damianslaw

North West Regional Discussion 30 Jan 2019 onwards

5 minutes ago, frosty ground said:

Are you getting strong gust near you?

It’s breezy but nothing too strong.... just looked at euro 4 snow showers tomorrow from the east/ne

Winds definitely strengthened from the east, temperature wise it might not be as cold as last night, but the windchill now get's in on the act and it could feel just as cold.  Surprised at the latest forecast for easterly showers tomorrow maybe even getting over the Pennines to sprinkle at bit of fairy dust our side...but I'm not expecting much from them to be honest.

Just now, WillinGlossop said:

Netweather forecast saying 8mm overnight here

Think it’s gonna be streamers 

23 minutes ago, frosty ground said:

-3.5 with blowing snow 

Are you /we gona catch some showets tonight FG?

If winds switch easterly i wouldnt be suprised.

2 minutes ago, frosty ground said:

BF70C46A-54F2-4E75-A3BD-F54B83DC5C85.gif

Soooo close lol..

We not far off spine of the country here mate.

11 minutes ago, dodgeredee said:

Winds definitely strengthened from the east, temperature wise it might not be as cold as last night, but the windchill now get's in on the act and it could feel just as cold.  Surprised at the latest forecast for easterly showers tomorrow maybe even getting over the Pennines to sprinkle at bit of fairy dust our side...but I'm not expecting much from them to be honest.

Think we might nick a dusting dodge..

Models always seem to underdo the abilty of the showers to drop their load on our area.

Had a bit of a dusting this afternoon and now it's clouding over and snowing ever so slightly, little grainy bits of graupel and the odd tiny flake. Better than nothing right ? 

Edited by Sn0wmad79

With the easterly getting up what do we think think the wind chill is averaging?

12 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

Soooo close lol..

We not far off spine of the country here mate.

Sprinkling probably nothing measurable thou

Windy, foggy and damp outside to the point where you can see what looks like rain blowing about.

only thing is with it already being -3c I can see there being some serious ice on the cars and slippy roads in the morning.

meanwhile as i’ve got drizzle at 1000ft, sea level in Cornwall gets buried in snow.

9 minutes ago, iand61 said:

Windy, foggy and damp outside to the point where you can see what looks like rain blowing about.

only thing is with it already being -3c I can see there being some serious ice on the cars and slippy roads in the morning.

meanwhile as i’ve got drizzle at 1000ft, sea level in Cornwall gets buried in snow.

Rain?

are you sure it’s not snow blowing about?

nothing on the radar for miles?

Edited by frosty ground

5 minutes ago, frosty ground said:

Rain?

are you sure it’s not snow blowing about?

nothing on the radar for miles?

It was snowing a bit when I left work at 5pm but it didn’t do much.

what we are having now is more like damp blowing fog than drizzle but you can feel the damp from it.

temperature plummeting, an extremely cold night ahead.. already -2C, and with skies clearing from the north, after catching a little of that high cloud from the pivoting front, I think perhaps a -5 to -7C here by morning if the sky clears properly.

as mentioned above that frontal system has stayed well south of where it was supposed to be, the pivot is less pronounced or not happening at all much.. so this has big influences on the type of temperatures and severity of frost, that people will get in the morning.

BF958720-1E66-4029-9BE5-F6296118AD4A.thumb.png.f168220bbd77eee248e07a5456fa2cc7.png

Euro 4 showing the streamers may cross all the way across the country. 

Bollx

All the debate on how far north that front was going to get, even at this last moment it looks like it is starting to go pear-shape for some parts of the favourable areas. 

Just now, Spah1 said:

BF958720-1E66-4029-9BE5-F6296118AD4A.thumb.png.f168220bbd77eee248e07a5456fa2cc7.png

Euro 4 showing the streamers may cross all the way across the country. 

Bollx

Not really perfectly plausible just the amounts wouldn’t cover a sheet of A4 paper

1 minute ago, frosty ground said:

Not really perfectly plausible just the amounts wouldn’t cover a sheet of A4 paper

Won’t get over the hills to Lancashire imho