Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion 30 Jan 2019 onwards

damianslaw

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold
18 hours ago, dodge said:

Typical isn't it... firing up like fireworks on steriods over to the east... but we've got lots of drizzle-laden filth barreling towards us from the west that will no doubt sit over us tomorrow and turn into persistent heavy rain.

I gave up on our climate a while ago. It’s just really crap, dreary and depressing most of the time. I’ve been to other parts of the UK and the weather is nearly always better or more to my liking. Got to be the worst region for weather except for perhaps the outer Hebrides or the far north of Scotland. I think we should all just abandon this crap hole so the RAF can use it for bombing practise.

Posted

Sunday - 29° and Sunny

Three days later - 16° Dark gloomy cloud and rain

Seems like we’ve either had boiling hot sunny weather or chilly wet weather this Summer, no happy medium, alough the first three weeks of July were okay. I’d be much happier with some cool, dry and cloudy or some cool, dry and sunny weather for September.

Edited by East Lancs Rain

Posted

As what usually happens the weather has dried up and the sky has cleared just as it gets dark...

Felt really chilly and damp outside after the cold front passed today. Supposed to be a nice sunny breezy day tommorow before the next weather system arrives on Friday.

Posted

19°C, Mostly Cloudy with a fresh South-Westerly wind. Ahhhhh, that's more like it.  Finally a normal summers day!  ☁️

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

Wonderful fresh day today. Feels a bit Autumnal. Better than that humid muck.

• Like 1

Posted

Well it feels like we have switched from summer to autumn overnight.

Freezing cold this morning, an arctic chill to the air. Now a case of sunny intervals and blustery showers, just as forecast, and still feeling very cool for the time of year.

Hopefully things will warm up later this week.

Posted

It's dark, chilly and wet out there now, I pitty anyone who has to walk the dog out in this.

Posted
7 minutes ago, East Lancs Rain said:

It's dark, chilly and wet out there now, I pitty anyone who has to walk the dog out in this.

Or people who get walked by the dog haha I've seen a fair few of them.

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Frost HoIIow said:

Or people who get walked by the dog haha I've seen a fair few of them.

It’s happened to my mum lol she has a Doberman/Rockviller cross, he used to pull like mad. He once pulled her over when he was just 6 months old. Remember it well.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
8 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

Provisionally the 12th wettest summer on record. 

at least better than 1st to 11th wettest, hasn't been too bad here just fairly average summer, rain is expected hot spells are not, away from SE

Posted

Cloudy day, very cool and windy at 13°C, typical September weather these days.

Posted

Raining now, temp 13°. More like October weather. A few days ago the bbc weather app was forecasting today to be dry with sunny intervals and 15/16°. 

Why are we getting such poor weather at the moment?

I've checked the forecast for other places and they are warmer, drier and they have more sunshine (today I haven't had any).

London for example is currently partly cloudy and 20°. Penzance is mostly cloudy and 17°. Heck, even up in the north east it's warmer, Whitley Bay up in Tyneside (where my mum comes from) is at 16° and even Edinburgh is at 15°. Even windy Barmouth I'm Wales where I was on holiday a couple of weeks ago is 16°.

The forecast for the rest of the week is very uninspiring - mostly cloud and rain with temps around 14/15°. And yet a week ago we were all boiling with temps in the high 20's.

Thats the problem with this region - it's overcast, chilly and damp most of the time, but on the rare occasions when the sun does come out - the temperature soars and we all melt because we're used to it being chilly and wet. At least if I lived in the South East I could actually acclimatise to the heat but here I just can't. 

The weather really is a joke round here - it's either got to be boiling hot and cloudless skies or gloomy, wet and miserable - no happy medium. If you look at weather stats/averages , it won't look too bad as a few days of high 20's temps will balance out weeks of temps in the low teens, but of course it won't feel that way as a few hot days doesn't make a summer.

So annoying as when we had that hot weather a week ago, those same places that I mentioned above (apart from the south east) were getting cooler more comfortable weather, whereas here it was hot and humid and too hot to go outside (for me at least).

Wheras if I lived somewhere like Cornwall it would be 17-19°C most days between May and September with lots of sunshine and not that much rain (they get most of their rain in the winter unlike here).

Its currently 18° in my house right now, and if it gets any colder, I shall be having to put the heating on - my neighbours have already got theirs on.

And I was just looking forward to some nice cool and sunny September weather - you know, like we used to get. I'm not asking for much, 15-18° with some sunny spells and a gentle breeze would suit me fine. But we can't even manage that.

I will be moving out of this craphole as soon as possible before I get depression. I feel like hibernating.

Rant Over!

Posted

Certainly seems like now we've hit meteorological Autumn it actually does feel like Autumn all of a sudden. I don't mind as it's certainly better than sweating all the time with that humid mucky air from the south. Really hope we get a decent Winter. Apart from 2018's double beast from the east it hasn't been all that exciting since 2013 really. Apart from 2018 certainly devoid of any lengthy notable cold spells.

Looking at some early insights into this coming Winter it does look promising up to now. But I think even with good background signals things can & do go wrong. Let's hope the pieces of the puzzle fit perfectly together this time round.

Edited by Frost HoIIow
  • Like 1

Posted

Overcast and drizzly today but at least it’s been a bit warmer, temps have reached the high teens.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

Crazy how much rain we've had in the last 4 weeks, the river hasn't been far off breaking its banks on numerous occasions.

• Like 1

Posted

Wet and windy again. ?  What's going on??? 

Isnt the sun supposed to come out now the kids have gone back to school? 

• Like 1

Posted

Coldish (6.4c) sunny morning hurrah managed to completely empty garage out and sort it for winter...wood ordered and sorted and three tip runs... now cloudy and 14c... will we have a dry day? Tomorrow looks quite wet as does Monday but weekend not looking too bad hazzah

Posted

Finally a day that actually resembles September. A dry day with a mixture of sunshine and clouds and light winds, a cool feel to the air but feeling pleasant in the sunshine. ⛅️ 

Its felt more like late October than early September this week.

Posted

Well after an overcast rainy day, the weathers done it’s usual thing of the sky clearing just as it’s getting dark. I’ve noticed this happening quite a lot recently. It’s cloudy all day, then the sky clears at sunset, then during the night/early morning the cloud begins to come back again. Anyone know why this happens?