Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion 30 Jan 2019 onwards

damianslaw

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

Not had a lot of rain here really, just a few mm since midnight. Most of the action seems to have been north & south of here with Greater Manchester sandwiched in-between.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

A wet and wild day here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any extreme weather conditions

A very wet and windy day currently 8c. The dog won’t go out I’m fed up too, feeling meh

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Disgusting day’s weather; cold, windy and wet throughout and a far cry from the conditions this time last week.

i just hope that next Saturdays Ale Trail sees something closer to Easter’s weather than today’s.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
1 hour ago, CreweCold said:

The rain has been none stop all day. A constant feed. Be interesting to see the totals. 

Looks like some places in Cheshire have had 50mm+ today looking at the radar totals - especially around the Holmes chapel area. Though it does vary a bit. Only had 6mm here today, nothing too heavy mostly drizzly rain on and off.

Edited by Frost HoIIow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
6 minutes ago, Frost HoIIow said:

Looks like some places in Cheshire have had 50mm+ today looking at the radar totals - especially around the Holmes chapel area. Though it does vary a bit. Only had 6mm here today, nothing too heavy mostly drizzly rain on and off.

I was thinking, I wouldn't be surprised if some places were getting on for 2 inches. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

Stopped raining. Was really bouncing on at 11pm

Posted

Saturday may have been horrid, but you can't say the rain wasn't needed. The Mersey level didn't rise much at all, suggesting the ground everywhere was rather dry and soaked a lot of it up:

image.thumb.png.055a1c2df72ba83339864541bd3910c3.png

I don't fancy the Arctic shot forecast for this weekend, mind you:

image.thumb.png.b173f7996ca148a54bb78eec8da379a5.png

Posted

A pleasant spring day, lovely start with clear blue skies, and temps maxing out around 15 degrees - perfect weather for doing outdoor activities. We are approaching the time of year, thanks to the strength of the sun, provided winds are light and skies clear, you don't need especially high air temperatures for it to feel very nice indeed. I personally prefer high teens - low 20s maxes than high 20's low 30s, the latter too uncomfortable for outdoor activities. Its why I enjoy May and June so much! - mind last year we were firmly in uncomfortable territory for long periods.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and blisteringly hot

Day dawned clear and cloudless but quite cold - I sleep under an open window and I felt cold under the duvet which is unusual.  Min temp. last night 2.7C.  Minor UHI so the countryside probably a couple of degrees lower.  Overnight precipitation but I was asleep so couldn't tell whether it was rain or sleet.

Posted

Another cold day for May, temps yo-yoed between 8 and 10/11 degrees, with a few showers some of hail, and more longer lasting precipitation early evening. Limited sunshine made for a rather miserable feeling bank holiday overall.

Wednesday looks a very poor day under persistant rain, temps could struggle to get much above 8 degrees, indeed may languish around 6/7 degrees under heaviest rain.

Something more akin to May temp wise likely by the weekend, with sunshine returning.. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Another mostly lovely and sunny day like yesterday. Still quite cold but it’s nice in the Sun. This week has not been as bad as I was fearing. The cold sea helping create a micro-climate around here. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

Nobody told me about this!

Posted

Oh dear not feeling like May at the moment. Overcast dull skies, bits and pieces of rain, and a maximum of 8 degrees, many a warmer day in January.

Temperatures won't get to average until Sunday, thereafter a significant warm up expected, and if today's synoptics verify all faith will be restored by this time next week, sunny light winds and hopefully temps nudging into the 20s. Easterly spells often happen in May, and NW parts of the UK tend to be the best place to be, along with NW / W Wales. Until then a few more days of cool weather.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Action replay of yesterday.

Cloudy wet and distinctly chilly feeling day. 8c:cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and blisteringly hot

Yet another vile early May day - moderate rain and a miserable 8C.  Good job I had my heated jacket on when venturing outdoors.

Posted

May and June are my favourite months, but so far this May is failing to deliver big time - thankfully prospects are on the up and from Sunday onwards a much better spell of weather is on the way, but will it last long enough to cancel out a very poor first third? Not liking the look of the synoptics towards end of next week..almost back to square one it seems..

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Just hearing Helen Willetts on the latest forecast saying about how the weather starting to settle down is not good news because we really do need the rain’

Excuse me? We don’t all live in the South East Ms Willetts...

Maybe I missed the heavy downpours of yesterday, the near constant rain of the previous two days, the wash out Saturday at the end of April, all of which has resulted in everywhere looking thoroughly green and lush, if you ignore the huge puddles dotted around...

Edited by Carl46Wrexham
  • Like 1

Posted

A few heavy showers today with decent sized hail in the latest downpour, but the eastwards movement has begun as high pressure now reasserts itself from the west so this could be the last of the rain for awhile.  Roll on next week... always need the rain but as long as a decent spell of dry weather sits between the two in summer I'm happy.