Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spring 2019 - Moans, Ramps, Chat etc

Summer Sun

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm, sunny.
2 hours ago, SLEETY said:

frustrating because i’m a golfer and when spring arrives  ,instead of expecting warmer weather ,instead now it’s normally colder than the majority of the winter lol and freezing trying to play around of golf for 4 hours 

I’m with you lol. Waking up in the morning and going for runs is just a massive pain when it’s 2 degrees but feels like -3 in April for goodness sakes, I’d understand if it was January. I think one thing is for sure in this country now, the second half of the year is much warmer than usual, and the first is cooler (maybe not by overall temperature compared to the average, but not increasing by as much and with quite strong winds at times). Anyways I’m hoping these Easterly winds mean us folk on the West get some decent weather for a little bit

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny!
17 hours ago, SunnyDazee said:

I’d also be extremely disappointed should we have a poor spring and poor summer. From what I seen before, March was the wettest month for a year, breaking a long spell of less than average rainfall. Said spells are supposedly hard to break, indicating an unsettled summer. 2012 is springing to mind already. Supposedly gonna get some nice weather in mid April, but that’s the only long term sight of high pressure. I’m not feeling very optimistic. Might be a rainy and cool one

Impossible to say.  No two years are the same.  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Really loving the current weather,enjoying the fresh feel to the days,long me it continue....though i doubt it will☹️ 

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, markyo said:

Really loving the current weather,enjoying the fresh feel to the days,long me it continue....though i doubt it will☹️ 

I’d hope so too Mark, doesn’t look like good news for this week though. Winter coat back out again for me

Posted

A mixed spring so far here, started off exceptionally wet and dull albeit mild, some decent drier sunnier weather at times second half of March, and a late taste of winter to start April. As we move further into Spring, signs we might see some warmer drier weather again - akin to last year, but I don't expect conditions lasting like last year, equally I expect another lacklustre atlantic.

Posted

Got a little excited reading the model thread yesterday when warmer weather looked in the offing.

You can understand my disappointment when I looked this morning and saw a continuation of endless Winter was back.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
7 minutes ago, Azazel said:

Got a little excited reading the model thread yesterday when warmer weather looked in the offing.

You can understand my disappointment when I looked this morning and saw a continuation of endless Winter was back.

yes, but I had a feeling the models were wrong, S/SW/W winds between April and mid June, exceptionally rare

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c
6 hours ago, Azazel said:

endless winter? reading the forums on here i was under the impression the UK did not have a winter this year?

• Like 2

Posted
40 minutes ago, cheeky_monkey said:

endless winter? reading the forums on here i was under the impression the UK did not have a winter this year?

We definitely had one here.

I actually thought it was cold enough - had to de-ice my car loads and we had a right dumping of snow in February which rendered my car useless for the best part of 3 days. Think we also had a run of nights sub -5c

Posted
19 minutes ago, Azazel said:

We definitely had one here.

I actually thought it was cold enough - had to de-ice my car loads and we had a right dumping of snow in February which rendered my car useless for the best part of 3 days. Think we also had a run of nights sub -5c

we get a huge amount of snow here for the best part of 6 months..not once or ever has my car been rendered useless??

Posted
4 minutes ago, cheeky_monkey said:

we get a huge amount of snow here for the best part of 6 months..not once or ever has my car been rendered useless??

I have a RWD BMW. It's useless in ice/snow - admittedly, its probably still driveable to some extent, but I wouldn't risk it.

Posted
2 minutes ago, Azazel said:

I have a RWD BMW. It's useless in ice/snow - admittedly, its probably still driveable to some extent, but I wouldn't risk it.

plenty of people have BMW here they get round ok

Edited by cheeky_monkey

Posted
2 minutes ago, cheeky_monkey said:

I only got my license in November.

I imagine it would actually be fine on the main roads, but my housing estate turned into an ice rink and wasn't gritted etc. I was wheel-spinning and coming out of the driveway sideways.

I just didn't feel it wise of me or safe to drive until the thaw proper.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

So we're going to have a higher max in Feb than through the whole of March and first half of April. Has that ever happened before?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any kind of extremes. But the more snow the better.
21 minutes ago, Azazel said:

I imagine it would actually be fine on the main roads, but my housing estate turned into an ice rink and wasn't gritted etc. I was wheel-spinning and coming out of the driveway sideways.

Azazel, cm lives in Canada were they are set up for snow and much better prepared for it has a result. If we endured the kind of winter here, that they get there..... Well let's just say we wouldn't hardly see a car on the road! 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !
48 minutes ago, cheeky_monkey said:

a lot of the BMW's in N America are all wheel drive so that prob helps !

• Like 2

Posted
2 hours ago, Badgers01 said:

a lot of the BMW's in N America are all wheel drive so that prob helps !

not really all are RWD cars unless you get an SUV or you get the Xdrive version

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
3 hours ago, Azazel said:

Ignore him. Everything is a competition with Canada.

3 hours ago, Nick L said:

So we're going to have a higher max in Feb than through the whole of March and first half of April. Has that ever happened before?

Perhaps 1998?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !
56 minutes ago, cheeky_monkey said:

not really all are RWD cars unless you get an SUV or you get the Xdrive version

SUV and x drive variants are mostly what sell in USA anyway !

Posted

I’ve just seen some Easter weather charts. Good Friday and Easter Saturday looking nice, Easter Sunday and Monday look absolutely rank weather wise, looking at highs of 1 degree in Scotland and 6-7 degrees in most of England and Wales, 8-9 degrees in the south and southeast . This “hot spell” we’ve been rumoured for having since mid March is being pushed back further and further I swear. What do you guys think about this weather? It’s genuinely not getting warmer than January and February apart from the odd sunny days

Posted
9 hours ago, SunnyDazee said:

I’ve just seen some Easter weather charts. Good Friday and Easter Saturday looking nice, Easter Sunday and Monday look absolutely rank weather wise, looking at highs of 1 degree in Scotland and 6-7 degrees in most of England and Wales, 8-9 degrees in the south and southeast . This “hot spell” we’ve been rumoured for having since mid March is being pushed back further and further I swear. What do you guys think about this weather? It’s genuinely not getting warmer than January and February apart from the odd sunny days

I usually expect April to be similar temp wise to Jan and Feb, April wind comes from E/NE, Dec to Feb it comes from W/SW

Edited by I remember Atlantic 252

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny!
2 hours ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

I usually expect April to be similar temp wise to Jan and Feb, April wind comes from E/NE, Dec to Feb it comes from W/SW

Um, I'm pretty sure the average April high is around 12°C when in Jan/Feb it's more like 6°C?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Feeling wise to me though, the usual polar continental air of April, especially with north sea mist, feels colder than the wet/windy SW'lys of Dec to Feb