Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and E England regional thread 30 Jan 2019 onwards

damianslaw

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer Sunshine / Winter Snow

Will a fresh thread bring a change in fortune for us coldies?!  

Posted

I note Lincolnshire is grouped in with E midlands and norfolk thread, just wondering where then is classed as E England - is it misleading to add E England, Yorkshire covers former East Riding region I think including Hull. NE and far N England thread covers former Cleveland area..

Posted
29 minutes ago, damianslaw said:

I note Lincolnshire is grouped in with E midlands and norfolk thread, just wondering where then is classed as E England - is it misleading to add E England, Yorkshire covers former East Riding region I think including Hull. NE and far N England thread covers former Cleveland area..

haha if its all going to get covered in snow keep it as is 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather - any kind!
36 minutes ago, damianslaw said:

Hadn't noticed but wouldn't consider there to be an area of eastern England left out from looking at the other threads. Expect East Yorkshire folk wouldn't be impressed about being kicked out of Yorkshire 

Edited by Cold Winter

Posted
1 minute ago, Cold Winter said:

Hadn't noticed but wouldn't consider there to be an area of eastern England left out from looking at the other threads. Expect East Yorkshire folk wouldn't be impressed about being kicked out of Yorkshire either 

We're all Yorkshire aren't we?!  

Posted
Just now, Kentish Snowman said:

We're all Yorkshire aren't we?!  

Should just be the Yorkshire thread - I think we're big enough to deserve our own!

• Like 2

Posted

Have I been posting in the wrong thread? I'm a few miles north of Brigg in North Lincolnshire (previously part of Humberside).  The Lincolnshire thread seems to mainly cater for those much further south in the county. I have seen quite a few posts in this thread (before it was renamed) from Scunthorpe etc which are closer to me than Boston etc.

I guess it may explain why I seemed to be in a minority that had decent snow last week and been experiencing damned cold days for last few weeks. I did wonder why everybody was complaining about lack of cold and snow!

Posted
6 minutes ago, Cold Winter said:

Should just be the Yorkshire thread - I think we're big enough to deserve our own!

Defo.  That keeps York Leeds Sheffield Hull and all areas in between happy that way - and that is coming from a plastic Yorkshireman!

Just recorded my coldest temperature of the Winter at -2.1c by the way.  Chicago ain't got nothing on us!  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
1 minute ago, OldLandRover said:

Have I been posting in the wrong thread? I'm a few miles north of Brigg in North Lincolnshire (previously part of Humberside).  The Lincolnshire thread seems to mainly cater for those much further south in the county. I have seen quite a few posts in this thread (before it was renamed) from Scunthorpe etc which are closer to me than Boston etc.

I guess it may explain why I seemed to be in a minority that had decent snow last week and been experiencing damned cold days for last few weeks. I did wonder why everybody was complaining about lack of cold and snow!

I think a lot of Lincs people have always posted on this thread, especially in north Lincolnshire which is obviously part of the Humberside region.

Edited by cheese
  • Thanks 1

Posted
1 minute ago, cheese said:

I think a lot of Lincs people have always posted on this thread, especially in north Lincolnshire which is obviously part of the Humberside region.

It used to be the Yorkshire and Lincolnshire thread didn't it, if I remember rightly? Or was it Yorkshire and NE England?.....

I guess you'll never be able to do a split that works perfectly but living in the eastern half of our region I enjoy reading the snow reports from W Yorks (although often get a tad jealous!)

Posted
8 minutes ago, Kentish Snowman said:

Just recorded my coldest temperature of the Winter at -2.1c by the way.  

snap, -2.1c here too

Not quite coldest for us, we hit -4c last week and -2.8c early this morning. Oddly doesn't feel that cold outside, possibly due to lack of wind.

• Like 1

Posted
18 minutes ago, Cold Winter said:

It used to be the Yorkshire and Lincolnshire thread didn't it, if I remember rightly? Or was it Yorkshire and NE England?.....

Well, my wife comes from the North Riding and my eldest daughter lives in Hull so can I claim honorary membership of this thread?

In way of supporting evidence I offer this, my Land Rover carries the Lincolnshire flag on its bonnet but my wifes Land Rover has the North Riding flag...

land_rover_north_riding_flag_bonnet.jpg

land_rover_lincolnshire_flag_bonnet.jpg

Posted
1 minute ago, OldLandRover said:

Well, my wife comes from the North Riding and my eldest daughter lives in Hull so can I claim honorary membership of this thread?

In way of supporting evidence I offer this, my Land Rover carries the Lincolnshire flag on its bonnet but my wifes Land Rover has the North Riding flag...

land_rover_north_riding_flag_bonnet.jpg

land_rover_lincolnshire_flag_bonnet.jpg

I think you've made a good case - we'll let you stay! 

-2.4c here now, gradual downward trend continuing over the last few hours.

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
30 minutes ago, Cold Winter said:

I guess you'll never be able to do a split that works perfectly but living in the eastern half of our region I enjoy reading the snow reports from W Yorks (although often get a tad jealous!)

It was Yorkshire and Lincolnshire in the past. If you live in Lincolnshire you should post wherever you feel comfortable imo.

Edited by cheese
  • Like 1

Posted

Obviously isn't going to be exact but gives you an idea if your under any streamers/showers what to expect by the end of the day.

19020118_2_3018.gif

Imo the uppers are wayyy too marginal.

• Like 1

Posted
30 minutes ago, Cheese Rice said:

Obviously isn't going to be exact but gives you an idea if your under any streamers/showers what to expect by the end of the day.

19020118_2_3018.gif

Imo the uppers are wayyy too marginal.

Away from the coast (say more than 10 / 15 miles inland) I reckon some areas could do quite well where streamers set up.

The E / NE element to the wind will make a difference in terms of the uppers required compared to a NW flow I am sure.

Only one way to find out! 

London still looking good for later on tomorrow?!

• Like 1

Posted

Next potential low now being picked up on GFS for Monday 4th Feb, one to keep an eye on 

Temp showing -5.3 here which isnt bad! 

Edited by ChezWeather
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

A balmy minus 6 in Grenoside Sheffield today,lovely start to the day!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

Just a tad cold then this morning! Easily coldest night of the winter. It's still below -6 now ❄️

Screenshot_20190131-070537.thumb.jpg.5f594aa2204f7195c4db19308cef1889.jpg

• Like 1