Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spring 2019 - Moans, Ramps, Chat etc

Summer Sun

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - cold, summer - not hot
1 hour ago, Summer Sun said:

The strength of the sunshine is really noticeable now what a fabulous day it is especially with no breeze either

There's nothing fabulous about it.  Why assume everyone wants the same weather as you?

• Like 3

Posted

They’re giving their subjective opinion safe in the knowledge 90%+ of the country feels the same. Not everyone wants to be a miserable cold lover either! 

• Like 8

Posted
40 minutes ago, March said:

They’re giving their subjective opinion safe in the knowledge 90%+ of the country feels the same. Not everyone wants to be a miserable cold lover either! 

Cold weather makes me feel alive.  Nothing better than going out without a coat on on a nice cold dry day.  I'm a joyous cold lover, it's the heat that makes me miserable.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow
1 hour ago, Sir Mim said:

Roll on a nice cold march and a nice wet, cool summer!  Anyone who wants to sweat for three solid months can fly ro Spain and suffer it there.  

I like cold in winter but if you want a cold wet summer why not fly to Iceland and suffer it there

Posted
2 hours ago, Matthew. said:

Unbelievable really how prolonged it’s been since the middle of the month. Very unusual for this country!

With the exception of February 2017, Februarys since 2014 have all been sunnier than average for England overall to varying degrees. 2019 is following suit.

Edited by Weather-history
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Not unusual to have prolonged settled weather in February either. Most of the 2000s February months had long anticyclonic spells as well as 2012, 2013, 2015, 2017 and 2018.

If anything we are overdue a settled march but that seems to be more difficult than Feb, and it may be a good idea to get those rainfall totals up when we can if we’re in an extended drier period overall.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

Cold weather makes me feel alive.  Nothing better than going out without a coat on on a nice cold dry day.  I'm a joyous cold lover, it's the heat that makes me miserable.

Luckily in a normal summer there are only a handful of those types of days. I like the cold too, but the majority would rather have a bit of sun and mild temps rather than 5c, cold, wet and grey. Nothing appealing about that to many people I wouldn’t have thought!

Posted

February 2008 was the sunniest February on record and then we had a very typical april snow showers and march snow showers.

The summer on the other hand not so clever especially august dullest on record.

Posted
58 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

With the exception of February 2017, Februarys since 2014 have all been sunnier than average for England overall to varying degrees. 2019 is following suit.

To be a bit clearer I see Thundery Wintery Showers put it well in the other thread, winter moans thread.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Snowy Winters, Hot Thundery Summers
2 hours ago, March said:

Yes, don't get me wrong I'm a coldie but I only chase it seriously from mid November to mid February, unless there is a beast from the east or huge Greenland high lurking...

Any other form of cold doesn't really get anywhere as snow can quickly melt, that's even if it manages to settle...

Today felt fantastic, was sat outside fishing and the carp are biting already. The sun felt warm and there was barely a breeze or a cloud in the sky. Can't get any better for late February and almost everyone else feels the same.

• Like 2

Posted

Get a fridge to live in. I am sure nobody will miss you. Unless there is too much happy cackling going on in side. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms - of the severe kind

lots of good to be said about the cold. kills off the bugs, what about other countries that swim in sub zero temps, between visits to the sauna. It's good and healthy for the body.

it's too soon for all this warm crap right now... and the weather will balance out later on

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)
22 minutes ago, stevofunnelcl said:

lots of good to be said about the cold. kills off the bugs, what about other countries that swim in sub zero temps, between visits to the sauna. It's good and healthy for the body.

it's too soon for all this warm crap right now... and the weather will balance out later on

That’s true, but places that get brutally cold in the winter like Canada and Russia also suffer terribly with mosquitoes, midges and all sorts of annoying bugs in the summer months. Luckily with our maritime climate it isn’t such a problem here as it is there!

Posted
56 minutes ago, stevofunnelcl said:

Yep, cold weather in winter is good for nature and for us.  As for it balancing out later, well that's what I'm counting on in summer but I have a feeling we're in for a repeat of last year's heat...

Edited by Sir Mim
  • Like 2

Posted
12 hours ago, Sir Mim said:

Yep, cold weather in winter is good for nature and for us.  As for it balancing out later, well that's what I'm counting on in summer but I have a feeling we're in for a repeat of last year's heat...

fingers crossed.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Foggy autumn days are the best! Although I does enjoy a good thunderstorm.

Hello everyone. :oldsmile:
Yes I have now woken up from my winter hibernation... I am whats probably known as a reformed coldie. :oldlaugh: ... I used to love the cold and snow, but as I've got older and the aches and pains set in... Well, enough of my ailments, I have to say this weather outside is absolutely beautiful.
But as we all wonder what spring 2019 holds in store for us, I've just had a look on Gavs Weather Vids' and I see that Terry Scholey has released his spring 2019 forecast!

I won't spoil it for you, but its an interesting read... Especially for May!! :oldgood:?️❄️☀️?️?️⛈️

https://www.gavsweathervids.com/terryscholey.html

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

Spring still seems a million miles away here ..got down to -35c last night

• Like 1

Posted
32 minutes ago, cheeky_monkey said:

Almost like a different planet you guys live on. No end in sight either. Wind chills of -40!!

Edit: Depressingly, i've just noticed you're further South than me!

Edited by mountain shadow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

Loving this current unseasonal warm weather, going to be utterly depressing to see it replaced by unsettled weather off the Atlantic from Thursday onwards. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
1 minute ago, Smartie said:

Loving this current unseasonal warm weather, going to be utterly depressing to see it replaced by unsettled weather off the Atlantic from Thursday onwards. 

Had to happen eventually unfortunately. With any luck this spell of cracking weather will just be the first of many this year.

Edited by cheese
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any kind of extremes. But the more snow the better.
41 minutes ago, cheeky_monkey said:

Truelly amazing, what a climate, proper cold and not the Nancy pancy type we sometimes endure. 

• Like 1

Posted

Bring on the Zonal. I detest defrosting my car every morning, even during this spell!