damianslaw

North West Regional Discussion 30 Jan 2019 onwards

3 hours ago, Iceaxecrampon said:

Lol.

prectypeuktopo.thumb.png.88566fab61f930bf7a20231b9007c27a.png

Typical 😂

On 23/01/2020 at 08:45, Weather-history said:

I thought an inversion was the other way around?

I was just thinking the same thing. 

10 hours ago, Iceaxecrampon said:

Lol.

prectypeuktopo.thumb.png.88566fab61f930bf7a20231b9007c27a.png

LOL.

No need for an arrow this year as everybody now knows what it's like living on the coast of death! 🤣🤣

rain.jpg.8f5b179a60ae62937ce4aab97267cfc8.jpg

Might be able to do some snow radar watching Monday eve first time this season!

10 hours ago, Day 10 said:

LOL.

No need for an arrow this year as everybody now knows what it's like living on the coast of death! 🤣🤣

rain.jpg.8f5b179a60ae62937ce4aab97267cfc8.jpg

Well - I dont know - 2" of Sleet is forecast for the Fylde  - Tuesday  - Wednesday...:oldgood:

(Meanwhile METO Cumbria has Blizzards for the tops most of the early part of next week)

7 hours ago, damianslaw said:

Might be able to do some snow radar watching Monday eve first time this season!

22 minutes ago, Iceaxecrampon said:

Well - I dont know - 2" of Sleet is forecast for the Fylde  - Tuesday  - Wednesday...:oldgood:

(Meanwhile METO Cumbria has Blizzards for the tops most of the early part of next week)

Let's hope so lads 👍 

This picture pretty much sums up the past week’s weather:

image.thumb.jpeg.d05a068fa72b8b2391c6252a85523887.jpeg

In three words: boring, depressing and dreary.

Today is exactly the same, rinse and repeat, 7c, thick cloud, going dark after 3 pm.

Can’t make snowballs so I’ve made meatballs......😬

Errghhh meatballs anyone had too many 

ps they are in Italian sauce 

I had this vision of you stood outside lobbing your meatballs at random folk.  I've been the target of many snowballs, but never a meatball.

40 minutes ago, Rush2112 said:

I had this vision of you stood outside lobbing your meatballs at random folk.  I've been the target of many snowballs, but never a meatball.

Thought about it and realised can’t waste food plus I will end up locked up 😂

Monday night/Tuesday mornings holds interest for some snow down to low levels, FAX charts showing a small low disturbance moving through under cold enough uppers. 

Expecting another weather warning to appear for timerange..

In the meantime, tonight any snow most likely reserved for ground above 300 metres, but some elevations lower than this might catch in any heavy precipitation.

Good to be able to mention snow.

According to XC weather most of the region is going to see 5cm of fog early on Tuesday 🤔

C.S

Edited by cheshire snow

7 minutes ago, cheshire snow said:

According to XC weather most of the region is going to see 5cn of fog early on Tuesday 🤔

C.S

I'll take this one for round here. Although XC get their forecast data from GFS which exaggerates snow potential.

Screenshot_20200126-192602-703.thumb.png.0fae322e8567ea613bc3430e793e9925.png

I would be happy just to see a snow Shower at least then I won't record a snowless Season 

C.S

Being 158m asl, l don't think  Macclesfield will qualify for the 'smidgen' of snow forecasted, however l would love to be proved wrong.  It's going to be quite exciting following this thread over the next few days, very interested to see who in the region has a taste of the old white stuff.  Happy lamppost watching.

2 minutes ago, Rush2112 said:

Being 158m asl, l don't think  Macclesfield will qualify for the 'smidgen' of snow forecasted, however l would love to be proved wrong.  It's going to be quite exciting following this thread over the next few days, very interested to see who in the region has a taste of the old white stuff.  Happy lamppost watching.

Think you may be surprised.

If worst comes to the worst you are surrounded by Hills so you will be able to get your snow fix.

C.S

17 minutes ago, cheshire snow said:

Think you may be surprised.

If worst comes to the worst you are surrounded by Hills so you will be able to get your snow fix.

C.S

Yes, you are right, l have great views of surrounding hills, and if the snow hangs around long enough, there's nothing stopping me driving up there and having a good stomp about in my wellies.  Fingers crossed l won't be working at the time.

Manchester Airport TAF now indicating the risk of snow Showers overnight 

C.S

I recently moved to the Cheshire snow desert so my snow chances have now plummeted compared to where I used to live up East of Manchester. Tonight looks to hold some decent potential for some.

22 minutes ago, Dexter said:

I recently moved to the Cheshire snow desert so my snow chances have now plummeted compared to where I used to live up East of Manchester. Tonight looks to hold some decent potential for some.

😂😂

Welcome to Cheshire if you ignore the weather there are some great places to visit.

C.S

8 minutes ago, cheshire snow said:

😂😂

Welcome to Cheshire if you ignore the weather there are some great places to visit.

C.S

Thanks CS. I've been working in these parts for the past decade or so, doing a round commute of 70 miles. I will miss the higher snow potential of where I used to live, but not the 1 - 1.5 hour drive in each direction every week day! Can always go to the hills for a snow fix and yes, definitely some nice places to visit around here.

A small trough passes through the region in the early hours I suppose the million dollar question is will it be cold enough to produce some Fluffy precipitation?

C.S