Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion 30 Jan 2019 onwards

damianslaw

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All
50 minutes ago, Chris.R said:

I am afraid the WRF has now dropped the snow risk completely. I knew  it was too good to be true.

Is that for you near the Irish sea or for our region in general.?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days
21 minutes ago, Had Worse said:

Is that for you near the Irish sea or for our region in general.?

Most of the region, anyone below 400 M basically

May correct back again later..

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

BBC app shows the low Centre tracking somewhere over the west country and precip not really Reaching us; whereas the WRF 6Z I mentioned earlier seems to have the low tracking across Cumbria. Somewhere in the middle would be good.

Posted
6 minutes ago, itsnowjoke said:

Just had my third hail shower 

You really should get your boiler sorted lol

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

A hefty hail shower just rattled through here.

• Like 1

Posted

Frequent hail showers today out in the Oldham area.  Some quite spicy but never really settling on the ground for long.  Wind, rain, slush and Hail will be the not so fond memories of Winter 19/20.  Nothing to step outside in your welly boots and sink 1 foot into soft powdery snow....oh the memories of 2010/11 & 13 and the easterly beast of 18.

Edited by dodge

Posted
48 minutes ago, Chris.R said:

Speaking of... I discovered the edge of the shower tray was leaking via a small hole in the sealant.

The good news.. the hole has been sealed.

The bad news... the floorboards are rotten and it going to be a pig of a job to replace them without taking the shower tray out.

When you haven't got any money and the insurance excess is £250, you have to make do and mend.

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, Chris.R said:

Well it’s four now and I’ve been in three of them

• Like 1

Posted
21 minutes ago, Had Worse said:

Speaking of... I discovered the edge of the shower tray was leaking via a small hole in the sealant.

The good news.. the hole has been sealed.

The bad news... the floorboards are rotten and it going to be a pig of a job to replace them without taking the shower tray out.

When you haven't got any money and the insurance excess is £250, you have to make do and mend.

That’s what happened in my bathroom drip drip without realising and the kitchen started to get damp all caused by the bathroom and insurance wouldn’t pay out either said I had left it to long I said I thought the damp was coming from outside as the kitchen and bathroom are only single skin extensions but one year later I finally have a new kitchen and the same bathroom but had to replace joists and floor boards as I would of been bathing on my cooker 

• Like 1

Posted
3 hours ago, Chris.R said:

BBC app shows the low Centre tracking somewhere over the west country and precip not really Reaching us; whereas the WRF 6Z I mentioned earlier seems to have the low tracking across Cumbria. Somewhere in the middle would be good.

Good news. The WRF 12Z has corrected south with the low now looking like passing through Powys/Shropshire and the north of our region seeing Rain to snow. My location would be right on the border of marginality with places to the South seeing rain and snow in only the heavier bursts later. Could do with a little bit further south to get rid of the marginality in the T850s  and to bring that snowline further south. Quite an interesting atmospheric profile though with dramatic cooling at all levels and a textbook evaporative cooling event. Still 2 days away though.

• Like 1

Posted

Snowing in near Leeds Bradford large flakes...will anything of interest pop this forum back to life later this morning? 

Posted

Light snizzle shower, not enthralled though.

Wednesday starting to look interesting. BBC stopped short on breakfast forecast for that evening. An hour later, it showed a rain/ snow mix and the caveat was uncertainty.

Posted

Drip drip it snowed but then melted and it’s the first time in a long time I’ve looked at the met office and there’s no warnings in force 

Edited by itsnowjoke

Posted

Heavy sleet here, could be quite interesting on the tops at 300m plus 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

A lovely sunny day yesterday, but still technically not a dry day, as it rained before midnight.

Sleety rain today, so it's back to normality. I see the dry, bright signal for the rest of the week has been replaced with cloud and rain too. The worst weather I can ever remember, for such a long period. Really getting me down now.

Posted

WRF Continuing to correct South with Wednesdays low now going through south Wales; only problem is Hardly any precip is shown here which worries me.

Posted

Beautiful blue skies in Liverpool. 

You can feel the warmth off the sun when the wind dies down.

IMG_20200303_142630.jpg

IMG_20200303_142212.jpg

• Like 3

Posted

I recorded a UV index of 3.0 on my weather station earlier for the first time this year. Exciting.
Solar irradiance at the time was 528 WM²

Edited by Chris.R

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Interesting ??️?️??️
3 hours ago, Backtrack said:

A lovely sunny day yesterday, but still technically not a dry day, as it rained before midnight.

Sleety rain today, so it's back to normality. I see the dry, bright signal for the rest of the week has been replaced with cloud and rain too. The worst weather I can ever remember, for such a long period. Really getting me down now.

Looking from afar at my old stomping ground, not sure I've seen a wetter winter, while us in Murcia have just experienced a very warm and Dry Feb, with no significant rainfall