Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion 30 Jan 2019 onwards

damianslaw

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & sunshine

20190201_115219.thumb.jpg.caca6e9ab36a9c0e5dd882a8d36f0456.jpgit's funny how some graphics on apps can make you see thing. Like this dog with a red nose.

Edited by Chris harry
Spelt wrong
  • Like 1

Posted

Light snow showers for the last hour... not really sticking just blowing about in breeze... hills keep disappearing... 0c

Edited by WillinGlossop

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & sunshine
Just now, Mokidugway said:

I took my fog for a walk earlier

I know. I seen it but edited it now.

Posted
2 minutes ago, Had Worse said:

Cool

20190201_121408.jpg

At mettricks.... love them great butchers...always in Glossop one filling up freezer... having their pork chops tonight teriyaki style....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

No snow here overnight, now missed the showers from both directions. Still loads of snow in Liverpool and south of the city. Literally as you go south, as soon as you get more than 2 miles from my house there is loads of snow everywhere.

Only got down to -1.8°C because of cloud in the end. 

Edited by Chris.R

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: LP - Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards
29 minutes ago, Chris harry said:

I know. I seen it but edited it now.

....To late its out there forever :oldlaugh:

Posted
8 minutes ago, Chris.R said:

No snow here overnight, now missed the showers from both directions.

Same for here although the snow is probably 10x as far away

Felt colder last night but it only reached -1.2c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

Those showers from the east is getting further inland now. I might see some flurries here.

I'm in Chorley town centre right now. Snow cover is little deeper than where I live bit lower down.

Edited by pip22
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All
26 minutes ago, WillinGlossop said:

At mettricks.... love them great butchers...always in Glossop one filling up freezer... having their pork chops tonight teriyaki style....

That's the Hadfield one as used on the League of Gentlemen (Local People)

Back to weather, it's polystyrening again

• Like 1

Posted
56 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

Got nothing last year even with a raging easterly ,sliders always miss ,think I'll wait till next ice age and then maybe get 10 cm 

Did get a little bit of snow here from a trough that came down from the North East during the beast from the east but the vast majority of showers died off by the time they get over the hills. Dont think its just the hills that kills showers though, i see all the time in polar maritime north westerlies that the western half of Ireland and Northern Ireland get battered with big beefy showers yet the eastern half of Ireland barely get anything as they quickly die away and i dont think there is a huge amount of high ground there so clearly a meteological reason for it. Hence why in that set up we dont get any showers from Ireland, they all come from the irish sea instead.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Geordiesnow said:

Did get a little bit of snow here from a trough that came down from the North East during the beast from the east but the vast majority of showers died off by the time they get over the hills. Dont think its just the hills that kills showers though, i see all the time in polar maritime north westerlies that the western half of Ireland and Northern Ireland get battered with big beefy showers yet the eastern half of Ireland barely get anything as they quickly die away and i dont think there is a huge amount of high ground there so clearly a meteological reason for it. Hence why in that set up we dont get any showers from Ireland, they all come from the irish sea instead.

Very true ,but the fact we get nowt  is cold air carries less moisture  not so much oroghraphic effect from the east 

Edited by Mokidugway

Posted

Snowing at home, funny what there weather does to us. I am sat in raining Rome wishing I was back home in the snow