damianslaw

North West Regional Discussion 30 Jan 2019 onwards

6 hours ago, itsnowjoke said:

Jack Frost been

Jack Frost still here in the shade, as the temperature starts to drop once more. Proper cold night coming up.

Some frost on the ground in the shade. I'm going away in two weeks on the 11th Dec to Thailand for Xmas, back on Boxing Day. I hoping when I get back theres thick snow on the ground!  I know it is a bit early and not even December yet but I wish you all a good Christmas and don't let the Mild weather bite you!! :santa-emoji:

Not sure what the temp is as my outdoor sensor is knackered but its really white here and has stayed that way in the shade all day

-4.2C here already with another 7 hours of cooling left to go. Frost stayed all day in the shaded areas. 

What a day it was today. Sunny skies...oh how have I missed them after all the gloom recently!

13 hours ago, pip22 said:

Some frost on the ground in the shade. I'm going away in two weeks on the 11th Dec to Thailand for Xmas, back on Boxing Day. I hoping when I get back theres thick snow on the ground!  I know it is a bit early and not even December yet but I wish you all a good Christmas and don't let the Mild weather bite you!! :santa-emoji:

You too mate, have a good one 👍 

Temperature wise, it has been a very seasonable autumn. Too often recently, one of the autumn months has been very mild but not this autumn. Also, I mentioned a few times, gales has been totaly absent, infact this year has not been very windy. It would be interesting to see what the average daily windspeed for this year has been for the region. 

Jack Frost came yesterday and never left all day still around this morning 

At last some dry cold weather. 
just took the dog for a walk up to rivington pike. Lovely views of west Lancashire down to the coast of Southport & Blackpool in the distance.  In the East of the region, views of Oldham, down into Tameside and Manchester City centre. 
Beautiful winters day. Only thing missing is about 30cm of snow 😀

Another lovely, frosty sunny & DRY!!!.... start to the day.  Will be making the most of the outdoor weather, because as soon as those winds switch to the North West our regions are bullseye on the map for frequent visits of cold *sleety* rain.... can't see any fluffy white settling snow from these polar maritime setups until we get later in the season and hopefully mix in some Arctic Maritime air mass.

On 29/11/2019 at 16:37, pip22 said:

You have a good one enjoy 

Very cold again today- tonight could be well below zero-

Everything i love about late Autumn/winter, short days under clear skies equals winter wonderland ..

Repeat what others have said; fabulous weather - cold, blue skies, very little wind; perfectly usable for getting outside and cycling. First time for a while I've been out cycling for 3 consecutive days. You have to use the opportunity when it comes along, as the grey damp dross will soon return. If you could pick the perfect winter weather, it would probably what we've had the last 3 days. 

Clear skies again tonight, air was beautifully clear today could see the Welsh mountain ranges along with the Lakes ranges both with excellent clarity shame I didn't have my mirrorless with me to snap a pic while I was out as I don't think I've ever seen them as clear as today.

Expect there'll be plenty frost tomorrow like the past few days where it's remained in the shade all day

Ditto! Fantastic blue skies, lovely sunshine and low temps the past few days. -2.4C low last night and already down to -1.2C now. Brilliant 🙂 

Harsh frost last night - pavements etc stayed white all day in the shade. Another chilly night ahead. 

-5.2C here. Coldest night of this spell so far & of course the Winter since it's now December. No low cloud or breeze likely to scupper the temperature like it did Saturday morning so hopefully close to or at -7C by sunrise I would have thought. Manchester airport at -3C right now & -4C at Rostherne. Thought I heard the airport site was closed now but it's still showing it recording data here on NOAA's website: 

https://tgftp.nws.noaa.gov/weather/current/EGCC.html

Edited by Frost HoIIow

Overnight low of -4.6c.

wouldn't mind this for the next few weeks,alas by weekend Met Office have back in to Double figures,having a very quick look at the models and it looks like we may have another cold shot mid month,but that's the future for now another few crisp cold days to come to enjoy.

C.S

We hit -3.0C last night. But cloud spilled in soon after I went to bed looking at the satellite. All of this low cloud wasn't forecast for today. Was supposed to be clear blue skies. Shame.

-6.1C was the low here. Could have been even lower but cloud scuppered it. Temp rose from about 4am.