IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion 30 Jan 2019 onwards

damianslaw

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Just checked in at Met Office hq Exeter !! Lovely sunny day here 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

What an amazing day today has been. The sea-breeze did not develop at least not this far inland and I reached a max of 19.2°C. If there wasn’t a sea-breeze at the local met station then we’ve got to be one of the warmest places in the country today. 

Just checked and we’re not actually. Looks like the sea-breeze did make it as far as the station. God knows why they put a station next to the beach anyway. 

Edited by Chris.R

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Another amazing day. Max 21.8°C very recently. A little cooler on the beach at the Met station at only 19.8°C. 

Posted

Very nice day, spent the afternoon in the sun doing a Queen Daenerys (burning everything) on some weeds on my grans driveway

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: LP - Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards

Bank Holiday Monday anyone?

ukprec.thumb.png.0117a62dc1f92d4d79f6fbc5a84dd868.png

....make the most of this week.

Posted

Again another brilliant day. Max today was 22.0°C so the warmest day so far this week. Once again the gradient wind kept a sea-breeze at bay. 

Posted

Not as warm as yesterday, but still very pleasant in the sunshine....tomorrow a further notch down in temps with a nagging easterly breeze and possibility of showers into Saturday.

Posted

There was no substance to the rain overnight and this morning here. Only the slightest dampness on the grass at home and a few wet patches on the roads on the way to work. According to the radar I rode under some rainfall on my way in but none of it was reaching the ground. Maybe another chance tomorrow but I'll be surprised if we get any at low levels.

Posted

Another bust on the rain again today. 20 minutes of spitting isn't going to so anything for soil moisture levels. Maybe a better fall overnight?

Edited by alr1970

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Some pretty bright echoes heading your way CreweCold...

Posted

Warm front cleared through nicely and it’s been a lovely sunny afternoon. Warmer than forecast. All probably thanks to the foehn effect. Currently 21.3°C. 

Posted

The classic NW-SE split is back in full splendour with the boundary line through the NW region all thanks to the dank humid tropical maritime airstream - a real doommonger for those who reside on the north side of the line i.e. Cumbria.

We've had two days of greyness, rain on and off, sometimes heavy, sometimes fine and drizzly. Tomorrow will bring the same, Saturday sees a front stalling right over us, then on Sunday a frontal system, then the trough is back with more rain or showers.. a very poor start to the summer for this neck of the woods. Synoptics that ruin the summer.

Moan over!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Cloudy here...we’ve actually had rain this morning...

Is this going to be one of those maddening NW/SE split summers?

Edited by Carl46Wrexham

Posted

Another dull start to the day, drizzle has set in, low cloud shrouding everything - fourth day in a row, tomorrow will bring the same and next week lots more rain, indeed we are now in a notably wet period. Its miserable and a far cry from this time last year. This is my favourite time of year, but the current weather is a real kick.. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold

I was looking forward to a nice warm day to get the grass cut before we jet off to Cape Verde tomorrow,  instead it's grey,muggy and been raining for the last hour , roll on tomorrow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the stormier the better...

Utter garbage here in Chester, has been for the past week. 15c cloudy murk. No summer here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cool & dry, with regular cold, snowy periods.

Not great to be honest, and as a follower the Isle of Man TT races, they're having a nightmare trying to get practice & qualifying sessions sorted. The first races should have been yesterday, but once the fog descends on the mountain....that's it = no action.

Posted

A very poor day, maximum temperature of 14 degree, falling to 11 degrees late afternoon, heavy incessant rain as well - a day more akin to November.

Posted

Washing Machine

ukprec.thumb.png.4edb83f331d7918eaa7a63b62595aa24.png1.thumb.png.1e5a3efdf7c5e502f49e869bb00be62f.png2.thumb.png.778f115a696d545e4344e44ff325015b.png3.thumb.png.35c66a3c28f909d22647c2443bc6f7d7.png4.thumb.png.17b0bac306b060a159059fd122cae8a6.png5.thumb.png.68f76207bfa887c6c89979928c8dc57c.png8.thumb.png.bcad3713bb8e14c0eaffc0cde4177985.png

Posted
22 hours ago, Iceaxecrampon said:

Washing Machine

ukprec.thumb.png.4edb83f331d7918eaa7a63b62595aa24.png1.thumb.png.1e5a3efdf7c5e502f49e869bb00be62f.png2.thumb.png.778f115a696d545e4344e44ff325015b.png3.thumb.png.35c66a3c28f909d22647c2443bc6f7d7.png4.thumb.png.17b0bac306b060a159059fd122cae8a6.png5.thumb.png.68f76207bfa887c6c89979928c8dc57c.png8.thumb.png.bcad3713bb8e14c0eaffc0cde4177985.png

This doesn't look very promising for my trip to the Lakes on Saturday. Still no such thing as bad weather, just the wrong clothing! Might sack it off and go to the pub instead!

Posted
2 hours ago, stripeyfox said:

This doesn't look very promising for my trip to the Lakes on Saturday. Still no such thing as bad weather, just the wrong clothing! Might sack it off and go to the pub instead!

The Lakes are great in any (well most) weather!

Just watch where your putting your feet......

Where were - are you heading if I may ask?

Iain

Posted
3 minutes ago, Iceaxecrampon said:

The Lakes are great in any (well most) weather!

Just watch where your putting your feet......

Where were - are you heading if I may ask?

Iain

Was thinking about doing Great Gable from Seathwaite. Staying in Keswick for the night. The walk just a prelude to a few beers and a Cow Pie at the George!