Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion 30 Jan 2019 onwards

damianslaw

Posted
2 minutes ago, Thunder Snow said:

Wind has stopped as has the rain and most of the rivers are steady dodge a bullet

Weird

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow
40 minutes ago, itsnowjoke said:

Should not have been a named storm rained then windy no wind now

You tell that to the SW and Wales tommorow, a lot more rain to come yet for those areas.

Almost 2 hours after high tide

https://youtu.be/dDe_EeZWMQQ

Edited by matty40s
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, itsnowjoke said:

Should not have been a named storm rained then windy no wind now

Please don't assume just because your back yard hasn't had the impacts suggested in the warnings that other areas haven't either. There's a lot of rain and strong winds to come for many. Turn on the news in the morning, I bet you any money you'll be reading stories of significant flooding impacts.

One look at the radar is enough  

Posted

Looking a bit wild at Llandudno

webcam-blank-b.jpg
WWW.WESTSHOREBEACHCAFE.COM

This North Wales webcam shows views from the West Shore of Llandudno across to Penmaenmawr, Puffin Island, Angelesey and the south west of the Great Orme.

oking 

Posted
21 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

Looking a bit wild at Llandudno

They've put the webcam to sleep now, only on from 10am to 10pm

As for the storm and lack of winds, Ciara started like this with relatively little wind on the Saturday and we didn't see the worst of winds until Monday when it was supposedly past us

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Thunder Snow said:

Looks like the rain is goung to hit cumbria

Hopefully it won't last too long, the whole system is forecast to head south eastwards eventually. 

I was hoping the 2nd pulse would be further south but sadly not, one consolation would be the brief respite at times but they have been brief. 

Posted
2 minutes ago, Geordiesnow said:

Hopefully it won't last too long, the whole system is forecast to head south eastwards eventually. 

I was hoping the 2nd pulse would be further south but sadly not, one consolation would be the brief respite at times but they have been brief. 

Think we might escape it

Posted
4 hours ago, Onding said:

Please don't assume just because your back yard hasn't had the impacts suggested in the warnings that other areas haven't either. There's a lot of rain and strong winds to come for many. Turn on the news in the morning, I bet you any money you'll be reading stories of significant flooding impacts.

One look at the radar is enough  

I was not assuming anything so do not put words  into my mouth I’m Telling you what it’s like in my Town and yes raining again and I don’t and won’t feel the impact as I (ME) lives on the top of a cobbled st (steep hill) does not mean I don’t care what a joke and my back yard is about 25 steps Long and 15 wide 

Edited by itsnowjoke
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, itsnowjoke said:

I was not assuming anything so do not put words  into my mouth I’m Telling you what it’s like in my Town and yes raining again and I don’t and won’t feel the impact as I (ME) lives on the top of a cobbled st (steep hill) does not mean I don’t care what a joke and my back yard is about 25 steps Long and 15 wide 

You said it should not have been a named storm. It's blatantly obvious that it should, unless you're questioning whether any storms should be named, which is a separate debate.

I hope conditions have improved, it has been a very wet night on this side of the Pennines with 32mm down so far this weekend.

Edited by Onding

Posted
11 minutes ago, Onding said:

You said it should not have been a named storm. It's blatantly obvious that it should, unless you're questioning whether any storms should be named, which is a separate debate.

I hope conditions have improved, it has been a very wet night on this side of the Pennines with 32mm down so far this weekend.

Well that’s my opinion apart from the gusts rain and some intense hail I’ve seen it worse without it having a name or warnings and it’s seems to have calmed down a bit now stopped raining for now

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Red warning in South Wales. This storm was very much about rain. For some parts of the BI this is looking dire as the effects haven't really started coming through properly yet. 

As for our region, we just dodged a bullet, but in general we always do because we're generally quite lucky. There are a few places in Cumbria and Lancashire that sometimes see bad effects from flooding etc but in general our region is quite quiet

• Like 1

Posted

Less impact than Ciara here. It looks like the last of the rain has moved away from the Mersey catchment and the river level is already dropping. Now at 230cm, down from 235cm peak. It hit 250cm last Sunday.

opengraph-image.png?0.26.0
FLOOD-WARNING-INFORMATION.SERVICE.GOV.UK

Check your risk of flooding: get current flood warnings, river and sea levels, check the 5-day forecast or use flood...

• Like 1

Posted

Nowhere near as bad as Storm Ciara in my little corner of the world...bit wet yesterday and a tad windy but nothing as extreme as the heavy intense squalls with violent downdrafts, up drafts, sideways drafts and every other kind of draft thrown in the mix from last Sunday.  That said other's have had it very much worse and hopefully the flooding won't be as severe as last week.  Also this Winter has just been October/November on steroids for it's entirety.... Roll on Spring.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat, thunderstorms and winter snow

Yesterday was vile today not much better. Very heavy squally shower passing through just now ☔️ 

• Like 1