fazzafarrand said:

Oh well driving to Burnley am tomorrow so may see some of the white stuff over the tops!!

Very windy and pretty wet over the tops, pretty much no lying snow anywhere on route, a bit on the tops between Huddersfield and Halifax, a couple of very heavy hail / sleet temps around Oc

Posted

Ice pellets alternating with powder snow. Still blustery from the west. Now we have thunder and lightning ❄ there are drifts but overall about 2 or 3cm

IMG_20200211_132325_934.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

Some snow showers in Sheffield and just had a huge hail storm, but nothing really settling.

Any bigger showers tonight forecast? The convection off the Irish sea has been rubbish. Colder uppers have arrived now too

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms

On and off snow/sleet/graupel showers all morning in Sheffield whilst doing my round at work this morning. 

Slight covering above 200m in places such as Manor Top, Gleadless, Crookes etc.

Some great convection this morning, took this photo from Wadsley Bridge shopping park whilst doing a delivery around 7.30am.

20200211_072818.thumb.jpg.1f3a956cfdcf0ff30fc403f01f7a3697.jpg

Back home it's been mostly dry but very windy. The village had a gust of 68mph at 4am this morning.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

Photo's of Sunday in our  (not so Happy) Valley;

image.jpg
WWW.HALIFAXCOURIER.CO.UK

Calderdale was battered by more floods over the weekend as communities across the borough had to face more misery.

Posted

It's been a Wintry mix of showers here today - sleet, hail and snow but with none settling. Had a little drive out to the Washburn Valley today and got caught in some lovely showers but not much settling apart from the very tops of the hills. Enjoyed it though! 

Posted
1 hour ago, vizzy2004 said:

On and off snow/sleet/graupel showers all morning in Sheffield whilst doing my round at work this morning. 

Slight covering above 200m in places such as Manor Top, Gleadless, Crookes etc.

Some great convection this morning, took this photo from Wadsley Bridge shopping park whilst doing a delivery around 7.30am.

20200211_072818.thumb.jpg.1f3a956cfdcf0ff30fc403f01f7a3697.jpg

Back home it's been mostly dry but very windy. The village had a gust of 68mph at 4am this morning.

Ha, I think I caught the same cloud looking from Rotherham this morning at 7:30 ☺️

IMG_20200211_073355__01.thumb.jpg.091640f1097734d522ac2b14b959e731.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
9 hours ago, Beverley Lass said:

I haven't got an anemometer, but it seemed almost as bad for gales here overnight and this morning as most of storm Ciara ?
(Tis bin day too)  Real chill to those winds.

B.

Yes, it was very similar. On Sunday I recorded a high 10-minute wind average of 44mph and a max gust of 62mph. Today saw 42mph and a max gust of 59mph, so very close.

Today felt worse though as we're exposed to the north-west. On Sunday it was a southerly so didn't 'feel' as bad.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

Stayed in York in the end as the likes of Brinham rocks was shut due to the wind annoyingly and so I explored the lovely old wall walkway that surrounds the city and continued with many of the attractions including the Yorkshire museum the National railway museum and Henry VII experience and had a lovely meal at the punch bowl. No snow here just a mix of rain and sleet showers  every now and again and very blustery, such a shame none of the white stuff fell here and I'm back to Kent tomorrow. Still it's been a lovely time up North thanks to all your posts I will be back soon and hopefully get to the Dale's and or Moors 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice
1 minute ago, Kentspur said:

Stayed in York in the end as the likes of Brinham rocks was shut due to the wind annoyingly and so I explored the lovely old wall walkway that surrounds the city and continued with many of the attractions including the Yorkshire museum the National railway museum and Henry VII experience and had a lovely meal at the punch bowl. No snow here just a mix of rain and sleet showers  every now and again and very blustery, such a shame none of the white stuff fell here and I'm back to Kent tomorrow. Still it's been a lovely time up North thanks to all your posts I will be back soon and hopefully get to the Dale's and or Moors 

Glad you enjoyed your stay Kentspur,bad luck on the snow-front as here as well has been disappointing,i may visit darn sarf for a Kent clipper in the summer though if nowt happens here lol

just had a covering of snow/graupel a few minutes ago though.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Heavy snow in Sheffield,admit though i am pretty high up so probably slush further down into the city.

• Like 4

Posted

Sheffield has done great with this shower south of Doncaster. This is how the showers should of been for last 2 days!

• Like 4

Posted

Woke up to Narnia this morning.  White over and snowing steadily.  Not as blustery today.   If it sticks, I'll be out making a snowman later ☃️

20200212_075206.jpg

Edited by Sheaf of Wheat
  • Like 6

Posted

Great snow shower this morning. Not settling in town but lovely to see. Probably the only proper snow we'll see this winter!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October
14 hours ago, Allseasons-si said:

Glad you enjoyed your stay Kentspur,bad luck on the snow-front as here as well has been disappointing,i may visit darn sarf for a Kent clipper in the summer though if nowt happens here lol

just had a covering of snow/graupel a few minutes ago though.

Nice one glad some of you had some of the white stuff eventually on the A1 I could see white over the peak district maybe I should.move up your way! Just passed Grantham lincolnshire and theres snow in some of the fields here interestingly quite far South.

This biggest thing to note is the further south I've gone so far the less flooding in the fields . I guess we do get decent dry hot weather in the summer time to make up for it.

Forst pics a random field in Lincolnshire with snow patch then some pics I took in York. The last pics the fields after the race course exit of the A1 crazy. 

Lovely chatting to you all I'm sure I'll be back soon. Also any tips on the South East and Kent especially I'm more than happy to help you out with the Garden of England

20200212_120808.jpg

IMG_20200211_202044_755.jpg

IMG_20200211_202044_785.jpg

IMG_20200211_202044_758.jpg

IMG_20200211_202044_766.jpg

IMG_20200211_203122_613.jpg

20200212_101442.jpg

• Like 4

Horrendous road conditions this morning in Grenoside as the snow settled. One of our staff was involved in a minor accident and several others left their car and walked the rest of the way to our school. All because of a cm or two of wet snow! 

It left a lovely parting gift as it cleared south...

85192134_596296460919288_2737711200711213056_o.jpg

Posted
3 minutes ago, Onding said:

Horrendous road conditions this morning in Grenoside as the snow settled. One of our staff was involved in a minor accident and several others left their car and walked the rest of the way to our school. All because of a cm or two of wet snow! 

It left a lovely parting gift as it cleared south...

85192134_596296460919288_2737711200711213056_o.jpg

Beautiful photo but sorry to hear of the accident. My daughter is in Oughtibridge and reported very little snow. It's like Sheffield has a series of micro climates.