Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion 30 Jan 2019 onwards

damianslaw

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Not much sun today and maximum was 14.0°C. Yesterday it was 14.6°C. A little surprised we haven’t broken the 15°C mark yet; there are still a few days on which to do that though. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

It’s absolutely glorious this morning, reminds me of a June morning on a scorching hot day.

Its February you say

Edited by Ramp
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

I see a tinge of brown on the grass. It has been a dry month pretty much.

Edited by pip22

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms
9 minutes ago, itsnowjoke said:

It’s not February is it

Joke ain't it!

Meanwhile in Las Vegas...

Las_Vegas_Sign_snow_from_TheSuarezzz_on_Twitter_1550732604175_74062400_ver1.0_1280_720.thumb.JPG.f2ae80f8608d81138aab403ff4750ff9.JPG

• Like 1

Posted

Absolutely glorious weather indeed. Spring has truly sprung.  Signs of life emerging everywhere you look.

I don't care if the start of March turns out to be rubbish weather because this is better than many a grey UK summer day anyway.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

Hi Chaps, its been great travelling weather. 

Thursday it was Liverpool Albert Dock and on to Chester.

Yesterday the family had a trip to Derby University so myself and the two younger ones (9 &12) bagged a Derbyshire Wayfarer Train/Bus ticket (£13.00 Adult allows one child to go free) plus a child ticket (£5.50) and set off on our travels.

The route went as follows.

Derby to Sheffield (rail) and back. Derby Rail station to East Midlands airport (Skylink bus) and back. Derby to Burton on Trent (rail) and back. Derby to Matlock (rail) and back, Derby to Sheffield (rail). Sheffield to New Mills Central (rail). 61 bus back to Glossop. 393 bus back to Hadfield (home).

As you will agree, over 200 miles covered on public transport for less than £20.  All done with clear blue skies and excellent weather. 

• Like 1

Posted

Well if we can't have the beast from the east... I'd settle for this luverly sutherly.  Warm sunny & very spring like... even better without the fly's & wasps that are still in slumber,  awaiting their call to arms come May/June.  Make the most of it though... Pattern change come March.... wouldn't be surprised to see some wet slush mixed in with the cold rain at times. 

Edited by dodgeredee
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Hopefully today we will finally break the 15°C Mark here. Been a little underwhelmed with the temperatures I have to say imby. I guess the cold sea is having an effect. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Frosty start here in South Cheshire had to scrape the ice of the Car windscreen on the Plus side Beautiful cloudless skies METO going for a high of 18c Today8)

C.S 

Posted

There seems to be more of a foehn effect today as the humidity is much lower. Currently just reached 15°C and 46% humidity. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: LP - Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards

17 Degrees Preston tomorrow.

Welsh February Temp record has gone.:oldmellow:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

A High of 17.7c here not far of the 18c the METO predicicted just walked pass the park children out in T Shirts and shorts had to stop and think we are still in Feb stuning Day another one tomorrow and maybe Wednesday until usual Atlantic Dross returns

C.S

Posted
16 minutes ago, cheshire snow said:

A High of 17.7c here not far of the 18c the METO predicicted just walked pass the park children out in T Shirts and shorts had to stop and think we are still in Feb stuning Day another one tomorrow and maybe Wednesday until usual Atlantic Dross returns

C.S

Can't come soon enough.

Posted

Maximum was 15.3°C today making it the warmest day of the week.

Whilst it will be nice to have some more unsettled and interesting weather, I can’t see much to get me excited. Too early in the year for any meaningful convection and not cold enough for snow.