Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion 30 Jan 2019 onwards

damianslaw

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

A light covering of hail/ graupel here. It's not gonna be enough to make a snowman though.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold

Time-lapse of Tuesday's weather.

Just had a light hail shower here, currently 7c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Sunshine most the day today. Not too bad in the shelter at 9C but chilly in the wind. Surfaces are getting very dry again like clockwork 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

Just had light but big flakes snow shower

20200330_072712.jpg

Posted

A mainly cloud cool day, some bursts of sunshine this morning and later on in the evening, temps maxed out at just 10 degrees, briefly, and with a chill wind, a day to wrap up.

Tomorrow looks a carbon copy but should feel a little milder, with a less cold air source.

Might see our first bit of rain for over 2 weeks mid-week.. 

Posted

Rather boring, uninspiring, cloudy weather at the moment. A cold NE breeze yesterday, with temps struggling to get into double digits. Much calmer today though, so not feeling as cold.

Temps forecast to turn milder by the weekend, with 16°C forecast on Sunday, however the wind direction will be South to South Westerly which will probably mean (for us) more cloud and the possibility of rain or showers at times. However, it will also mean milder nights as it will be a Tropical Maritime airmass rather than high pressure right over the top of the country.

Currently 11°C with 63% humidity according to outdoor sensor.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by East Lancs Rain

Posted

As expected similiar to yesterday, a clear sky and sunshine to start, becoming cloudy by later morning and staying overcast remainder of the day. Still a cold feel as well, temps around the 8-9 mark.

Outlook looks preety dull has to be said, might see a splash or two of rain early on Thursday something not seen for quite some time. Becoming milder over the weekend, but the shift in wind direction does us no favours, low cloud and dankness will prevail.

Posted

BBC Weather app is forecasting sunny intervals and highs of 17°C for me on Sunday. Let's hope it comes off!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold

When I went out to work this morning at about 7:25am,it was raining here in Wigan which I wasn't expecting ,however tonight when I returned one of the cars (my son's who is in Australia)on our drive was covered in what is usually termed saharan dust,where did it come from ,I thought the wind was from a N/NW direction...any ideas folks?065.thumb.JPG.551cc17845173121cda8dd5724435eeb.JPG

Posted
3 hours ago, Spurry said:

When I went out to work this morning at about 7:25am,it was raining here in Wigan which I wasn't expecting ,however tonight when I returned one of the cars (my son's who is in Australia)on our drive was covered in what is usually termed saharan dust,where did it come from ,I thought the wind was from a N/NW direction...any ideas folks?065.thumb.JPG.551cc17845173121cda8dd5724435eeb.JPG

I don't know. Maybe pollen?

• Like 1

Posted

Well it's back to what we had through most of the winter this morning. Overcast, drizzly rain, windy, currently 9°C. ? Sigh.

Posted

Wind really getting up here now. Currently sunny intervals, 10.8°C. ⛅

Posted

First douse of rain for over 2 weeks here this morning, nothing substantive but enough to create some puddles on the roads/driveways. Still cold feeling. Tomorrow looking decidedly chilly after a frost. Overcast with some patchy spells of rain at times.

Posted

Waiting for the warmth to arrive here still, temp currently sat at 9 degrees, thanks to alot of cloud cover, and only expected to hit 10 degrees, which is fractionally below our April average.

Yesterday was cold, maxed out at 8 degrees, and there was snow on the fells.

Tomorrow, is expected to be much warmer, 17 degrees which will feel very good, especially under an increasingly strengthening warm sunshine, however, the wind will temper the feel of things somewhat.

Looking forward to next week and promise of more warm sunny weather, hopefully clear skies at times as we had last week.

Posted
8 hours ago, damianslaw said:

maxed

8 hours ago, damianslaw said:

Waiting for the warmth to arrive here still, temp currently sat at 9 degrees, thanks to alot of cloud cover, and only expected to hit 10 degrees, which is fractionally below our April average.

Yesterday was cold, maxed out at 8 degrees, and there was snow on the fells.

Tomorrow, is expected to be much warmer, 17 degrees which will feel very good, especially under an increasingly strengthening warm sunshine, however, the wind will temper the feel of things somewhat.

Looking forward to next week and promise of more warm sunny weather, hopefully clear skies at times as we had last week.

Interesting that your temps are so low. Reached 12°C here yesterday and Thursday, and 14°C today, though it has been mostly cloudy. Not seen any snow since end of Feb.

Though my temperature sensor may be slightly over-doing the temps.

The forecast temperatures have gone up since I last checked the BBC weather app, now forecasting 19°C for tommorow so summer-like  temperatures and plenty of sunshine and highs between 13-19°C all next week with barely any rain. Doesn't get much better than that.

Just a shame so many will be stuck indoors due to self-isolation, the good weather has come at the wrong time really.

Edited by East Lancs Rain

Posted
36 minutes ago, CongletonHeat said:

Completely cloudy here, so much for the warm sunny day.

I noticed this band of cloud consistently on the models but didn't think much of it with BBC and Met office both going for cloudless skies up to tonight. Well even here in the Midlands it arrived at about 10am this morning. Day 2 of this "sunny spell" ruined as well.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

An amazing day with frequent sunny intervals, windy though. Currently 20.6°C so a bit warmer than expected.

Posted
On 01/04/2020 at 22:52, East Lancs Rain said:

I don't know. Maybe pollen?

Edited by Spurry

Posted
3 hours ago, Chris.R said:

An amazing day with frequent sunny intervals, windy though. Currently 20.6°C so a bit warmer than expected.

Cloudy here all day until about 5pm when the sun made an appearance, really disappointing after expecting a lot more sun and warmth

Posted

Warm and breezy day, the day started off sunny but the sun quickly turned hazy with high cloud later on.

Temp maxed out at 22°C according to outdoor sensor but I reckon it's over-doing it as it didn't feel as warm as that.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

20.9°C was the max in the end. I expect the foehn effect was the reason for the high temperature and sun today here.

Posted
11 hours ago, CongletonHeat said:

Completely cloudy here, so much for the warm sunny day.

Looking on the bright side, it might have stopped some people from going outside and further spreading the virus. At least it was still quite warm and stayed dry which is something.