Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Cold hunt - models and chat

Paul
Message added by Paul

Please ensure that the majority of your posts in this thread are model related - a theme of model discussion needs to run throughout.
Some off topic chat and reactions are ok, but please use other, more relevant threads for entirely off-topic chat (such as snow reports, met office forecasts and general chat/moans about the weather or this winter).

For more no banter and just model discussion please head to the new focused model thread - this is also a great place to post (or cross post) your longer model summaries or thoughts around the models.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
3 minutes ago, DiagonalRedLine said:

(even though some will probably look back on the mysteriousness of the missing thread and laugh

Certainly provided some alternative 'entertainment'. ?️♂️

Hopefully this place will be more cheerful in the coming days. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow
Just now, matt111 said:

Certainly provided some alternative 'entertainment'. ?️♂️

Hopefully this place will be more cheerful in the coming days. 

Good one

Posted
1 minute ago, Matty M said:

Final chart from ICON 18z a bit of a tease

icon-0-120.png?23-18

Looks like the vortex is evolving in a positive way from looking at the N.Hemisphere charts. Need that to continue, the ICON is against some big hitters tonight, if ever it was going to pull another Feb 18, now would be the time!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, Snowy winters.
8 minutes ago, nick sussex said:

Slider shortwave energy in the nearer term could produce some frontal snow .

Both the ICON and ECM have this . Whilst a lot of attention is on post day 7 earlier on there is some interest .

Talking about Sunday, Nick?

Posted
11 minutes ago, DiagonalRedLine said:

Feel I have an apology to make. 

If people are wondering why this thread vanished for almost an hour, basically I went ahead a locked the thread first. Then, went and hid it.

Was feeling fed up (partly due to the way this thread was going and for other reasons). Regardless, I shouldn’t have taken out my frustrations on here by vaporising this thread and leaving people feeling confused and worried as to what happened. 

It wasn’t fair and I didn’t let any members of my team know what I did. Nor anyone on here. I’m sorry for behaving that way and wouldn’t blame anyone for being annoyed. Not really a great example for a mod/host to set. 

While I appreciate some of the damage I likely caused (even though some will probably look back on the mysteriousness of the missing thread and laugh), I will make sure it doesn’t happen again. After all, this thread is meant to be a laid back and fun place for you guys to chat about the models, and would hate to ruin that mood. 

Could have chosen not to have said anything at all, but feel you guys deserved to know the truth! 

I propose a vote of no confidence! We need a new Moderator to lead us into Snexit

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow
10 minutes ago, inghams85 said:

I propose a vote of no confidence! We need a new Moderator to lead us into Snexit

I don’t know give him two years to strike a deal

we could leave Europe with a guaranteed snow zone

Edited by snowbob
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Snow & Snow.

@DiagonalRedLine you do a great job and you are more laid back than some of the pantz mods who just go over the top and move posts and don't let nothing go.

Top Man. ?

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW ICE
13 minutes ago, DiagonalRedLine said:

If people are wondering why this thread vanished for almost an hour, basically I went ahead a locked the thread first. Then, went and hid it.

Was feeling fed up (partly due to the way this thread was going and for other reasons). Regardless, I shouldn’t have taken out my frustrations on here by vaporising this thread and leaving people feeling confused and worried as to what happened. 

It wasn’t fair and I didn’t let any members of my team know what I did. Nor anyone on here. I’m sorry for behaving that way and wouldn’t blame anyone for being annoyed. Not really a great example for a mod/host to set. 

While I appreciate some of the damage I likely caused (even though some will probably look back on the mysteriousness of the missing thread and laugh), I will make sure it doesn’t happen again. After all, this thread is meant to be a laid back and fun place for you guys to chat about the models, and would hate to ruin that mood. 

Could have chosen not to have said anything at all, but feel you guys deserved to know the truth

You crossed your DiagonalREDline

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!

@DiagonalRedLine Is there any chance you could hide the thread everytime there is a bad model run? 

All joking aside though - no need for an apology. 

It is the banter thread after all! 

• Like 3

Posted
18 minutes ago, DiagonalRedLine said:

Could have chosen not to have said anything at all, but feel you guys deserved to know the truth! 

To be honest, I thought maybe a load of Vegans had done it. Or maybe the Freemasons. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOWWWWWWWW
2 minutes ago, Skullzrulerz said:

Don't think it's not out just yet should starting running in about 15-30 mins

Get ready for a BOOM chart. Heard it here first

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

We need a Snexiteer; and preferably one who will rule-out No Snow! Piers Corbyn???

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
11 minutes ago, Jason74 said:

To be honest, I thought maybe a load of Vegans had done it. Or maybe the Freemasons. 

They're all too busy thwarting Brexit!

Edited by Ed Stone

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Frosty Mornings

I have a funny feeling Feb is going to be a good month for cold lovers, no data to back that up , just a feeling.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOWWWWWWWW
3 minutes ago, Skullzrulerz said:

Hopefully not the boom chart of where Mild Easterly's are involved

Nooo, it's going to be a perfect deep cold run so we can all go to bed delighted, then wake up for the 00z's and cry inside.