Jump to content
Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
damianslaw

North West Regional Discussion 30 Jan 2019 onwards

Recommended Posts

Lovely outside in the sun, it's got some real strength now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now the sun is dropping behind the hills, temps are plummeting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Iceaxecrampon said:

15 Degrees?

Winter Over.

ukmaxtemp.thumb.png.3d478388321d1d9b1ce2e296294b006e.png

Yes Please What a Beautiful chart that is

and to the second Question Hopefully but will not rule anything out until the end of the first week of March

C.S

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really in Spring mood. This is unusual so early for me but I’m desperate for the warm days and thunderstorms now. Quite surprised myself actually. 

 I keep looking at the sun’s declination and watching it tick closer to 0 every day. 

Edited by Chris.R

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Off to bed so uninspired by this weather 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Chris.R said:

Really in Spring mood. This is unusual so early for me but I’m desperate for the warm days and thunderstorms now. Quite surprised myself actually. 

 I keep looking at the sun’s declination and watching it tick closer to 0 every day. 

Hope we get some decent thunderstorms this year, last year was almost completely devoid of it! Used to get some decent ones but they are becoming rarer, a bit like snow really.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could it be Thexit.?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like Winter for what I do (did).

....but it does go on a bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well early spring has sprung

20190212_154522.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Had Worse said:

Well early spring has sprung

20190212_154522.jpg

Same here...and the daffs making an appearance... spring has sprung... since Thursday been dismantling, sanding, cleaning, primering and painting all the kitchen units.. over halfway to finishing... once that’s done I’m attempting to sort the garden out if it’s still springlike and sunny ☀️ 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Well apart from the total cloud cover and bits of drizzle today it felt very pleasant. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WillinGlossop said:

Same here...and the daffs making an appearance... spring has sprung... since Thursday been dismantling, sanding, cleaning, primering and painting all the kitchen units.. over halfway to finishing... once that’s done I’m attempting to sort the garden out if it’s still springlike and sunny ☀️ 

Sounds like my day job 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At least it will be mild...

gensnh-21-1-180.thumb.png.e1ccd8edb01c88dc10a44cd0eca3d6b9.png

It's February! 🤮

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, WillinGlossop said:

Same here...and the daffs making an appearance... spring has sprung... since Thursday been dismantling, sanding, cleaning, primering and painting all the kitchen units.. over halfway to finishing... once that’s done I’m attempting to sort the garden out if it’s still springlike and sunny ☀️ 

Collect all the anthers/stamens... you might have enough (saffron) to put in a paella 🥘👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, WillinGlossop said:

Collect all the anthers/stamens... you might have enough (saffron) to put in a paella 🥘👍

Sounds like something @Mokidugway would say

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Going bed no wind no rain no naff all

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/02/2019 at 17:39, cheshire snow said:

Yes Please What a Beautiful chart that is

and to the second Question Hopefully but will not rule anything out until the end of the first week of March

C.S

Winter over or at least wintry prospects, I wouldn't rule anything out until at least May. It was only 3 years ago it was snowing at the end of April. And mid April 1998 after that February, two days with lying snow. I think Manchester airport had 3cm of snow on the morning of the 15th April. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well thankfully it’s very rare to get snow in April here.  Can get thunder though if conditions are right.

Some really warm 850 temperatures showing  occasionally for next week on the GFS now, just wish the Sun was a bit stronger. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

18 hours ago, Had Worse said:

Well early spring has sprung

20190212_154522.jpg

prectypeuktopo.thumb.png.5407105550edc0b448c6a2197ac96902.png

LOL 

Edited by Iceaxecrampon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Chris.R said:

Well thankfully it’s very rare to get snow in April here.  Can get thunder though if conditions are right.

 

Had two rogue distant thunderclaps last April. Can't remember the last really loud thunderclap, must have been 13th September 2016.

Had more lying snow this winter than days of thunder last year. That is how bad thunder frequency has been and has been this decade. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...