Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion 30 Jan 2019 onwards

damianslaw

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.
On 10/07/2019 at 23:34, Frost HoIIow said:

Looking like a borefest for the foreseeable too. Can't even get a decent thunderstorm these days. I thought with "climate change" we were supposed to get more extreme weather?

Actually back in the early 90's when forecasters were still mulling over who / what was causing the Atlantic driven winters with storms, there was a theory that in hundreds of years time we could just end up with warmer temperatures overall but between 12 and 17c max's with 7 or 8 mins all the year around in the UK

• Like 1

Posted

19c to 21c seems the best temps this summer can muster here,  and I bet the weather gods think we should be grateful for that ,  perhaps we should be , knowing how poor our summers can actually get  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 140f and sun

Hi there  I believe  this is my regional thread as I'm in Chorlton manchester  ,been up to the lake district  today for my first visit in  18 years , absolutely  stunning , how I've missed the UK,looking forward  to getting to know a few people  on my regional thread and in other areas ,thanks Bill

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms
10 minutes ago, bill monty said:

Hi there  I believe  this is my regional thread as I'm in Chorlton manchester  ,been up to the lake district  today for my first visit in  18 years , absolutely  stunning , how I've missed the UK,looking forward  to getting to know a few people  on my regional thread and in other areas ,thanks Bill

You certainly are in the correct place welcome.

A glorious day in South Cheshire unbroken sunshine with a high of 26.2c

C.S

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 140f and sun
1 hour ago, cheshire snow said:

You certainly are in the correct place welcome.

A glorious day in South Cheshire unbroken sunshine with a high of 26.2c

C.S

Thank you Cheshire  snow ,don't think the temperature  was that high but it was very pleasant

Posted

Got to 25c in Glossop....back home after a glorious month interailing around Europe....that furnace weather that hit France hit Italy whilst we were in Venice/Milan/Florence/ Pisa....got to 42c was sooo zapping... was in Stockport/ marple earlier at lunchtime said 27c on the car.....

Posted

16c rain/showers... 6mm of rain overnight... more to come looking at radar... driving down to tutbury near derby to visit friends this evening...then off to Stratford and leamington spa to surprise my husbands sister in law over from California for Sunday lunch....hopefully nicer weather for Sunday

Posted

Lovely garden-watering rain right now, setting up good soil moisture ready for the warm spell next week.

Posted

Torrential downpours has left my Garden under an inch of standing water some Thunder and lightning in the mix as well.

@alr19701970 35c next week I hope not but as always the weather will do what it wants to do

C.S

Edited by cheshire snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
3 hours ago, cheshire snow said:

Torrential downpours has left my Garden under an inch of standing water some Thunder and lightning in the mix as well.

@alr19701970 35c next week I hope not but as always the weather will do what it wants to do

C.S

Yes it was torrential here too. Roads flooded. Not seen rain that heavy in a fair while.

Posted

Pardon me for intruding, but there are reports of a tornado near Hale/Manchester airport. Any truth in them?

Posted
26 minutes ago, Crepuscular Ray said:

Pardon me for intruding, but there are reports of a tornado near Hale/Manchester airport. Any truth in them?

I believe this to be true and i have been told of damage to cars in the Hale area whole event lasted about 5 mins according to local reports 

C.S

Posted
43 minutes ago, Crepuscular Ray said:

Yep it's true.

When I heard about it I wasn't surprised in the slightest as conditions looked ripe even here when that cluster of activity moved through. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !
On 19/07/2019 at 22:23, cheshire snow said:

I believe this to be true and i have been told of damage to cars in the Hale area whole event lasted about 5 mins according to local reports 

C.S

A few damaged Bentayga’s and Range Rovers then ..!! Looking potentially wet in Lake District next 24 hours - just delayed trip by a day these moist sw winds can be so wet across the lakes .

Posted

Looks like we'll miss the highest temperatures here. Tuesday looking the hottest day with 30, maybe 31 possible.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: wintry
4 hours ago, Badgers01 said:

A few damaged Bentayga’s and Range Rovers then ..!! Looking potentially wet in Lake District next 24 hours - just delayed trip by a day these moist sw winds can be so wet across the lakes .

To be fair we could use the water and i can confirm it's fairly hoying it down!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

Looks like a decent chance of thunderstorms overnight across the region with most forecasts on board. Been an age since we had a decent overnight storm which is the best time to experience them in my opinion. Hopefully not another bust.

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, Dexter said:

Looks like a decent chance of thunderstorms overnight across the region with most forecasts on board. Been an age since we had a decent overnight storm which is the best time to experience them in my opinion. Hopefully not another bust.

Unfortunately I think north Wales will be the best location for the overnight storms might get a few rumblings but not holding out for anything spectacular.

C.S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale
3 minutes ago, cheshire snow said:

Unfortunately I think north Wales will be the best location for the overnight storms might get a few rumblings but not holding out for anything spectacular.

C.S

It will be nowcast that's for sure, as always. Even if not a direct hit, we should hopefully get a good light show at least given the timing of the storms. For what it's worth, I think you and Crewe Cold are probably in the optimum position in our region. Models do seem good for much of the region though.

Posted

A very good post in the model thread by AJ as to why the storms might decay as they move north.

C.S

Just had a look at Man Airport  TAF indicating overnight storms.

Edited by cheshire snow
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

Im tempted to go the Top of Monks Road in Charlesworth as it has a fantastic view to the SSW through to the NW. I just hope that there isn't any large hail in the storms though.

https://goo.gl/maps/jgpPQKqTPqvdTu3EA

Edited by Had Worse

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All
9 minutes ago, cheshire snow said:

A very good post in the model thread by AJ as to why the storms might decay as they move north.

C.S

Just had a look at Man Airport  TAF indicating overnight storms.

Its Northwestsnow's fault if it goes the way of the Pear. He got over excited on here last night and may have triggered the Storm Shield.

We shall see.:oldgrin:

Edited by Had Worse
  • Like 1