Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion 30 Jan 2019 onwards

damianslaw

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

Snow quickly melted away, pretty much gone by about mid day. In terms of tomorrow it's just not going to cold enough for any snow below about 250-300m. The timing of the band won't help either with it arriving late morning.

• Like 2

Posted
2 hours ago, Frost HoIIow said:

Snow quickly melted away, pretty much gone by about mid day. In terms of tomorrow it's just not going to cold enough for any snow below about 250-300m. The timing of the band won't help either with it arriving late morning.

I agree, I'm not holding my breath for any snow, if it falls, it will only be to look at on the hills surrounding Macc.  Now we have storm Jorge to look forward to bringing gusty rain. My thoughts are now looking towards spring, with some decent prolonged dry spells and the start of a good season of some brilliant convective activity.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

WRF 12Z another downgrade for tomorrow. That's it now, all over. Another winter in the past 5 years with no snow, that's 3 out of 5.

• Like 2

Posted
16 minutes ago, Chris.R said:

WRF 12Z another downgrade for tomorrow. That's it now, all over. Another winter in the past 5 years with no snow, that's 3 out of 5.

I really would not lose sleep over transient snow in any case, all that said, it's been a terrible winter for the majority of the UK and since moving down here, Summer has become my favourite season. Hopefully 2020 can be a warm to hot summer. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

We’ve had a day of rain and hail showers. So still not a dry day. I don’t remember the last one 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

Frontal snow still possible tomorrow?

I'll never learn...

1.thumb.gif.e128d287c5754743461e45b5eed7d8f0.gif2.thumb.gif.d74453cb9a09d3401d98520b7686a021.gif3.thumb.gif.2da375a537b3f3a7232f435f14f4c5e2.gif4.thumb.gif.c6883540ce6b1f79b55d3224e6b89742.gif

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All
2 hours ago, Chris.R said:

Come from the dark side. Get yourself a Cheshire day ranger 

RAILROVER.ORG

How to find rail rover and railway ranger tickets on the national rail network. Rover tickets are cheap tickets for rail travel

and you can get up to Hadfield and Glossop where you will be converted to the white side.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms
17 minutes ago, Had Worse said:

Come from the dark side. Get yourself a Cheshire day ranger 

RAILROVER.ORG

How to find rail rover and railway ranger tickets on the national rail network. Rover tickets are cheap tickets for rail travel

and you can get up to Hadfield and Glossop where you will be converted to the white side.

lol

Posted

Cold and frosty out with some dregs of snow left from this morning.

• Like 2

Posted
5 minutes ago, carl1980 said:

Our road has just been gritted

Ours definitely hasn't, its a cul de sac.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Way colder than forecast at this point. Hovering around 2C

• Like 2

Posted

Good to see the sunshine today, and a mostly dry day! a rarity this year so far.. fells looking excellent cloaked white against the blue sky. We may see some wet snow falling again tomorrow morning, ending was will have been quite a cold wintry end to February, any settling snow most likely above about 300 metres,but could be temporary cover on lower ground for a time.

Unfortunately a bout of heavy rain will fall thereafter and yet again another unsettled weekend beckons. Hoping next week deliver more in the way of calm dry sunny cold weather with a few bouts of heavy snow and hard frosts. Its not the worse winter for cold, but another poor one, not as bad as 13/14 and 15/16.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
1 hour ago, damianslaw said:

Good to see the sunshine today, and a mostly dry day! a rarity this year so far.. fells looking excellent cloaked white against the blue sky. We may see some wet snow falling again tomorrow morning, ending was will have been quite a cold wintry end to February, any settling snow most likely above about 300 metres,but could be temporary cover on lower ground for a time.

Unfortunately a bout of heavy rain will fall thereafter and yet again another unsettled weekend beckons. Hoping next week deliver more in the way of calm dry sunny cold weather with a few bouts of heavy snow and hard frosts. Its not the worse winter for cold, but another poor one, not as bad as 13/14 and 15/16.

Yes this Winter could have been worse. Could have been much better too. For March I'm not hunting for warmth. It's a bit pointless anyway as it's rarely if ever a warm month. Exceptions like the freak warmth of March 2012 can happen but very rare. To me most of the month still feels quite wintry. I reckon Spring kicks more into gear once the trees begin to come into leaf in April & the days really begin to draw out. The sun starts to have more bite to it then as well. Usually that's when I begin to get a bit red from sun exposure.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Am I missing something? 1c and -1dp here in Sale when 3c was expected at this time.. and now the euro4 showing this?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.
21 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

Wettest Februarys on record for region (mm)

196  (up to 26th Feb)

158.7 1990

155.4 2002

150.6 1937

150.3 1894

Wow.. Almost certain to break 200mm mark. Incredible. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: LP - Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards

Nowcast 06:52

Approaching Sleety front. Cheshire Streamer? 

E7210357-C951-40F8-ACEE-B8225D973828.thumb.jpeg.6fa0d35b1624057edb0472747669ce96.jpeg