Jump to content
damianslaw

North West Regional Discussion 30 Jan 2019 onwards

Recommended Posts

34 minutes ago, Day 10 said:

None! Maybe it'll be a back loaded Winter, Feb & March to be brutal.... 🥶

Had a covering of snow one morning at the end of April a few years back. Just shows how dire this Winter is so far round here. There's just nothing. Just thick black cloud all day. No frost, no snow, no sun, or even any gales yet. Most boring climate on planet Earth. 🤮

Edited by Frost HoIIow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Frost HoIIow said:

Had a covering of snow one morning at the end of April a few years back. Just shows how dire this Winter is so far round here. There's just nothing. Just thick black cloud all day. No frost, no snow, no sun, or even any gales yet. Most boring climate on planet Earth. 🤮

To be fair we have had a lot of windy weather last week, but nothing truly stormy. 

 

Have we even had a named storm yet this winter?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, East Lancs Rain said:

To be fair we have had a lot of windy weather last week, but nothing truly stormy. 

 

Have we even had a named storm yet this winter?

If I'm not mistaken today is the 2nd one called Brendan. But to go this long without any more is a bit unusual.

Edited by Frost HoIIow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Impressive little squall just went through...only lasted a few minutes but it was very gusty with torrential rain being thrown at the windows of the house.  Anybody out in that would have been drenched to the skin in under 5 minutes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Almost halfway through the meteorological winter and there has hardly been anything or nothing other than sun, cloud, rain. 

Few frosts, no sleet, snow, hardly any hail, hardly any gales, little fog. Its been as bad as the first half of the previous winter. At this stage last winter, we were starting to see wintry prospects in the charts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We had a lightning flash and thunder clap followed by a cloudburst on Winter Hill at 5.20 pm yesterday.  Pretty dramatic while it lasted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Rush2112 said:

Itsnowjoke are you fed up?

Just a bit lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rubbish wet summer July/August....now rubbish wet winter... lots of cold rain....lovely 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, WillinGlossop said:

Rubbish wet summer July/August....now rubbish wet winter... lots of cold rain....lovely 

Welcome to the north west of England! 😀

 

Though to be fair there was a lot of fair weather during the first three weeks of July, and very hot during the last week. Also, late August was also pretty hot for a few days.

 

But there was also long cool wet spells, especially mid August and early June which was absolutely diabolical, even by our standards.

 

It was actually a warmer than average summer but it was also cloudy and wet. We had a lot of warm but cloudy days.

 

Seems to be a common theme these days - warm wet summers, mild wet winters. ☔️🌧

Edited by East Lancs Rain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, dodge said:

Impressive little squall just went through...only lasted a few minutes but it was very gusty with torrential rain being thrown at the windows of the house.  Anybody out in that would have been drenched to the skin in under 5 minutes.

Yup, heard it lashing down on the back porch roof.

Some impressive gusts as well.

 

Got some footage of the wind here:

https://youtu.be/o5WdaTpXv0Q

 

Finally a bit of exciting weather for once! 💨☔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, northwestsnow said:

Utterly disgusting.

Autumn all year round bar the odd week ..

Yup, someone was saying to me on Saturday we just don't get the seasons anymore.

 

7-16c year round and rain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, itsnowjoke said:

Just a bit lol

Chin up, there's still a chance for snow, lots of it.  Always look on the 'white' side of life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Super high pressure next week

MT2_Manchester_ens.thumb.png.0f964af670aa1c73a63f72f1a0465560.png

but mild, so probably claggy

MT8_Manchester_ens.thumb.png.57bb633054c3d2ab6f4151c86b9c3583.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rush2112 said:

Chin up, there's still a chance for snow, lots of it.  Always look on the 'white' side of life.

Like it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, alr1970 said:

Super high pressure next week

MT2_Manchester_ens.thumb.png.0f964af670aa1c73a63f72f1a0465560.png

but mild, so probably claggy

MT8_Manchester_ens.thumb.png.57bb633054c3d2ab6f4151c86b9c3583.png

Warmer Uppers under a strong high In January don't always equate to warmth at the surface, indeed the uppers are not especially high, will depend on whether we see a slight drift from off the Irish Sea - from Friday onwards for the foreseeable temps will be around average, with a return to cold nights, might be the odd proper cold day early next week as heights begin to build north before backing southwest again.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Resorted to watching love island how many times they say “like” in a conversation is ridiculous 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, itsnowjoke said:

Where’s this storm

Come on, you couldn't have missed it.

 

Storm was last night when we had the strong winds and heavy rain.

 

Also had it a bit wet and windy this afternoon as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, East Lancs Rain said:

Come on, you couldn't have missed it.

 

Storm was last night when we had the strong winds and heavy rain.

 

Also had it a bit wet and windy this afternoon as well.

Warning we’re out for today and I wouldn’t call that a storm last night 

Edited by itsnowjoke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...