Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spring 2019 - Moans, Ramps, Chat etc

Summer Sun

Posted
3 hours ago, Summer Sun said:

Today's high is 19.4c recorded in Sheffield on the 1st day of astronomical spring

Marked difference between here and Sheffield then, we maxed out at 10 degrees under grey murky skies...

Posted
13 hours ago, DAVID SNOW said:

I do hope that come April I will actually 'see' some interesting weather, some nice fat showers with hail and thunder would be nice, with of course sunshine in between.

Aye - its been grey, murky, cool and overcast here for days. Before that it was just non-stop howling wind and rain for 2 weeks. It's been miserable.

Posted

A glimmer of hope in the extended with the possibility of April showers! from a weather enthusiasts perspective (mine) I hope so as this current spell of nothingness, with grey cloudy days no wind no sun no convection is hardly exciting..

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, DAVID SNOW said:

A glimmer of hope in the extended with the possibility of April showers! from a weather enthusiasts perspective (mine) I hope so as this current spell of nothingness, with grey cloudy days no wind no sun no convection is hardly exciting..

It's sooo tedious this weather. 

It's surprising though how many folk on here actually like this type of non-weather situation. Makes you wonder. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun
32 minutes ago, Wimbledon88 said:

It's surprising though how many folk on here actually like this type of non-weather situation. Makes you wonder. 

It’s been raining buckets, hailing, windy and even some sleet & snow for the past few weeks now. 

You can still be interested in extreme weather but enjoy the quieter periods. Especially if you enjoy getting out & about. 

Why is it, that 5 days of settled weather has you feeling so tedious? This is the UK, generally a boring country to live in weather wise regarding extreme weather. What’s new!! 

Edited by Ben Lewis

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
32 minutes ago, Wimbledon88 said:

That’s why I don’t rush to praise high pressure from the south, as it so often ends up like this... At least if it were sunny it’d be worth it.

Next week looks a lot better thankfully then maybe a return more March like conditions as we head into April (without the gales though please).

• Like 1

Posted
4 hours ago, MP-R said:

That’s why I don’t rush to praise high pressure from the south, as it so often ends up like this... At least if it were sunny it’d be worth it.

Next week looks a lot better thankfully then maybe a return more March like conditions as we head into April (without the gales though please).

Not sure about that mate. The MET outlook going for prolonged dry settled weather at least down here in SE. 

And the mod thread is almost in melt down mode with the possibility of long term high pressure dominance. 

All very very weird for folk that are interested in weather. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,fairly warm in summer

after 40 years of weather watching in east Yorkshire,i must say I think the last few months has been the most tedious spell of weather ive ever known and looking at the met office outlook,little sign of a change.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Weather Online April outlook

Valid from 31/03 to 27/04 2019

Issued: Sunday 24th March 2019
Duty forecaster: Simon Keeling

Chilly overall, mixed with risk of rain, sleet and snow, milder later - This looks to have been left on in error

Indications are that April is going to be dominated by higher pressure overall. This is likely to be bringing dry weather over many areas, but some rain to the north. Indications of a more unsettled end to the month, perhaps windy as well.

*31/3/19 - 6/4/19*

Ridge of high pressure to the south, mainly fair here. Risk of rain at times in Scotland. Windy Scotland.

*7/4/19 - 13/4/19*

Weak ridge of higher pressure build again. Dry for most, sunny spells. Always a risk of some rain in western and northern Scotland though.

*14/4/19 - 20/4/19*

Higher pressure may hold with sunny spells and fair conditions. Mild for all. Mostly dry.

*21/4/19 - 30/4/19*

A moe unsettled end to the month. Chilly, wet and windy. Most rain to north.

**ends**

https://www.weatheronline.co.uk/weather/reports/month-ahead.htm

Posted

Quite a cool high this weeks,cool breeze NW still,ground frosts at night now we`re in the warmest part 12c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn Mornings, Thunderstorms and snow

Agree. You’d think it was mid December in there at the moment with some. It’s not going to snow or settle now. Looks like a lovely day ahead again here and the ground has warmed up nicely, so on the off chance it does ( which it won’t snow) it’ll not settle.

• Like 1

Posted

Its turning into quite a sunny March here. We're already at 146hrs for the month compared to the average of 112hrs.

What's even more astonishing is that every one of the last 11 months has had above average sunshine here.

The rolling 12 month average is at 1902hrs compared to the 1981-2010 average of 1546hrs per year. April only had 123 hours of sunshine in 2018 aswell, so that rolling figure is likely to go higher before May arrives.

• Like 2

Posted

A contrasting March, up until 17 March, predominantly very wet, since preety dry.

It won't go down as a particularly memorable March, despite the warmth - is hasn't been very notable. Roll on April..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Though there has been more rain here in Eastern Scotland in March than in the previous months it has still been well under average and the ground is very dry. Here is a photo of the Sidlaws just North of Dundee this evening. Now brought under control but an indicator of how dry the ground is following a windy, dry and mostly sunny week.

82870B77-CF14-45C8-8AF5-2164EB8D023E.jpeg

Edited by Norrance

Posted
On 25/03/2019 at 10:57, Summer Sun said:

Weather Online April outlook

Valid from 31/03 to 27/04 2019

Issued: Sunday 24th March 2019
Duty forecaster: Simon Keeling

Chilly overall, mixed with risk of rain, sleet and snow, milder later - This looks to have been left on in error

Indications are that April is going to be dominated by higher pressure overall. This is likely to be bringing dry weather over many areas, but some rain to the north. Indications of a more unsettled end to the month, perhaps windy as well.

*31/3/19 - 6/4/19*

Ridge of high pressure to the south, mainly fair here. Risk of rain at times in Scotland. Windy Scotland.

*7/4/19 - 13/4/19*

Weak ridge of higher pressure build again. Dry for most, sunny spells. Always a risk of some rain in western and northern Scotland though.

*14/4/19 - 20/4/19*

Higher pressure may hold with sunny spells and fair conditions. Mild for all. Mostly dry.

*21/4/19 - 30/4/19*

A moe unsettled end to the month. Chilly, wet and windy. Most rain to north.

**ends**

https://www.weatheronline.co.uk/weather/reports/month-ahead.htm

Sounds like March but just in reverse order. Dry spell first followed by storms. 

Posted

that forecast is junk no mention of any cold weather or persistent northern blocking .A terrible forecast 

On 30/03/2019 at 08:44, Isle of Harry said:

Sounds like March but just in reverse order. Dry spell first followed by storms. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

The number of trees looking to burst into leaf around here shows what a mild start to the year its been. Hopefully we can get a warm south easterly developing in the mid-long range outlook. Although when i see the current charts i do get awful fears of another May 1996 but hopefully we can avoid that. 

Posted
8 hours ago, Milhouse said:

The number of trees looking to burst into leaf around here shows what a mild start to the year its been. Hopefully we can get a warm south easterly developing in the mid-long range outlook. Although when i see the current charts i do get awful fears of another May 1996 but hopefully we can avoid that. 

Yes the warmth of February has brought on very early spring growth, suspect we are a good 3 weeks ahead of schedule this year. Usually have to wait until early May before trees come into full leaf, this year could well be before mid month. Grass is growing, and weeds are in abundance. The next few days however, will stunt rate of growth a bit.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
9 hours ago, Milhouse said:

I noticed that too - the foliage is very advanced this year. Usually the trees are still bare in late March but this year a number of trees are close to being fully leafed. I thought it might slow down but the second half of March turned out to be pretty decent with plenty of dry, sunny weather. 

92026B36-8AE2-4A45-81B5-7F0A25B9076F.thumb.jpeg.cd6c1d0ac6d2dd6c002080798c8dd838.jpeg

Edited by cheese

Posted

My football team are doing terrible, the government are a shambles and are on the verge of throwing the country to the dogs. And now the weather is starting to take a turn for the worst!

Come on God, what are you playing at?!

• Like 1

Posted

We went for a walk in the Chilterns on Sunday and saw bluebells in the woods. I don't think I've ever seen them in March before.

bluebells.jpg

Edited by Stargazer

Posted

Well well april is living up to its name of snow after a couple of warm spells February and late march.

2 inches of snow and 3.2c max only so far....snow showers all morning,longest lasting april snowcover since 2012,still got a covering.

Its not over yet,got tonight.

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Really going to miss these lovely fresh mornings,the up coming 4 to 5 months fill me with dread,so much more draining on the soul.☹️ Hate sums up what i feel about these awful months.

• Like 2