Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion 30 Jan 2019 onwards

damianslaw

Posted

Peak district taking a lot of oomph out of these showers as they pass over here... just a spell of moderate rain but no thunder and the radar shows the heavy dark echoes subsiding alot once they get over the hills to the east...completely the opposite to Sunday's rain which fed the moisture and kept in situ for much of the day....bit more lively further north.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

Seen a few flashes and loud thunder now, rains not as heavy as the radar suggests.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

Seen some nice cc lightning overhead

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold

Just a light shower about 1 hour ago here,now quite bright again, definitely sheltered by the Peaks/Pennines

Posted

Still rumbling away. could be more to come looking at the radar.

CEAFBB19-8047-440E-9A72-089089334C81.jpeg

189FBF9E-BD33-4C4A-96BA-365ECCDCD37C.jpeg

96DA5118-CDAB-42B7-AB9E-F850DFFEAFE8.jpeg

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

As predicted nothing here.. In fact aside from a light shower around 3 nothing at all. 

Posted

not heard thunder today, but some very thundery skies to my north west earlier that were pushing away as usual , too far to hear thunder , pity it wasn't night , as lightning would have been visible ,  a bust here for sure   , again , roll on autumn

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Not sure about the warning of thunderstorms but biblical rain here for the last half an hour.

looks like the dog will have to walk itself tonight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

Not heard any thunder at all today. Bit disappointed given the bullish warnings online & on TV. We seem to do much better when they're not expected 

Posted

Seems most of the North West t storms have been over sparsely populated  areas , ie the Irish sea , or northernmost moorlands , 

While Gtr Manchester, Merseyside etc not getting much thunder wise,  just moderate sporadic rain this afternoon 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny

Been lashing down for the last 2 hours here and no sign of it stopping soon, probably another 50 mm including yesterdays rain to go with all we had at the weekend.

Posted
5 hours ago, CongletonHeat said:

Been lashing down for the last 2 hours here and no sign of it stopping soon, probably another 50 mm including yesterdays rain to go with all we had at the weekend.

When I used to live in Congleton, the river Dane used to flood in various parts of the town, is the river posing any threats yet?

Posted

Well another day, another promise of thundery activity- reading the BBC text at any rate i won't hold my breath though!

The showery regime is set to continue with the risk of heavy downpours, frequent lightning, hail and gusty winds. Showery activity will tend to be generally be widespread.

Edited by northwestsnow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Big rain showers this morning. Rain bouncing off the ground but no thunder of course. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms
33 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

Well another day, another promise of thundery activity- reading the BBC text at any rate i won't hold my breath though!

The showery regime is set to continue with the risk of heavy downpours, frequent lightning, hail and gusty winds. Showery activity will tend to be generally be widespread.

I would take the BBC's warnings with a pinch of salt, as they had my area set out for 11 hours of potential thundery activity, and all that happened was that the time frame was constantly reduced, so the result was zero, other than 8 hours of rain.

• Like 1

Posted

Seriously the rain is starting to jaffa cakes me off now. Of course it has to be like this when I have taken 3 days holiday as well...I bet it will be nice tomorrow when I am back at work.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Been mainly dry here over the past couple of days. Nothing like forecast at all. Think we've been quite lucky after the weekend deluge!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: LP - Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards

Radar has stir-rod rain incoming soon - some loud returns.

Posted

Showers much more frequent and 'Torrential' at times here today, now the low has passed by too the north east switching the winds round to the west and we don't have the Peak district hills in the way from a south easterly... still no thunder...but plenty of rain.

Edited by dodge
  • Like 1

Posted
8 hours ago, northwestsnow said:

you know when they say frequent lightning its game over ,    same as humdingers

Posted

Never seen the Goyt flowing through Whaley Bridge as high as it's been today in all 29 years of living here with some businesses and homes affected. The Goytside Farm river-levels near New Mills show the Goyt has overtopped it's previous record high by just under a meter, and there's still a 12hr lapse to wait for run-off from the hills to make it's way down.

DSCF0733.thumb.JPG.4d2c85b9fed62bd202acd46c2281b0c0.JPGDSCF0736.thumb.JPG.014ec68804725b1c5bd25118f2196dee.JPGDSCF0753.thumb.JPG.fffd21d2d6013f82f744c5c6a58282de.JPGDSCF0759.thumb.JPG.1411a0f61db50f3af3d95e90c68c029c.JPGDSCF0760.thumb.JPG.dcf9cf1e34dba7bd845862a7ec88cbed.JPGDSCF0763.thumb.JPG.42ac0646f340cf8afceefde1baf2fe7a.JPG

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

RIDICULOUSLY HEAVY RAIN ALERT!

Edited by feb1991blizzard
  • Like 1