Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion 30 Jan 2019 onwards

damianslaw

Posted

Another preety poor day, not much sunshine, and although temps were not too bad - it again hasn't felt very summery.Heavy downpour around 3pm and a very wet evening, curtains drawn early. A word on yesterday evening though-at long last a lovely light summer evening, twilight skies.. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Recently gone over 20°C for only the second time this month. How mad is that! Not been anywhere near 25°C since April. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Best day of meteorological summer so far. Very sunny especially this afternoon. Shame about the on-shore wind but didn’t do much to the temperature. Max 19.1°C. 

Posted

Cloudy afternoon after a bright sunny start...the first time it felt like summer this June.  Radar meant to be showing a little rain but diddly squat here, and still quite warm.

Edited by dodge

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Sunny Summers/Cold Wintry Winters

Chucking it down here with rain although nothing electrical was hoping for a surprise but don't think it's going to happen. 

Posted

Rain yesterday morning and again today means we're still awaiting a fully dry day. I think tomorrow and Saturday will deliver, before it turns stormy on Sunday. Weather warning out now for Sunday 3pm to the end of Monday. https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/warnings-and-advice/uk-warnings#?id=747b8a63-0bcf-45b7-a2f2-ca667f339f58&date=2019-06-23

image.thumb.png.63d527ad1fe4c471cbbe2910b4ec1c4d.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and blisteringly hot

Half-decent day.  Some cloud with sunny intervals.  The temp. reported by my pal's van was 21C when we went shopping in Widnes (Cheshire) around mid-day.  Currently dry and temp. 17.1C, overnight min. 11.3C

Posted

FGS, another day that was supposed to be nice has started with thick black clouds and drizzle- yesterday the same.

Cant wait for next week just to see some warm sun on my back!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and blisteringly hot

Last night pretty cold, min 10.0C.  Mostly sunny but only about 18C which isn't very good for late June. Currently sunny with 15.4C.  Looks like we are in for another cold night.

Today is the longest day after which we begin the depressing descent towards the loathsome British winter.

Edited by Wildswimmer Pete
Typo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

Panic stations in the mod thread. They never learn but get sucked into the chase of charts 5+ days out & take them as gospel. Same happens in Winter - the more interesting charts close to a week away often get pushed back because the models often churn out extreme charts in "fantasy Island". I rarely look beyond 3 days and even 24 hours out has been known to be wrong.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
2 hours ago, Frost HoIIow said:

Panic stations in the mod thread. They never learn but get sucked into the chase of charts 5+ days out & take them as gospel. Same happens in Winter - the more interesting charts close to a week away often get pushed back because the models often churn out extreme charts in "fantasy Island". I rarely look beyond 3 days and even 24 hours out has been known to be wrong.

I'd be more panicked by the Azores HP sticking its unwelcome beak into proceedings. Had enough of that last year. AKA the convection killer and tedium bringer.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

Looks like the region is in the sweet spot for storm potential this evening and overnight. Been a few years since we last had a decent overnight storm here, the last decent one being 3 or 4 years ago from memory. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms
3 hours ago, Dexter said:

Looks like the region is in the sweet spot for storm potential this evening and overnight. Been a few years since we last had a decent overnight storm here, the last decent one being 3 or 4 years ago from memory. 

Thought this thread would be Buzzing with the Potential Storms tonight not really my cup of tea as the kids are terrified of Lightning looks like my little one will be in my bed tonight.

For all storm enthusiasts all the best for tonight hope you get your wishes.

C.S 

I notice Manchester and Liverpool Airport TAFS are not picking up any Thundery Activity at the moment (Still time to change though) 

Edited by cheshire snow
  • Like 2

Posted

Can't say I'm that excited about any potential storms as it seems too me the risk is pretty low and I would not be surprised if all we get is heavy rain and the odd rumble of thunder but the radar watching is interesting though and see what could develop. 

It does seem the hazy skies are now lifting somewhat around the UK so at least temperatures should somewhat rise into the low 20s hopefully. 

Posted

The Meto T Storm warning has already been cancelled for this evening's potential, but there is one remaining from midnight through the whole of Monday.  I'm not expecting much in the way of fireworks to be honest... seems like an age ago when we had frequent CG strikes rolling across the skies in the North West.  However my worst type of weather is hot, sticky and extreme heat, so in some ways I'm happy not be living in the south east (and more esp. France) for the end next week.

Here and now... cloudy skies now with bits of splashes showing up on the radar for western folks.  Quite warm though.

Edited by dodge

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Manchester Airport TAF now updated and indicating Thundery activity overnight 

C.S

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
1 minute ago, cheshire snow said:

Manchester Airport TAF now updated and indicating Thundery activity overnight 

C.S

Hopefully that should bode well CS. Just started to chuck it down as I type this.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

It will be a night to sleep with the windows wide open, that's for sure. Going to be a muggy one. Knowing my luck, we will get a storm and I'll end up sleeping through it!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Liverpool AP TAF having none of it, indicating heavy rain only.

Here in Wirral it's raining heavily but no sign of any thundery rain or instability

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.
11 minutes ago, carl1980 said:

Level 3 warning on the weather pro app 1-2 am

Screenshot_20190623-200213.png

They did have a warning out for now for the whole of the region for thunder on the met office but they have took it off.