Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion 30 Jan 2019 onwards

damianslaw

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.
24 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

4 years ago

Had a dumping here that day but quickly turned to rain.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

No snow at all that winter and the next one likewise.

Posted

March seems to have got off to a decent start.  Nice to feel the benefit of true daylight hours not being cut short by endless grey cloud coverage.  Also noticing the sun gaining strength.  Saw a robin on my way to work this morning, not seen one for a very long time, made me smile from the inside out.

• Like 3

Posted

A lovely sunny morning after a  frost, welcome return of blue skies and sunshine combined with no wind, made it feel early spring like. However, there was a definate nip in the air still, and as soon as the clouds invaded around lunchtime it felt preety raw and cold. Another frost tonight. The last 2 weeks have been consistently chilly here, near and perhaps even a little below normal temp wise, something we've not been able to say since mid November.

• Like 3

Posted

The fourth frosty morning of the working week here, that's better than anything we've had all winter.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

Signing off til December, Winter 19/20 you have been an absolute joke 0/10.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Lovely days today and yesterday. Temperature comfortable, hovering around high single digits, maxing out around 10C yesterday for a short time, felt amazing in that spring sunshine. We have lacked the sun so much this winter...

• Like 6

Posted
5 hours ago, Day 10 said:

Signing off til December, Winter 19/20 you have been an absolute joke 0/10.

Bye pal all the best 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold

Bloody raining here , where's that come from

• Like 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, Spurry said:

Bloody raining here , where's that come from

The clouds

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold
18 minutes ago, itsnowjoke said:

The clouds

• Like 1

Posted
12 hours ago, Spurry said:

just kidding with ya

• Like 1

Posted

Roll on winter how boring it is on here now 

Posted

Another unsettled weekend, 5 in a row now.. hoping for an upturn in fortunes soon, the effects of over 4 months of gloom, certainly wears you down at this stage of the year. In a months time with the clocks going forward it feels very different, just 3 weeks to go when we can shake off the final stages of winter (I very much rank March a winters month in Cumbria.).

October - March - the dark side of the year.

April - September - the brighter side of the year.

Edited by damianslaw
  • Like 4

Posted

Been quite a nice day today just got a bit breezy about 2pm

• Like 1

Posted

Sunny all morning,just had a heavy shower with hail,sun is back out now

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

It’s a day of sunshine and showers today. It’s crazy really, days like this have been so rare this winter just gone, despite how low pressure driven it was. But what’s crazy is, the sun feels and looks so strong now, it actually FEELS springlike and I love it. I can put up with a little more unsettled mush. As long as it’s out of the way by May, my favourite month of the year. 

Edited by Backtrack
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold
1 hour ago, Backtrack said:

It’s a day of sunshine and showers today. It’s crazy really, days like this have been so rare this winter just gone, despite how low pressure driven it was. But what’s crazy is, the sun feels and looks so strong now, it actually FEELS springlike and I love it. I can put up with a little more unsettled mush. As long as it’s out of the way by May, my favourite month of the year. 

Not had any showers yet here. Just sunny intervals and a moderate westerly breeze. Temp 9°C. Not bad for early March really. Yesterday was pleasant as well, mild and sunny morning, dry and cloudy afternoon, high of around 12°C. Moderate South Westerly breeze. No rain until after dark. This weekend (and the last few days) it has actually turned out better than forecast (my weather app was forecasting rain yesterday for today). Quite unusual that.

Still a tiny slither of snow on top of Pendle, left over from last week, very stubborn to melt for some reason.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by East Lancs Rain
  • Like 2

Posted
On 6 March 2020 at 15:45, Backtrack said:

Lovely days today and yesterday. Temperature comfortable, hovering around high single digits, maxing out around 10C yesterday for a short time, felt amazing in that spring sunshine. We have lacked the sun so much this winter...

Yeah I have definitely noticed a difference this week. Definitely feels like Spring is here, despite upper air temps being a bit below average this week.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

I've just come back from Ramsbottom after a day at the ELR Where there was some interesting weather. There have been showers all day,, slowly getting heavier as insolation peaked. There were 2 rainbows; one in early afternoon and one just before I left at 5. The very intense shower that occur just before 5 gave  lightning just to the east after passing over Ramsbottom Which annoyed me as it waited until passing me to do it. Then on the way back we passed through another heavy shower which again produced lightning to the east, this time even closer to Ramsbottom. Lightning avoids me, it happens all the time. Anyway an interesting early-season convective day. Looks like nothing happened in Liverpool as per usual in a W flow.

Edited by Chris.R
  • Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, Chris.R said:

I just come back from Ramsbottom after a day at the ELR. There have been showers all day,, slowly getting heavier as insolation peaked. There were 2 rainbows; one in early afternoon and one just before I left at 5. The very intense shower that occur just before 5 gave  lightning just to the east after passing over Ramsbottom Which annoyed me as it waited until passing me to do it. Then on the way back we passed through another heavy shower which again produced lightning to the east, this time even closer to Ramsbottom. Lightning avoids me, it happens all the time. Anyway an interesting early-season convective day. Looks like nothing happened to Liverpool as per usual in a W flow.

Strange as just 20 miles north its stayed dry pretty much all day here. Just had a brief but heavy rain/hail shower around 6 pm. Back to mostly clear skies now though. Plenty of sunshine too. Must have just got lucky today.

I quite like a Westerly flow, esspecially in Spring/Summer. Tends to bring a lot of sunny, coolish, breezy type weather. A SW flow though, that's a different story. Thick cloud, gloomy, ugh.

• Like 1