Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion 30 Jan 2019 onwards

damianslaw

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

7CF478C8-56FF-40C7-8588-E1057A04E1D6.thumb.gif.8b8c247ca087c29b145c2b1cbee43006.gif24BBDEF0-902A-4BE7-8FF6-9766958F299C.thumb.gif.35c28161c0121152af05e12120efe9e5.gif

I hope this doesn’t happen. Taking the tent to Cornwall on Sunday. Been praying for 4 months we get good weather. The outlook couldn’t be much worse. jaffa cakesed off. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

Metoffice weather warning issued for storms, tomorrow afternoon into overnight period. Round 2 anyone? 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Well last night was closer to a classic 90s light show than we've had for some time. Look at what we've been missing out on!

• Like 4

Posted
53 minutes ago, CreweCold said:

Well last night was closer to a classic 90s light show than we've had for some time. Look at what we've been missing out on!

Yes , had a decent storm here too...

Tomorrow evening could go bang as well.

• Like 2

Posted

A little disappointed with the show last night, seemed to all be about 16 miles either side of the coast here so no loud cracks of thunder or decent flashes of lightning, still it was better than nothing I suppose.

Now to hope tomorrow brings something better

Posted

Saw  a few infrequent elevated flashes over the ribble estuary way about 1230 ,  went to bed not long after at thinking that would be it ,main storms wont happen , after lying there for what seemed about an hour,  I started to hear the unmistakable grumbling sound of distant of thunder !   , looked south out of the landing window and saw spectacular IC purple forks lighting all the clouds around them , every 30 secs or so   , with another storm going on to the east giving frequent  distant blue flashes,  awful nights sleep though , feel ill now , but was worth it   

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Well after the fun and games of last night attention turns to tomorrows heat for my area I am going for a 32c a thing of the past by Friday as the cold front moves through Friday looking like a 14c drop in Temperature

C.S

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Sunny Summers/Cold Wintry Winters

Interesting Met Office forecasting some thundery showers tomorrow. Maybe a chance for something tomorrow afternoon in our area.

Edit : Severe and Moderate/Slight from Convective Weather http://www.convectiveweather.co.uk/forecast.php?date=2019-07-25

Edited by Summerstorm
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

Looks like another interesting day of weather. It will be like a typical summer day in Florida. Temp up to 35c with high humidity which will feel horribly uncomfortable if out and about. What is the temperature record for this region (July and overall)?

Hopefully we are rewarded with some decent storms again. Metoffice forecasting storms later this afternoon and continuing through the evening. Manchester Airport and Liverpool Airport also forecasting possibility of thunderstorms and heavy hail between 13:00 and 22:00. Convective Weather and UKWW also on board atm as well. Nothing from Estofex though.

Edited by Dexter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: wintry
1 minute ago, Dexter said:

Looks like another interesting day of weather. It will be like a typical summer day in Florida. Temp up to 35c with high humidity which will feel horribly uncomfortable if out and about. What is the temperature record for this region?

Hopefully we are rewarded with some decent storms again. Metoffice forecasting storms later this afternoon and continuing through the evening. Manchester Airport also forecasting possibility of thunderstorms and heavy hail between 13:00 and 22:00. Convective Weather and UKWW also on board atm as well. Nothing from Estofex though.

As long as my flight in from dusseldorf gets in ok it can do what it likes!!

Boss's car was reading 39C yesterday...too darn hot!

• Like 1

Posted

Keep this for prosperity, met office text forecast

Today:

Strong sunshine will bring a rapid rise in temperatures with much of the region becoming very hot. The heat and humidity will spark a scattering of thunderstorms through the afternoon, bringing heavy rain, frequent lightning, hail and gusty winds. Maximum temperature 35 °C.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Quite a cooling feel to things this morning by the coast with a strong breeze (entirely welcome) . Currently 20C. It will probably warm up fast though with potentially mid-high 20s here on the coast by mid afternoon then cooling rapidly thereafter. Hotter further east

Edited by SP1986

Posted
2 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

24C at Manchester airport, 30 minutes ago

Was just going to post the same.Kev

Incidentally do you know some of the regions Temperature records?

C.S

Posted

25c here now.... will get some early grass cutting and wood chipping done then I’m cleaning bathrooms and bedrooms for some guests arriving tomorrow and making two curries for tomorrow... hoping the rain holds off Saturday/Sunday but we’ll see...forecast unresolved...as Peak District forecast states...

estofex http://www.estofex.org/

level 2 warning for thunderstorms this afternoon with large to very large hail possibly a strong tornado....

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.
11 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

33.7C at Manchester Airport in 1990.

I think Liverpool or Crosby may have surpassed 34C in 2003 but today Manchester will be much warmer than Liverpool. One thing I noted about Manchester City centre is that it has an interesting UHI zone developing in parts of the centre. Liverpool City centre will never develop a UHI zone because of its proximity to the sea and the structure of the city is not built the way a traditional inland city is built. That means in the event of a changing climate, Manchester could end up being much warmer than Liverpool year round, whereas it used to be the other way around. 

Edited by SP1986
  • Like 1

Posted
13 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

27C at Manchester Airport. Incredible and its not even 10am

28 at 1000. Didn't see that coming. It was pleasant when I hung the washing outside at 8. I expect it's dry already.

11 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

Estofex level 2 slap bang over our region ...

:crazy:

Jeepers! Must get it in before that arrives.

Edited by alr1970

Posted
14 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

Estofex level 2 slap bang over our region ...

:crazy:

What is Estofex?

Genuine question I have no idea

C.S

Posted

23C here and fresh compared to other places! Pleasant day, sun's out.. Chance of a few showers later. Perfect summers day really