Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion 30 Jan 2019 onwards

damianslaw

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Our wheelie bins have gone flying and the trees have been stripped of thousands of leaves. There’s debris everywhere, fallen branches, it’s horrible! 

Posted

MWIS for the Peak District wasn't kidding today when it said that walking would be 'arduous' on the tops as there was some beefy 50+ mph gusts up on Kinder Low today as I was out before the bank holiday rush. Almost blown over twice but the rucksack did allow some anchoring so the wind was more a nuance than annoying, some small branches blown down across the roads on the way back and reading that one 250yr old tree along Eccles Pike has being felled. I'm glad I chose today instead of tomorrow as with the forecast showers it would have been tempting to stay at home instead.

• Like 2

Posted

A strange day, not least because of the persistant gusty wind which hasn't relented one bit, still very windy, and also dull overcast skies, no brightness depsite the strong wind which should have blown holes in the cloud, spits and spots of rain but nothing dampening the ground - a drying wind. Have not liked today one bit.

• Like 1

Posted

Really gusty yesterday, but it was a warm wind.  Had 11 beautiful deep red blooms on my peony, got home from work yesterday and my bush was completely bare.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms
5 hours ago, Rush2112 said:

Really gusty yesterday, but it was a warm wind.  Had 11 beautiful deep red blooms on my peony, got home from work yesterday and my bush was completely bare.

Sorry it's my sense of humor 

• Like 1

Posted

Well this wind isn't relenting, indeed its picked up more today than yesterday, howling gusts blowing everything about - bits and pieces of rain at times, and dull overcast skies, current temperature a poor 12 degrees. Not the best start to what is statistically our best bank holiday - sunshine and dry weather wise at least, not warmth. Tomorrow looking poor as well, less windy, but more rain petering out through the day. Thankfully Monday is looking decent, and next week much more so - high pressure overhead, perfect time late May. Its been a topsy turvy couple of weeks, unseasonably chilly last week with sharp frosts and cold days, then miserable and wet and very gloomy, the mini - warm spell Wed-Thursday, now gale and blustery showers, all seasons in the space of 2 weeks, such is the variety of May.

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, cheshire snow said:

Sorry it's my sense of humor 

You made me laugh C.S.  I thought I'd post this for clarification.  Not often one gets to announce to the region that ones bush is bare.

IMG_20200523_132753.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: LP - Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards

A difficult 2 days to say the least - some of those gusts were as fierce as any driven by Autumn LP systems - branches and debris all over the lanes at Catforth Treales and Salwick.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

Yes a few large branches on the lane here as I drove down it. Made all the more bulky because the trees are in full leaf now. I got out & put them to the side of the road as I didn't want the sharp bits to scratch the car bodywork. As others have noted certainly unusual for late May to have these very gusty winds.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Not the nicest of weather here at the moment, damp breezy and cool.

hopefully something a bit drier will move in but looking at the radar, this is forming right above my head so it could hang around for some time.

anyway much as I don’t like wet weather, it will help the gardens.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

The rain has stopped but after the weather of recent weeks, it’s still a bit of a reality check.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Northeasterly Blizzard and sub zero temperatures.
1 hour ago, iand61 said:

The rain has stopped but after the weather of recent weeks, it’s still a bit of a reality check.

Looks like your part of the world will be the warm spot this time next week as surface air is fetched in via a longer land track.  

C

GFSOPUK06_174_5.png

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
1 hour ago, carinthian said:

Looks like your part of the world will be the warm spot this time next week as surface air is fetched in via a longer land track.  

C

GFSOPUK06_174_5.png

I'll take that, just seen the first glimmer of sun today too

• Like 3

Posted
1 hour ago, Ramp said:

I'll take that, just seen the first glimmer of sun today too

Same here, It always feels much better when rain clears and the sun puts an appearance in.

• Like 4

Posted
28 minutes ago, A Face like Thunder said:

A glorious morning today in South Cheshire and a bank holiday to boot, wonders never cease! I suspect the lockdown authorities will be kept busy today in certain parts of the country.

Not in the pubs though ! Beer is good for the soul.

Posted

Whats the weather like this morning in the North west ? Hopefully, sunny and less windy !

C

• Like 2

Posted
11 minutes ago, carinthian said:

Whats the weather like this morning in the North west ? Hopefully, sunny and less windy !

C

...about as perfect a late spring day in May could turn out to be... Cloudless blues skies, low humidity, gentle breeze and temps rising from a comfortable cool start to low twenties this afternoon.  ☀

• Like 3

Posted
15 minutes ago, carinthian said:

C

Clear blue sky, light breeze and getting pretty warm here.

No doubt the usual honeypots will be busy with visitors today but TBH the scenery in the Rossendale Valley takes some beating on days like these and thankfully I can enjoy it by leaving the car behind and walking from my front door.

• Like 2

Posted

Absolutely stunning today, tablet temp 18° , garden thermometer 20°.  Have today off work, so I'm forgetting the washing, ironing etc....... I'm going to enjoy some time in the garden, will be going for a power walk with daughter later, probably do one of our favourite walks around Alderley  Edge, we know a few off the beaten track which are beautiful but a lot less popular. Have a great day yourselves.

• Like 3

Posted

Shaping up to be a beautiful few days, low 20s and low humidity are my favourite, although I'm still waiting for a thunderstorm . 

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, Mark88 said:

Shaping up to be a beautiful few days, low 20s and low humidity are my favourite, although I'm still waiting for a thunderstorm . 

Had 2 thunder storms this year, I eagerly await a third, then send it your way.  If only l could.

Posted
41 minutes ago, iand61 said:

Clear blue sky, light breeze and getting pretty warm here.

No doubt the usual honeypots will be busy with visitors today but TBH the scenery in the Rossendale Valley takes some beating on days like these and thankfully I can enjoy it by leaving the car behind and walking from my front door.

Nice to hear. Looks like a few more good days to come as well.  Nice part of the world when the sun shineS !

C

Edited by carinthian
  • Like 3

Posted

Just reached 22c here.

i can just about remember holidays abroad and maybe some day I can enjoy one again but this sort of temperature suits me fine.

anyway the grass is cut so time to crack open a cold