Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spring 2019 - Moans, Ramps, Chat etc

Summer Sun

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Do not mind apart from drizzle. The worst.

A very chilly day here on the SE Coast yesterday. I see it is rather the same for today. The Spring blossom feels the frost yet is hardy and awakens. Warmth cometh forward thankfully by the look. Hearts and souls will joyfully embrace...x

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

A large area of Guisborough Forest has been destroyed following a wild fire in the early hours of Saturday morning

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/17572695.devastating-fire-hits-guisborough-forest/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
9 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

A large area of Guisborough Forest has been destroyed following a wild fire in the early hours of Saturday morning

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/17572695.devastating-fire-hits-guisborough-forest/

We need rain. Forest/Moorland fires in April prove it i'm afraid.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
6 hours ago, markyo said:

We need rain. Forest/Moorland fires in April prove it i'm afraid.

Indeed.  Quite worrying this early in the year. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - cold, summer - not hot

Looking good from next Monday at least - cooler, with LP in charge, and that trend seems to be continued right through until the end of the month (at least on the GFS).  LOoks like we won't have to put up with this "warm sunshine" nonsense for much longer.  

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
17 minutes ago, Sir Mim said:

Looking good from next Monday at least - cooler, with LP in charge, and that trend seems to be continued right through until the end of the month (at least on the GFS).  LOoks like we won't have to put up with this "warm sunshine" nonsense for much longer.  

Haha, good one. Like ‘warm sunshine’ is the default weather setting in the UK

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny!
1 hour ago, Sir Mim said:

How on earth is cooler weather "looking good" ?  It's hardly going to be hot over the weekend...

• Like 3

Posted
49 minutes ago, Earthshine said:

How on earth is cooler weather "looking good" ?  It's hardly going to be hot over the weekend...

Because some people like the cooler weather and hate the heat.  I dread this time of year because the risk of higher temperatures goes inexorably up.  Roll on October.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
7 minutes ago, Sir Mim said:

Because some people like the cooler weather and hate the heat.  I dread this time of year because the risk of higher temperatures goes inexorably up.  Roll on October.

We all prefer different types of weather but whining about that which you don’t like gets very tiresome - this goes to all those responsible. If you get bored of seeing the warm weather charts of this weekend being posted, try sharing those showing the cooler unsettled spell of next week instead of labelling what is a standard spring warm spell as ‘nonsense’. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c
16 minutes ago, MP-R said:

We all prefer different types of weather but whining about that which you don’t like gets very tiresome - this goes to all those responsible. If you get bored of seeing the warm weather charts of this weekend being posted, try sharing those showing the cooler unsettled spell of next week instead of labelling what is a standard spring warm spell as ‘nonsense’. 

it is a moan thread though?

• Like 3

Posted

The North York Moors National Park have issued a fire alert and are putting up extreme fire risk signs today and tomorrow which means smoking, BBQ's and stoves are banned

Posted
1 minute ago, Summer Sun said:

The North York Moors National Park have issued a fire alert and are putting up extreme fire risk signs today and tomorrow which means smoking, BBQ's and stoves are banned

Incredible at this time of year!

Posted
4 minutes ago, Don said:

I don't recall any prolonged heavy rain up here for a long time we've had the odd day but not enough to really soak the ground on the back of last summers drought it's not going to take much this year to get us back to the state 

• Like 4

Posted
1 hour ago, Summer Sun said:

Same through a good part of eastern Scorland too,all the wind this spring keeps on drying up any rain we get especially at 20% RH.

Farming on the eastern side of the UK already suffering.https://www.fwi.co.uk/arable/essex-and-suffolk-growers-hope-for-rain-in-very-dry-spring

Local dairy farm up here ran out of silage  a few weeks ago and is cutting  short grass to feed their 1000"s of cows on a daily basis . Remember this  is next winters fodder which would normally be ensiled at the end of May so they are already short for next year  and with all the competition from anerobic digesters for grass things will  only get worse

Even at home the surface is very dry again002.thumb.JPG.2137f2ca1fad9e8ea104775fd80f46b6.JPG

Edited by Northernlights
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
4 hours ago, Don said:

April to mid June, I'd say driest period of year oop norf, closer to the high pressure

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

I think everybody must agree we desperately need rain this Spring and a lot of it.I have never seen such parched landscapes at this time of year in my lifetime. So many reservoirs are empty even in my area,fingers crossed the heavens open very soon. A repeat of last year would push the country to the edge. 

• Like 3

Posted

Hoping the fine weather hangs on as first game of cricket in the Peaks next Saturday 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm, sunny.

Course we go outside to enjoy it. Like I said on a previous post, I have raynauds so unless it’s 10 degrees plus, my hands become unusable and discoloured and it’s extremely painful. I’d like 20 degree weather all year round ideally. I’d prefer a warm winter than a snowy cold one

Edited by Paul
  • Like 1

Posted

A reminder - from our guidelines:

Weather Guilt-Tripping - Please don't suggest people are selfish for enjoying or even looking forward to a certain weather type. Everyone has different weather preferences, but since none of us can control the weather, no-one should be made to feel guilty or foolish for liking it.

https://www.netweather.tv/forum/guidelines/

• Like 2

Posted

Why am I sweating?  It's only April and it feels like summer already.  I'm sick of this, why can't we have our old climate back?

• Like 4

Posted
2 hours ago, Sir Mim said:

Why am I sweating?  It's only April and it feels like summer already.  I'm sick of this, why can't we have our old climate back?

No thanks , I’ll have 3 months like today please (with the odd storm thrown in !)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
3 hours ago, Sir Mim said:

agree about having our old climate back, but only Dec to Mar

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
4 hours ago, Sir Mim said:

Think we better get used to it tbh. What we're seeing with the azores HP cell displaced further N than usual is not by coincidence. It's pretty obvious that as the climate is changing we're seeing a gradual retraction N of the jet. Maybe those predictions from years back about us having a mediterranean climate will turn out to not be far off the mark. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

A high of 22C today, good for April. I know many hate heat but 22C ought to be pleasant to the vast majority, especially in April when the sun is weak compared to June and July. Evenings remain cool too.

Edited by cheese