Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spring 2019 - Moans, Ramps, Chat etc

Summer Sun

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c
1 hour ago, markyo said:

Really going to miss these lovely fresh mornings,the up coming 4 to 5 months fill me with dread,so much more draining on the soul.☹️ Hate sums up what i feel about these awful months.

you're a long time dead..enjoy what little time we have on this planet

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny!
2 hours ago, markyo said:

Really going to miss these lovely fresh mornings,the up coming 4 to 5 months fill me with dread,so much more draining on the soul.☹️ Hate sums up what i feel about these awful months.

Blimey, that's pessimistic!  Mornings can be cool all year round (generally drops to 12C here in July and August) but surely the idea of BBQs and summer evenings on the beach excite you even a little?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
10 hours ago, Earthshine said:

Blimey, that's pessimistic!  Mornings can be cool all year round (generally drops to 12C here in July and August) but surely the idea of BBQs and summer evenings on the beach excite you even a little?

Sorry,not even a little. I never sit out in the sun,find it very uncomfortable. For me 5c is fresh,certainly not cold,suspect i'm wired a bit differently to most!. Not been out of shorts all winter working,just not been cold enough.

• Like 2

Posted
15 hours ago, markyo said:

You might be in luck! This disgusting extended winter weather looks like continuing for a long while yet.

That's what I hate about the UK climate. Spring is 1 week in March and maybe a week or 2 in April/May, Summer is usually late May until mid July and then Autumn/Winter is the other 9 months of the year.

Wonder when i'll see the sun again.

• Thanks 1

Posted
17 minutes ago, Azazel said:

You might be in luck! This disgusting extended winter weather looks like continuing for a long while yet.

That's what I hate about the UK climate. Spring is 1 week in March and maybe a week or 2 in April/May, Summer is usually late May until mid July and then Autumn/Winter is the other 9 months of the year.

Wonder when i'll see the sun again.

I know i moan and go on(a lot) about hating the heat but i do feel sorry for the normal folk like yourself who love it and get stuck with a normal UK climate,must be very frustrating to say the least!

Posted
4 minutes ago, markyo said:

I know i moan and go on(a lot) about hating the heat but i do feel sorry for the normal folk like yourself who love it and get stuck with a normal UK climate,must be very frustrating to say the least!

haha it's OK mate, no hard feelings - you're absolutely entitled to enjoy what you enjoy:)

It would be nice if we could just get heat/warmth in the requisite seasons and cold/snow in autumn/winter so everyone can be happy.

• Like 2

Posted
16 hours ago, Earthshine said:

Don't worry, the poster goes on about it like a broken record. Just wait until it starts getting 'humid'. They don't like the lengthening daylight either.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny!
6 hours ago, markyo said:

Sorry,not even a little. I never sit out in the sun,find it very uncomfortable. For me 5c is fresh,certainly not cold,suspect i'm wired a bit differently to most!. Not been out of shorts all winter working,just not been cold enough.

Might want to move to Greenland then!

• Like 1

Posted
30 minutes ago, ManiaMuse said:

Don't worry, the poster goes on about it like a broken record. Just wait until it starts getting 'humid'. They don't like the lengthening daylight either.

Each to their own don't forget. 

• Like 1

Posted
13 minutes ago, Earthshine said:

Might want to move to Greenland then!

I would if i could!

• Like 1

Posted

Cold east winds on there way later next week as the april brings everything winter could not with a huge northern block.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm, sunny.

Hiya everyone! I know next to nothing about weather but I’m trying to learn more and more as I go along and so I’ve come to a place where people clearly know their stuff. A couple of questions. Is this April colder than December so far? And secondly, do we think the possibility that the temperature doesn’t reach 20 degrees will happen? Hasn’t happened since 1989 I don’t think, but the weather has been bitterly cold 6 degrees or so, and the forecast doesn’t show particularly warm weather in the future from what I’ve seen. Thanks

Edited by SunnyDazee

Posted
1 hour ago, SunnyDazee said:

Hiya everyone! I know next to nothing about weather but I’m trying to learn more and more as I go along and so I’ve come to a place where people clearly know their stuff. A couple of questions. Is this April colder than December so far? And secondly, do we think the possibility that the temperature doesn’t reach 20 degrees will happen? Hasn’t happened since 1989 I don’t think, but the weather has been bitterly cold 6 degrees or so, and the forecast doesn’t show particularly warm weather in the future from what I’ve seen. Thanks

Things can shift very quickly in April- within a couple of days we could see a flip to 20C+ temperatures with the right setup, and the change could happen at quite short notice. You may remember that April last year started cold and just beyond mid-month. There was no 20C in 2012 by the way- the highest temperature was 19.7C I believe which fell short. Also 2006 only managed 19.7C I believe.

It would be remarkable if February recorded 20C and April didn't in the same year!

• Like 1

Posted

Reached 22.4c here last april on the 19th.

Some real hefty showers in now,did turn to rain this afternoon,but this shower turned to heavy hail and snow again,blue skies showing.

Posted
1 hour ago, Scorcher said:

Things can shift very quickly in April- within a couple of days we could see a flip to 20C+ temperatures with the right setup, and the change could happen at quite short notice. You may remember that April last year started cold and just beyond mid-month. There was no 20C in 2012 by the way- the highest temperature was 19.7C I believe which fell short. Also 2006 only managed 19.7C I believe.

It would be remarkable if February recorded 20C and April didn't in the same year!

Thanks for the response! As I’ve said I think it’s felt cold just from gut instinct. Certainly feels colder than Winter right now. Is April the month when it usually gets warmer then towards the end? It’s been about 6.5-7 degrees today near Manchester. No sunny skies at all and a quite brisk wind. Add to that the heaviest rain I’ve seen for a while and some hail. I can’t really remember early last year just because of the lovely heatwave. Hopefully it cheers up a bit soon I’ve got a set of shorts that haven’t been worn yet lol. Any indications of the early Summer weather yet? May/June?

Edited by SunnyDazee

Posted
2 hours ago, Scorcher said:

Actually on the met office website it read 23.6 degrees in Aberdeenshire in 2012. It did read 19.7 in 2006 though that is right. 

Posted
2 hours ago, SunnyDazee said:

Actually on the met office website it read 23.6 degrees in Aberdeenshire in 2012. It did read 19.7 in 2006 though that is right. 

Really? Not sure where that Met Office figure comes from- there was an exceptional warm spell in March in 2012 when that sort of temperature was recorded in Scotland, but the warm spell was well and truly over by the time April came- I can't see anything in the records anywhere near that warm in April 2012.

Posted

I must say I'm getting very cheesed off by the outlook from the models at the moment- very frustrating. It's hard to see a way out of this cold setup at the moment. Things have just started to get going with leaves on trees, blossom etc and this is just going to scupper it all.

Interesting to see that some places in Germany and Poland had a very warm day today but we had quite the opposite.

Happy to suffer this now if it means another summer like last year. However there have been cold, wet Aprils (2012 springs to mind) that then also led onto poor summers.

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Scorcher said:

Really? Not sure where that Met Office figure comes from- there was an exceptional warm spell in March in 2012 when that sort of temperature was recorded in Scotland, but the warm spell was well and truly over by the time April came- I can't see anything in the records anywhere near that warm in April 2012.

Ahhhh must have read March 2012 by accident, my apologies mate!

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, SunnyDazee said:

Ahhhh must have read March 2012 by accident, my apologies mate!

Yes that was the odd thing about April that year- it followed on from that exceptional March. The first half of May was also very cold before a late warm spell saved it.

• Like 1

Posted

I’d also be extremely disappointed should we have a poor spring and poor summer. From what I seen before, March was the wettest month for a year, breaking a long spell of less than average rainfall. Said spells are supposedly hard to break, indicating an unsettled summer. 2012 is springing to mind already. Supposedly gonna get some nice weather in mid April, but that’s the only long term sight of high pressure. I’m not feeling very optimistic. Might be a rainy and cool one

Edited by SunnyDazee

Posted
Just now, Scorcher said:

Yes that was the odd thing about April that year- it followed on from that exceptional March. The first half of May was also very cold before a late warm spell saved it.

Glad it’s cleared up! I hope we have something like that this year but it’s not looking brilliant so far off the models ive seen. We’ve had a relatively mild year so far however there was a few days where the thermometer didn’t go above 0 degrees, and a few where it went above 15 degrees. All in all it’s not really been too brilliant weather wise and it doesn’t look likely apart from a little spell in mid April. I’m slightly concerned about it. Unsettled summer usually means big floods too

Posted

that’s why it going to get cold now,such a mild winter,always thought the spring would be cold ,amazing how many perfect winter charts we get in springtime instead.

Frustrating for people that chase cold all winter,only for it arrive in spring AGAIN!

Posted
2 minutes ago, SLEETY said:

that’s why it going to get cold now,such a mild winter,always thought the spring would be cold ,amazing how many perfect winter charts we get in springtime instead.

Frustrating for people that chase cold all winter,only for it arrive in spring AGAIN!

Quite possibly February to May is the new winter as such, more winterly weather than December to February in the last few years

Posted
8 hours ago, SunnyDazee said:

Quite possibly February to May is the new winter as such, more winterly weather than December to February in the last few years

frustrating because i’m a golfer and when spring arrives  ,instead of expecting warmer weather ,instead now it’s normally colder than the majority of the winter lol and freezing trying to play around of golf for 4 hours