Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Cold hunt - models and chat

Paul
Message added by Paul

Please ensure that the majority of your posts in this thread are model related - a theme of model discussion needs to run throughout.
Some off topic chat and reactions are ok, but please use other, more relevant threads for entirely off-topic chat (such as snow reports, met office forecasts and general chat/moans about the weather or this winter).

For more no banter and just model discussion please head to the new focused model thread - this is also a great place to post (or cross post) your longer model summaries or thoughts around the models.

Posted
1 minute ago, abbie123 said:

Southern England and the midlands buried in snow ..

sw England not great away from the moors and wales v good too …… buried may be a little OTT …… dp's are marginal more than i'd like them to be for widespread non thawing snowfall

• Like 3

Posted
Just now, Man With Beard said:

Snow charts trickling out for tomorrow night on ECM, touch quicker, touch more marginal

It brings the front in several hours earlier than the other models and mostly just as rain or sleet, away from the south east.

• Like 1

Posted

BBC are now getting  worried!,, could a lot for us  now ,Tuesday night

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold ,snow
1 minute ago, Stonethecrows said:

Come on mate it wasn't a penalty, var or no var.

No it wasn't lol.im sick of this over hyping a low moving across the UK.the other low was going to bury the se according to some?it's now whizzing its way to France!!.now it's Thursday low.its up and down like a fiddler's elbow on here.its nothing unusual for any winter tbh but it's analising to death ie snow depths.someone put the jackpot could be a massive three inch!!!

Posted

Only the UK eh....We might not know what Tuesdays weather is going to be on Tuesday,light rain..knew it...lunch time...is that sleet on the windscreen,late afternoon why wont the snow settle,midnight wheres the ruddy skis,it really is fun for all the family....good luck all.

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, tinybill said:

BBC are now getting  worried!,, could a lot for us  now ,Tuesday night

Who's us!!!☺️

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any kind of extremes. But the more snow the better.
1 minute ago, swfc said:

Who's us!!!☺️

Worried in the fact its getting towards the commute, so I would expect areas north of London, especially high ground could be in for 10cm

Posted
4 minutes ago, swfc said:

No it wasn't lol.im sick of this over hyping a low moving across the UK.the other low was going to bury the se according to some?it's now whizzing its way to France!!.now it's Thursday low.its up and down like a fiddler's elbow on here.its nothing unusual for any winter tbh but it's analising to death ie snow depths.someone put the jackpot could be a massive three inch!!!

True. The UK, but particularly the south normally has plentiful snow, so we can just pass on this one.

It is ridiculous people discussing the model output for a low pressure system that may bring snow. Anyone would think this was a model and cold hunt thread.

Edited by MattStoke
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Thunderstorms, Heat (Summer) & Snow in Winter
4 minutes ago, swfc said:

After the winter so far who wouldn't take 3 inches of the white stuff 

To be fair with the maximum depth I've seen posted on here "buried" is a little OTT but I can understand the enthusiasm.  If you're a cold-nut then even a few heavy showers is good to see.  This post did make me laugh through the frustration is getting to everyone.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
Just now, shaky said:

Am confused lol!!ecm is the best of the bunch in regards to snow thursday but apparently theres not much!!you could not make this up lol!!

Don’t fret, plenty of water to go under the bridge yet. Whatever today’s 12z say, the system could and maybe will still end up hundreds of miles different. Anyone snow maps at the minute are to be taken with a council lorry loads of salt.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
Just now, MattStoke said:

True. The UK, but particularly in the south normally has plentiful snow, so we can just pass on this one.

It is ridiculous people discussing the model output for a low pressure system that may bring snow. Anyone would think this was a model and cold hunt thread.

Cold hunt? enjoy your 3.25 centimetres lol

Posted
1 minute ago, Purga said:

Antone fancy a bit of snow on Friday?

image.thumb.png.b3ef2482d513eeaabafd8afb172d399b.png

Thank you GFS-P, don't mind if I do!

GFSP has had some successes at long range but its snow charts need to be censoring. They are RUBBISH!!!!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
1 minute ago, Paul Faulkner said:

I find the position of the amber to be very odd unless they are referencing ice and frost more than snow as a concern, either that or they are thinking showers could be of interest aside from main snow bands. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
Just now, swfc said:

Cold hunt? enjoy your 3.25 centimetres lol

will settle for that! looks like trending south, expect gradual shifts south during day tomorrow

• Like 2

Guest Delete Me
Just now, PolarWarsaw said:

I find the position of the amber to be very odd unless they are referencing ice and frost more than snow as a concern, either that or they are thinking showers could be of interest aside from main snow bands. 

I think their chief forecaster has been looking at the GFS Para!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
1 minute ago, PolarWarsaw said:

That's a health warning PW, not a weather warning.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

will settle for that! looks like trending south, expect gradual shifts south during day tomorrow

Yep be in channel Islands Thurs!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy
1 minute ago, PolarWarsaw said:

More likely that due to the system on Thursday/Friday, southern areas will be 'milder' compared to those further north where the air will be colder. 

Posted
2 minutes ago, PerfectStorm said:

More likely that due to the system on Thursday/Friday, southern areas will be 'milder' compared to those further north where the air will be colder. 

In all seriousness after that ecm i would swap the amber around!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
2 hours ago, frosty ground said:

anim_apk2.gif

Is this modeling a Polar low going down Western Scotland? Looks like rotation

It certainly looks like a low, so maybe.

6 minutes ago, swfc said:

I do agree in the main, a burying is 18 inches plus, definitely not 3! At most it's going to be a village fete not tramlines. But is it just coz this winter has been a bust and people are desperate to see some snow, maybe a smidge of slack allowed?

• Like 1