Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion 30 Jan 2019 onwards

damianslaw

Posted
20 hours ago, Carl46Wrexham said:

Blue skies and sunshine...for a change! Feels like a day in March, seeing the daffodils sprouting out of the ground doesn’t help!

Meh!

Early-blooming plants are going to face problems later in the season if cold finally arrives. But of course only coldies should feel bad about their weather preferences.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Yesterday promised blue skies and sunshine. Instead, we had a Christmas Day of temperatures of around 8C, with rain on and off all day really. Absolute rubbish.

Can't see anything remotely wintry on offer for the next 3-4 weeks. Wouldn't surprise me now if we had another snowless winter. The pattern we have seemingly been locked into for the past few months is disgusting. Feels like the same one that ruined Summer 2019 for me too. Warm yes, sunshine, no.

Hopefully the Met Office's promise of a high pressure dominated 'colder' spell in January comes into fruition.

• Like 4

Posted

I'm back here over Christmas so of course there's nothing of interest. The deep oranges and browns on the charts have been following me around Europe all season so far. I leave on the 10th next month, so you might get some cold weather then. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
15 minutes ago, itsnowjoke said:

Going bed now bored as.....

Think yourself lucky, I went watching Burnley

• Like 2

Posted
15 minutes ago, iand61 said:

Think yourself lucky, I went watching Burnley

Think yourself lucky you don’t live there

what was the score

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
1 minute ago, itsnowjoke said:

Think yourself lucky you don’t live there

what was the score

2-0 and not to us.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, iand61 said:

2-0 and not to us.

Oh well you can’t win em all 

Posted
10 minutes ago, itsnowjoke said:

Oh well you can’t win em all 

True but it would be nice to occasionally beat them

• Like 1

Posted

Morning all.  Dry at the moment, a bit cloudy but I can see blue sky, feeling mild, app temp reading 7°.  Apparently tomorrow we will be in double figures. Had a drinks, cheese and quiz night last night, one of the questions was asking which month in 2018 was Britain covered in a blanket of snow as a result of  'the beast from the east'?.  You are now probably mentally mumbling the answer to yourself.  Been a pleasant Christmas,  and I've no plans yet for New Years eve.  Anybody making any unusual resolutions this year?

• Like 1

Posted

Experiencing a very benign period of weather at the moment - during what is more typically a very unsettled often stormy time. Very little wind to stir the air, making for misty conditions. Not feeling especially mild, temps maxing around 7-9 degree mark, but very usable weather overall.

Yesterday evening brought a clearance and consequently temps dropped to 3 degrees with a temp inversion of sorts, but then cloud quickly enveloped and temps rose through the later hours.

Quite enjoying the stillness of everything adding to the general still feeling you get in mid winter. Weather is certainly not in a mood to make the headlines at the moment.

• Like 2

Posted
18 hours ago, Rush2112 said:

Morning all.  Dry at the moment, a bit cloudy but I can see blue sky, feeling mild, app temp reading 7°.  Apparently tomorrow we will be in double figures. Had a drinks, cheese and quiz night last night, one of the questions was asking which month in 2018 was Britain covered in a blanket of snow as a result of  'the beast from the east'?.  You are now probably mentally mumbling the answer to yourself.  Been a pleasant Christmas,  and I've no plans yet for New Years eve.  Anybody making any unusual resolutions this year?

Unusual resolutions

yes not to do Christmas and not get excited about the weather this time of year

• Like 2