Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
damianslaw

North West Regional Discussion 30 Jan 2019 onwards

Lovely outside in the sun, it's got some real strength now.

Now the sun is dropping behind the hills, temps are plummeting.

7 hours ago, Iceaxecrampon said:

15 Degrees?

Winter Over.

ukmaxtemp.thumb.png.3d478388321d1d9b1ce2e296294b006e.png

Yes Please What a Beautiful chart that is

and to the second Question Hopefully but will not rule anything out until the end of the first week of March

C.S

Really in Spring mood. This is unusual so early for me but I’m desperate for the warm days and thunderstorms now. Quite surprised myself actually. 

I keep looking at the sun’s declination and watching it tick closer to 0 every day. 

Edited by Chris.R

Off to bed so uninspired by this weather 

3 hours ago, Chris.R said:

Really in Spring mood. This is unusual so early for me but I’m desperate for the warm days and thunderstorms now. Quite surprised myself actually. 

I keep looking at the sun’s declination and watching it tick closer to 0 every day. 

Hope we get some decent thunderstorms this year, last year was almost completely devoid of it! Used to get some decent ones but they are becoming rarer, a bit like snow really.

Could it be Thexit.?

I like Winter for what I do (did).

....but it does go on a bit.

Well early spring has sprung

20190212_154522.jpg

1 hour ago, Had Worse said:

20190212_154522.jpg

Same here...and the daffs making an appearance... spring has sprung... since Thursday been dismantling, sanding, cleaning, primering and painting all the kitchen units.. over halfway to finishing... once that’s done I’m attempting to sort the garden out if it’s still springlike and sunny ☀️ 

Well apart from the total cloud cover and bits of drizzle today it felt very pleasant. 

1 hour ago, WillinGlossop said:

Same here...and the daffs making an appearance... spring has sprung... since Thursday been dismantling, sanding, cleaning, primering and painting all the kitchen units.. over halfway to finishing... once that’s done I’m attempting to sort the garden out if it’s still springlike and sunny ☀️ 

Sounds like my day job 👍

At least it will be mild...

gensnh-21-1-180.thumb.png.e1ccd8edb01c88dc10a44cd0eca3d6b9.png

It's February! 🤮

3 hours ago, WillinGlossop said:

Collect all the anthers/stamens... you might have enough (saffron) to put in a paella 🥘👍

2 minutes ago, WillinGlossop said:

Collect all the anthers/stamens... you might have enough (saffron) to put in a paella 🥘👍

Sounds like something @Mokidugway would say

Going bed no wind no rain no naff all

On 11/02/2019 at 17:39, cheshire snow said:

Yes Please What a Beautiful chart that is

and to the second Question Hopefully but will not rule anything out until the end of the first week of March

C.S

Winter over or at least wintry prospects, I wouldn't rule anything out until at least May. It was only 3 years ago it was snowing at the end of April. And mid April 1998 after that February, two days with lying snow. I think Manchester airport had 3cm of snow on the morning of the 15th April. 

Well thankfully it’s very rare to get snow in April here.  Can get thunder though if conditions are right.

Some really warm 850 temperatures showing  occasionally for next week on the GFS now, just wish the Sun was a bit stronger. 

18 hours ago, Had Worse said:

20190212_154522.jpg

prectypeuktopo.thumb.png.5407105550edc0b448c6a2197ac96902.png

LOL 

Edited by Iceaxecrampon

3 hours ago, Chris.R said:

Well thankfully it’s very rare to get snow in April here.  Can get thunder though if conditions are right.

Had two rogue distant thunderclaps last April. Can't remember the last really loud thunderclap, must have been 13th September 2016.

Had more lying snow this winter than days of thunder last year. That is how bad thunder frequency has been and has been this decade.