Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Cold hunt - models and chat

Paul
Message added by Paul

Please ensure that the majority of your posts in this thread are model related - a theme of model discussion needs to run throughout.
Some off topic chat and reactions are ok, but please use other, more relevant threads for entirely off-topic chat (such as snow reports, met office forecasts and general chat/moans about the weather or this winter).

For more no banter and just model discussion please head to the new focused model thread - this is also a great place to post (or cross post) your longer model summaries or thoughts around the models.

10 minutes ago, Updated_Weather said:

Explain how? When there is no sign of mild? 4'c is not mild.

Jeez its not rocket science  - you watched 2 different bulletins. The mild quote was on the 9.55 nightly update on bbc news channel and the other was the 10.35 after the main news bulletin on bbc1. End of

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

I simply couldn't resist, para at T288, FI I know, I know, but would be great to get this set up in early February.:oldgrin:

Goodnight all and sweet snowy dreams.

gfseu-0-288.png

gfseu-1-288.png

gfseu-2-288.png

gfseu-16-288.png

• Like 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, edinburgh_1992 said:

Half a meter... Not the best, but I guess it'll have to do

Unfortunately these charts will change again and again, they depend so much upon where exactly the lows are positioned. All we can do is hope for the best and wait until we start seeing these snowfalls within 72h

I will jinx the Edinbrough snow, having a weekend up there 15th feb. That garauntees no snow, I go away this weekend every year and evey year I miss the snow, montreal, oslo, prague, berlin, scottish highlands, new york, tallin, everyone snowless. They are playing kylie Minogue in the kitchen

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!!
13 minutes ago, saintkip said:

I will jinx the Edinbrough snow, having a weekend up there 15th feb. That garauntees no snow, I go away this weekend every year and evey year I miss the snow, montreal, oslo, prague, berlin, scottish highlands, new york, tallin, everyone snowless. They are playing kylie Minogue in the kitchen

I should be so lucky? 

• Like 1

Posted

18z GFSP is ALOT closer to what the tropical forcing would be expecting for that time, especially compared with what the GFS/ECM are trying to do, as singularity has been stating on the other thread at times.

All options firmly on the table. I'd still suggest that the deeper stronger low is more likely, but there has been movement back towards a more even mix. Still, don't be disappointed if the 00z move firmly back towards the larger low solution again. I suspect once the low has began the first processes of formation on Sundsay, we will have a much clearer idea. I did think we were getting there today this afternoon, but clearly the gFS suite and to some extent the ECM has thrown a grenade into that idea!

PS- some of those ensemble members really do look crazy looking at the precip, as said earlier, the more snowy models would probably leave someone jackpotting 12 inches+. Of course, there is a risk the whole lot ends up too suppressed and the low on Tuesday doesn't form, llke the GFS OP, in which case only a small area of higher snow totals likely, indeed verbatim few go above a couple of cms

Edited by kold weather
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzard conditions. ice days
6 minutes ago, kold weather said:

18z GFSP is ALOT closer to what the tropical forcing would be expecting for that time, especially compared with what the GFS/ECM are trying to do, as singularity has been stating on the other thread at times.

All options firmly on the table. I'd still suggest that the deeper stronger low is more likely, but there has been movement back towards a more even mix. Still, don't be disappointed if the 00z move firmly back towards the larger low solution again. I suspect once the low has began the first processes of formation on Sundsay, we will have a much clearer idea. I did think we were getting there today this afternoon, but clearly the gFS suite and to some extent the ECM has thrown a grenade into that idea!

00z suites..

To diss-figure the current basis!!.

And cean the LPS TO AN- advance-..with southward trajectory!..

And squall-milder inserts out of the mix...and as per-my notion..

Drop and grade..with allowed upper shouts..with a BIG leading edge snow machine.....

We shall but see!!??

Edited by tight isobar
  • Like 4

Posted
2 minutes ago, tight isobar said:

00z suites..

To diss-figure the current basis!!.

And cean the LPS TO AN- advance-..with southward trajectory!..

And squall-milder inserts out of the mix...and as per-my notion..

Drop and grade..with allowed upper shouts..with a BIG leading edge snow machine.....

We shall but see!!??

I have no idea what your on about at times, but mate, I hope your right in everything you say ;) 

At least we've now gotten further than we got than with the failed easterly, at this point it was already game and set with that one.

• Like 4

Posted
15 minutes ago, Nikkib74 said:

I should be so lucky? 

Nah the love song with Jason, its getting cool now, Nina Cherry. Another bottle just popped, reckon she’s gonna struggle taking our daughter to gymnastic tomorrow, onto house classics now, the partys getting started

Edited by saintkip

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow
17 minutes ago, kold weather said:

I have no idea what your on about at times, but mate, I hope your right in everything you say  

At least we've now gotten further than we got than with the failed easterly, at this point it was already game and set with that one.

What you gonna do when your back at work with all this kicking off mate

lol

your commentary may be slower 

Edited by snowbob
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool and Stormy

The runs will change by the morning again. So much uncertainty. I wouldn't be analysing them too much. Some snow about, but we all know that if a low slides it generally goes further south and in most cases misses us completely. I think it will be Sunday until we are sure about early next week.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm, bright summers and Cold, snowy winters
26 minutes ago, kold weather said:

PS- some of those ensemble members really do look crazy looking at the precip, as said earlier, the more snowy models would probably leave someone jackpotting 12 inches+. Of course, there is a risk the whole lot ends up too suppressed and the low on Tuesday doesn't form, llke the GFS OP, in which case only a small area of higher snow totals likely, indeed verbatim few go above a couple of cms

Pert 9?

gens-9-1-114.png  gens-9-2-114.png

OR

Maybe you're a Pert 11 kind of guy/gal.

gens-11-1-126.pnggens-11-2-126.png

Edited by Snowman.
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

I know it's late but here is a presie for ya,blocking at high lats mean -AO

814day_03.thumb.gif.5bdff3eee4b874eaf52b480e14240449.gifao.sprd2.thumb.gif.0ac0b2fa08ab5ad6053914c8214514f6.gif

Forecasted record braking AO at that this season

something to ponder on as we move into Feb.

Edited by Allseasons-si
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice
2 minutes ago, CreweCold said:

I agree

Hit the post before i posted

soz.

• Like 1

Posted

ICON looks a huge upgrade at 00z..

Prolonging the cold out until early Feb and snow chances esp across the midlands/south..

Would be lovely if UKMO follows that!!

image.thumb.png.25780c8ad6d718b0590acd821b372526.png

Edited by northwestsnow
  • Like 5

Posted
5 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

Prolonging the cold out until early Feb and snow chances esp across the midlands/south..

Oh yes - and look up to the north east as well!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in the Summer, cold and snowy in the winter, simples!
17 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

Yes off to a good start this morning but this in extremely complex trough so expecting plenty of variation - all cold variations would be nice.

• Like 2

If you look at the ICON NH view as well the pressure patterns - they signify a very negative AO - which is driving that weak desire to progress The jet east-

Lots of High potential for the next week

Snow for many....

E1DD407C-23B3-4C9A-992B-FB9E746EB3D2.thumb.png.81f4fccb67bba7dc486c816aa8d55685.png

Edited by Steve Murr
  • Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOWWWWWWWW

Looks like the models have done another u-turn. The enthusiasm here now a far cry from yesterday afternoons disappointment!! 

Not getting overly excited, but the closer we get with the models looking like this, the less chance they can keep changing. Things currently look very nice indeed.

• Like 1