Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion 30 Jan 2019 onwards

damianslaw

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

Woke up to green/brown once again.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny summers, cold & snowy winters
6 hours ago, I Cumbria Marra I said:

Heavy sleet, no chance of snow here tonight. Ok if you live 200M ASL maybe but very surprised the whole north west coast is in the warning zone.

I think it's difficult when they put out a combined snow & ice warning, as it begins to set expectations. Being fair to the MetO, I would say that the wording was clear about snow settling to above c. 200m, and showers falling as rain, hail & snow, snow mainly over higher ground. Seems to be what's happened overnight - albeit disappointing to see wet pavements!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

A series of hail showers in the night here rattling against the windows. No covering though. Metoffice mentions possibility of rain and snow for Southern parts of the region later tonight. 

Posted

Slush on the car tops, grassy verges, and bin lids...winds have switched more to a north westerly and just now having more of a wintry mix but nothing to get too excited about.  A few A-roads over the tops have been affected.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

Torrential sleet here now. Just not quite cold enough.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

Met Office app showing Heavy snow for three hours tommorow from 5am-7am here in Clayton-le-Woods.

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, pip22 said:

Met Office app showing Heavy snow for three hours tommorow from 5am-7am here in Clayton-le-Woods.

metoffice app tells more lies than  D Trump.

Another epic fail locally, maybe a better chance later tonight ..

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
10 minutes ago, pip22 said:

eeeerrrrrrrrr doubt it ??‍♂️??‍♂️

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

Looks dark to the west

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Kept awake much of the night last night by interchanging heavy rain and hail showers. Pretty wet this morning. As I type another heavy shower is incoming it seems

Posted

A light dusting on some surfaces - fells looking resplendent in a deep white cloak down to valley level - probably only the second time could say this, this season. This evening and overnight could deliver more significant snow showers, precipitation than last night over the Lake District, flow looks more unstable and ripe for trough formation. A nice day ahead at last the sun should be out quite alot inbetween any wintry showers.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

Matt Hugo just tweeted tommorow's weather.

Matt Hugo

@MattHugo81 2m

Euro4 seems to be providing a decent guide for overnight. Still uncertainties over the frontal snowfall risk, but as I see it then definitely a risk into early Thu, while a second area is again into NW England and N Wales with more showers overnight.

image.thumb.png.7343082d521d2cfe2eecae2a6cb4181b.png

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Went as I expected then, oh well.

I do see a chance of snow tomorrow morning though, the best chance of the week so far; probably the last chance as well going by GFS.

Posted

Just had a light rain shower

Posted

We had a thin covering of snow on Winter Hill at midnight, which had started to disappear by 6 am and is now nearly gone from roads or pavements.  The showers in a brisk wind continue, coming down as snow, sleet or rain and not settling.  A sunny interval would be nice.

Posted
3 hours ago, Day 10 said:

Soaking wet here, 20-30 years ago would be very different! We all need to live by Will on the hill these days in this setup. 

Slush fest 2020 here.... 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

The rain just keeps on coming. It’s like being force fed a meal that you absolutely loathe..but the worst of it is that you have to endure it  day after seemingly never ending day.

Yellow warning my Arsenal. No snow, and most certainly no ice. Just lots and lots of water!

Edited by Carl46Wrexham

Posted
1 minute ago, Carl46Wrexham said:

The rain just keeps on coming. It’s like being force fed a meal that you absolutely loathe..but the worst of it is that you have to endure it  day after seemingly never ending day.

Yellow warning my Arsenal.

A bit like reading your posts every hour or so.

It been a mild very wet winter and no amount of moaning will change that. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms
10 minutes ago, Chris.R said:

Went as I expected then, oh well.

I do see a chance of snow tomorrow morning though, the best chance of the week so far; probably the last chance as well going by GFS.

A continuation of the same theme cannot  see any chance of snow tonight it's all to marginal DP of 0-1  more hail and sleet would be the form horse.

C.S

Posted
25 minutes ago, pip22 said:

Matt Hugo just tweeted tommorow's weather.

Matt Hugo

@MattHugo81 2m

Euro4 seems to be providing a decent guide for overnight. Still uncertainties over the frontal snowfall risk, but as I see it then definitely a risk into early Thu, while a second area is again into NW England and N Wales with more showers overnight.

image.thumb.png.7343082d521d2cfe2eecae2a6cb4181b.png

Considering the 850s actually rise to -5C when the system moves in and then dip to the current -6/-7 as it moves away, I can't see any snow away from high ground. Dew points hover around 0, but then dew points were -2 here an hour ago and it was raining.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms
4 minutes ago, frosty ground said:

A bit like reading your posts every hour or so.

It been a mild very wet winter and no amount of moaning will change that. 

Ignore them then. 

• Like 2

Posted

Been an absolute  shat winter.

Worse one ever for me. Even 88/89 had some let up at times re wind and especially  rain.

Edited by joggs